Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

IcePhoenix posted:

I hadn't even thought about how many people at the event must be running around trying to catch Pokemon now, that must be amazing to watch.

Was the Necrodancer run good? I had to go to bed before it started :smith:

One of the couch guys for SAWA left abruptly right after the run ended cause there was an Eevee nearby. Like almost rudely.

Necrodancer was good if a little short. 2 quick races. Not nearly as amazing as the Coda runs last time though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007

Grizlor posted:

I've been sick and/or exhausted due to gross weather and construction next door waking me up every morning at 7 (I work 10-7 because the company I work for is on pacific time) and I haven't been able to watch in about a day and a half. What runs do I really need to watch? Here's what's on my list of stuff to catch the VODs of so far:

Contra 3
Blindfolded SotN (or just Castlevania block in general)
Goonies 2
LADX
Guacamelee + dustforce DX
Momodora
Bonesaw's Jak and Daxter nonsense
Probably Zelda 2 and Bionic Commando?

The two runs by Puri were good (Arena + Daggerfall)

Also, when did emote-only chat start? What was the event that pushed it to that, if not Fallout 3?

Fiblah fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 8, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rynyin posted:

One of the couch guys for SAWA left abruptly right after the run ended cause there was an Eevee nearby. Like almost rudely.

Necrodancer was good if a little short. 2 quick races. Not nearly as amazing as the Coda runs last time though.

Haha, that's basically the exact reason I'm doing my damndest not to download it, I feel like it would seriously gently caress with me at work. Though the possibility of having enough activity to be a gym leader at a major student hub is tempting.

Glad to hear Necrodancer was good, I like watching people tear that game up.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

InfiniteMystery casually did his PB on Dragon Egg.

And now we're off to Ninja Gaiden Shadow. This guy is pretty enthusiastic.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Gal, apparently.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
there's a kirby block today heck yeah

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

Gal, apparently.

I realized it as soon as the other guy referred to her as "she". Whoops!

Is this actually the game that was supposed to be a sequel for "Shadow of the Ninja" NES game and for some reason got made into a Ninja Gaiden game? e: or rather, a port of SOTN

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Yes it is!

Also yes, she's fun to watch because she's excited and able to actually commentate on the game.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
communist soldier with machine gun and map of US cities to bomb (i guess), in MY ninja gaiden?

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
I fell asleep before the Mark of the Ninja run last night. Is it worth going back for? It's one of my all time favorite games but the last speedrun I saw of it took place outside the map around 90% of the time.

Fake edit: Which is totally fair, just not super fun to watch.

Real edit: vvvv Oh, sweet. Thanks.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Keksen posted:

I fell asleep before the Mark of the Ninja run last night. Is it worth going back for? It's one of my all time favorite games but the last speedrun I saw of it took place outside the map around 90% of the time.

it was a no-OOB run, I think, so probably

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
5k, drat.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Sound by Don.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Thanks, Don.

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015
This game looks baller.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
remember ultraman? he's back . . . in ball form!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
wtf why is the youtube so behind

it's behind like two days

ugh!!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
not just balls, ultraman balls

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rynyin posted:

The attitude of that run from the runner and the couch dudes tells me him bailing like that was an act and not actually rude :ssh:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Gamerofthegame posted:

wtf why is the youtube so behind

it's behind like two days

ugh!!!

The GDQ Twitch archive is up-to-date, you just have to scrub through ridiculously long videos to find what you're looking for.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

JethroMcB posted:

The GDQ Twitch archive is up-to-date, you just have to scrub through ridiculously long videos to find what you're looking for.

Or hit up reddit, they have times for most stuff already archived.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dias posted:

Or hit up reddit, they have times for most stuff already archived.

to wit: https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/4r4pyp/sgdq_vod_thread_2016/

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Really good-rear end intermission music this GB block.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Up beat to wake you up. At a guess, all Jet Set Radio?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Now, it is the time for Kirby.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've never been that into Kirby 'cept for the NES game, so I might take this chance to catch up. Unless there's a game that you guys know should be really entertaining to watch live?

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I haven't played a Kirby game in quite awhile, but drat I love me some Kirby.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gm, im excited about kirby block

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Did I just zone out and totally miss the Ultraman Ball run? I legit didn't notice it was on at all, and thought they were doing an unusually long intermission.

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015
Even more cute balls incoming!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wow I just looked at the post count in this thread, god drat your computer

you are the shitposting champion of this thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
other than kirby 64, kirby games are so god drat good looking

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

How are they doing co-op on this? Is it possible to link up two gamecubes with the GBA player or something?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the guy on the left is not....great at this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this must be take a lot of damage%

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

raditts posted:

How are they doing co-op on this? Is it possible to link up two gamecubes with the GBA player or something?

yes. google the four swords adventures gigaquad.

I wish Kirby Amazing Mirror was a better game, the co-op was set up better, and that the game was more optimized for it. With full disclosure that I'm not nearly as familiar with Castlevania as I should be, I've never seen any other Metroidvania-type game that has multiplayer with asynchronous exploration. Amazing Mirror kind of sucks honestly but I'm a big apologist for it. I love that Meta Knight is ostensibly the "dark" version of Kirby but there's not one but two evil versions of Meta Knight running around.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't like these high-value anonymous donations, I'm always scared it's some chan kid trolling.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
meta knight is shadow the hedgehog or knuckles?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

nerdbot posted:

yes. google the four swords adventures gigaquad.

I wish Kirby Amazing Mirror was a better game, the co-op was set up better, and that the game was more optimized for it. With full disclosure that I'm not nearly as familiar with Castlevania as I should be, I've never seen any other Metroidvania-type game that has multiplayer with asynchronous exploration. Amazing Mirror kind of sucks honestly but I'm a big apologist for it. I love that Meta Knight is ostensibly the "dark" version of Kirby but there's not one but two evil versions of Meta Knight running around.

There's the PSN/XBLA Castlevania game, though it's got a more constrained map in each level than most of these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Fallout 4 runner is great, he does all kinds of silly stuff with a perfect poker face.

• Locked thread