Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

when was the last time we had major news sources calling for a race war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

when was the last time we had major news sources calling for a race war

68 probably

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

helpful guide to picking your side in the upcoming race war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REO0pucYY8

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zoux posted:

68 probably

life is eerily cyclical sometimes

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you see how disproportionate things are tho. hundreds of black guys get killed by different cops and it's a tragic convenience of being black in America but two guys shoot at cops at a protest and its like ALL THE BLACKS ARE YOUR ENEMY!!! SHOOT ON SIGHT!!!! ITS A RACE WAR!!!!!!!!

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Al! posted:

you see how disproportionate things are tho. hundreds of black guys get killed by different cops and it's a tragic convenience of being black in America but two guys shoot at cops at a protest and its like ALL THE BLACKS ARE YOUR ENEMY!!! SHOOT ON SIGHT!!!! ITS A RACE WAR!!!!!!!!
it's just pointing out that now there are two belligerents, so the criteria for "war" are fulfilled

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Tautologicus posted:

if people want to say i'm mentally ill and a racist and whatever, i'm just going to make it real clear that i'm better than them before i proceed any further. that's all. if they didn't bring up the ad hominems, i wouldnt rub my life in their faces. my life is great

you spend all day, every day, losing your mind on a message board

great life

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yesterday: Crime and Punishment
Today: War and Peace

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

helpful guide to picking your side in the upcoming race war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REO0pucYY8

hell yeah, I'm with the blacks

we got the vietnamese and poo poo, and the racists all got midgets and the obese so we be good

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

"Motorists", also very nice of the guy that called Mexicans rapists, accused the president of being a Kenyan and says he will ban all Muslims to be decrying racial tensions.

Seriously shut the gently caress up Donny.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Baloogan posted:

Yesterday: Crime and Punishment
Today: War and Peace

Tomorrow: The Idiot*

*Trump announces his VP

EDIT: ^^^Honestly it isn't that bad and its nice to see Manafort/Trump's SM team wrest the phone away from him when it matters.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

It's almost as if someone has been stoking the flames of racial tension in this country for their own personal gain.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Al! posted:

The problem is that this line of thinking isn't the actual enemy.

The actual problem is that for a lot of Americans what happened in Dallas will just be this weird moral balancing act. The racist cops are bad but the people on the other side are also bad. So without a side to really go on, we fall on the side of just doing nothing. Choosing a perceived moral high ground of inaction.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Tomorrow: The Idiot*

*Trump announces his VP

my favorite won't be till the DNC when we get a guest appearance from The Brothers Castromazov

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

The problem is that this line of thinking isn't the actual enemy.

The actual problem is that for a lot of Americans what happened in Dallas will just be this weird moral balancing act. The racist cops are bad but the people on the other side are also bad. So without a side to really go on, we fall on the side of just doing nothing. Choosing a perceived moral high ground of inaction.

Whatever we end up doing, you can bet it will be wrong headed, ineffective, watered down, overly politicized and ultimately useless.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zoux posted:

Whatever we end up doing, you can bet it will be wrong headed, ineffective, watered down, overly politicized and ultimately useless.

no, one day we will finally defeat the terrorists, white teenagers, and the mentally ill and mass shootings will just go away

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

If we frown about the sad state of mental health enough times then it will bring all the victims back to life

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

After the Giffords shooting, the only notable thing that occured in the mental health front was the governor of Arizona slashing its budget by half.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I tend to side with the mages more often than the templars so I'm betting on black in the upcoming race war.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Shageletic posted:

After the Giffords shooting, the only notable thing that occured in the mental health front was the governor of Arizona slashing its budget by half.

Even if they doubled it, it wouldn't do poo poo for mass shootings because mental illness isn't really the common denominator between them

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
its a good thing i found a nice cozy cave in death valley to ride out this race war thing.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i honestly thought that black president would prevent the race war

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Darkman Fanpage posted:

its a good thing i found a nice cozy cave in death valley to ride out this race war thing.

And afterwards the machines will find you anyway.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

so yeah the subways are crazy tense in nyc right now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

i honestly thought that black president would prevent the race war

Whites will lose the race war so you should probably join our side now

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

magiccarpet posted:

lol why?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/751415759801319424

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I thought the shooters were sniping -- who would be near them to hear what they said?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i heard there were like fifty shooters and they had bazookas

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

magiccarpet posted:

Umm I just used the subway to go to work and it was normal.

Other than being 8000 degrees, maximum humidity, and smelly. That's normal for summer though.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

I thought the shooters were sniping -- who would be near them to hear what they said?

No one knows what the gently caress is happening of how it happened yet. It's all just baseless speculation for the most part.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tbf normal is tense for the NYC subway

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

im gonna go get some pringles for breakfast and we shall see who wins!!!!

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

prefect posted:

One cop got into a gun fight on the ground the footage is a few pages back

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
anyone know what actually happened? like, how many perps, the color of their skin etc

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Al! posted:

Eh, I'm gonna sit this one out myself, but if I were a betting man, I mean, just based on record alone...

There's a lot of bad stuff about white people, and genocide is one of those things because it turns out we're really good at it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

anyone know what actually happened? like, how many perps, the color of their skin etc

No. But usually these things devolve from "Multiple shooters with a well-planned ambush attack" to "One crazy gently caress with a rifle".

From the media coverage, I'd hazard a guess that the shooter who was killed was black and pissed about cops killing black men, but I don't know.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

mrmcd posted:

Umm I just used the subway to go to work and it was normal.

Other than being 8000 degrees, maximum humidity, and smelly. That's normal for summer though.

just seemed like a thousand eyes darting around i silence. the heat won't help. no cops though - i was definitely expecting a bag check this morning.

anyways i can't wait to walk through protests in times square tonight to see john carpenter play some rippin synth tunes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ReidRansom posted:

Eh, I'm gonna sit this one out myself, but if I were a betting man, I mean, just based on record alone...

There's a lot of bad stuff about white people, and genocide is one of those things because it turns out we're really good at it.

Appreciate the congrats

• Locked thread