Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

BeefThief posted:

police officers put their lives on the line every day

they don't really though. being a cop is not a particularly dangerous job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Slugnoid posted:

did it read him his rights? or at least give him ten seconds to comply?

Reports indicate the robot was programed to repeat "stop resisting"

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Blazing Zero posted:

a johnny fiver

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
So when is President Trump implementing capital punishment by bomb robot for thought crime? I think we know where this is going

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I just heard how they enrolled a suicide bomber robot to take out that guy lmao that's Texas as gently caress

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

Is he talking about the election or the shooting?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
bombot

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

dangit negotiating? That'll take too long just blow him up with that there robit

I hope this becomes the new standard for dealing with holed-up active shooters and we develop a PC-Corporate-Cute nickname for blowing someone up with a robot lol

do you think this is the first time any law enforcement from any country has used a robot with a bomb to blow up a suspect? this could be a pivotal moment in human history

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
They should've used tried and true tactics and just dropped some C4 from a helicopter on the building.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
pretty soon cops will be replaced by bombots that will kill black people at a much lower cost and with higher efficiency

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I've been preparing for a zombie apocalypse or a 99.9% of everyone is dead apocalypse, like The Stand. Not sure if I'm ready for the total societal meltdown due to race war apocalypse. Will this have an affect on which calibers are most effective?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Rotacixe posted:

:golfclap:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

DOMDOM posted:

do you think this is the first time any law enforcement from any country has used a robot with a bomb to blow up a suspect? this could be a pivotal moment in human history

I mostly believe this is how it went down:

Shooter: "I have a bomb, everyone's gonna die!"
Cops: "...oh, you'll have a bomb alright."

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
*gets pulled over for speeding, watches in horror through my rearview mirror as a the police deploy a small robot to my driverside door*

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FrankieGoes posted:

I've been preparing for a zombie apocalypse or a 99.9% of everyone is dead apocalypse, like The Stand. Not sure if I'm ready for the total societal meltdown due to race war apocalypse. Will this have an affect on which calibers are most effective?

i thought the zombie apocalypse had always been a spin on the race war apocalypse to make it "not racist"?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Rotacixe posted:

He's talking about Obamacare obv.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

FrankieGoes posted:

Don't use the green tipped zombie killing bullets

http://m.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Slugnoid posted:

did it read him his rights? or at least give him ten seconds to comply?

No. It didn't hear the gun drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9l9wxGFl4k

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Do those bomb robots go up stairs?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

fits my needs posted:

i thought the zombie apocalypse had always been a spin on the race war apocalypse to make it "not racist"?

It's literally about zombies stupid.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Luvcow posted:

*gets pulled over for speeding, watches in horror through my rearview mirror as a the police deploy a small robot to my driverside door*

Robot police chase eh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgphD_ZO_jI

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Helical Nightmares posted:

It's literally about zombies stupid.

no its a really boring tv show is what it is

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
LET ME IN

I JUST WANT TO TALK

Blazing Zero posted:

a johnny fiver

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Helical Nightmares posted:

Don't use the green tipped zombie killing bullets

http://m.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

I have a box of that and I'm currently using it to prop up my center channel speaker.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

fits my needs posted:

It is, but it still makes a difference in tactics.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Wikkheiser posted:

Dallas PD has been putting more cops into the gayborhood because there have been a series of really violent muggings. police are necessary to stop violent crime i hate to break it to y'all it's true.

They've been pretty ineffective at stopping anything. The attacks have been going on for about a year now at a rate of about one a week. They assigned a ~special task force~ which mostly amounts to some officers standing around outside of the big clubs. Some dude my friend works with got stabbed through the cheek.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Jose Oquendo posted:

Do those bomb robots go up stairs?

American's can't either so its moot

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Luvcow posted:

do you think if cops killed blacks with bomb robots people would be ok with it? lets be real,thats pretty sick. maybe worth it

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

THE PWNER posted:

do you think if cops killed blacks with bomb robots people would be ok with it? lets be real,thats pretty sick. maybe worth it

i would feel better about that if the robots walked on some kind of legs rather than rolling on tank treads

i can't really explain why tho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao that they used a robot with a bomb on a suspect

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Replace all uniformed officers with T-800s. Problem solved.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

City of Tampa posted:

i would feel better about that if the robots walked on some kind of legs rather than rolling on tank treads

vs

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

City of Tampa posted:

"this cop just bombed my boyfriend. i'm sitting here routine traffic stop and this robot walks over on four legs, falls face first by the driver side door then explodes and sends shrapnel into his head. there's a cop over by his car giving me a thumbs up in the rear view mirror n smilin."

"mommy that was pretty sick"

"yea it was tbh"

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

e

wa27 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 8, 2016

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Told Two Times posted:

Is the race war over yet?

Its gonna be soon, white people got robots now. And they aint afraid to use them. I mean cops never go to jail, I figure murderbots wouldnt even be eligible for jail?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought that only a good guy with a gun could stop a bad guy with a gun. When did robots and bombs come into this

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

rotinaj posted:

I thought that only a good guy with a gun could stop a bad guy with a gun. When did robots and bombs come into this

The future is now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

rotinaj posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8obQwmaxE1g

You gotta bring the right tool for the job

• Locked thread