Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Baloogan posted:

anyone know what actually happened? like, how many perps, the color of their skin etc

no. lots of speculation and the news is mostly running with two black guys as shooters and three other people including one woman in custody

except for race this is in the chiefs presser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
According to Dallas Police, there were 2 known shooters, a man and a woman. The woman is in custody, the man is dead after a shootout with the police. A third guy, who is black, was identified as a suspect, turned himself in, was questioned and released. That's all that's for sure right now.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

so yeah the subways are crazy tense in nyc right now

if by tense you mean theres black people on them then yes that's how they always are

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

if you mean its tense because everyones in a bad mood that's cause it's like 85 degrees out with 70 percent humidity

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
the real race war is the one against the oranges

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Constant Hamprince posted:

Protestants are many things but I don't think they count as a race.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Constant Hamprince posted:

The loving Dutch...

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

magiccarpet posted:

so yeah the subways are crazy tense in nyc right now

they are? which ones? are people blocking the doors again and not moving into the car?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if you mean its tense because everyones in a bad mood that's cause it's like 85 degrees out with 70 percent humidity

:allears: You guys are so cute.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

oh you poor babies 85 degrees and 70 percent the horror

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

ReidRansom posted:

oh you poor babies 85 degrees and 70 percent the horror

Wanna know how I know you've never ridden the NYC subway in July?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I can't wait to find out that the killers were using assault rifles so we can have a fun new debate on gun control.

radical meme posted:

A third guy, who is black, was identified as a suspect, turned himself in, was questioned and released. That's all that's for sure right now.

The third guy was just a guy using his second amendment rights to walk around with an assault rifle who handed it over to a police officer when the shooting started but the police labeled him a suspect and blasted his picture and name all over. I mean there is so much to unpack there. One of the suspects is dead because I am not kidding the police put a bomb on a bomb disposal robot and blew him up. Why do the police even have bombs to deploy?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pook Good Mook posted:

After 3 days of rain. It was a sauna and everyone coming out had lost the will to live.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pook Good Mook posted:

Nice try but I've also lived in and rode worse than that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Do tell

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

His name was Mark Hughes and here are him and his brother being interviewed about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zok9rk9x_s

Summary: as soon as they found out that Mark was a person of interest, he and his brother immediately went to the cops to surrender, they did nothing, Mark was constitutionally exercising his right to open carry in the state of Texas, they were interrogated, the cops tried that "we got witness that saw you do it" poo poo, it didn't work, obviously since they didn't do poo poo, the cops wont apologize.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Three Olives posted:

I can't wait to find out that the killers were using assault rifles so we can have a fun new debate on gun control.

The third guy was just a guy using his second amendment rights to walk around with an assault rifle who handed it over to a police officer when the shooting started but the police labeled him a suspect and blasted his picture and name all over. I mean there is so much to unpack there. One of the suspects is dead because I am not kidding the police put a bomb on a bomb disposal robot and blew him up. Why do the police even have bombs to deploy?

for dismantling larger explosives with.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Three Olives posted:

One of the suspects is dead because I am not kidding the police put a bomb on a bomb disposal robot and blew him up. Why do the police even have bombs to deploy?

I'm guessing it was a flashbang but they got too close with it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

You better not say the T motherfucker

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

Why do the police even have bombs to deploy?

They use bombs to set off other explosives.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Zeroisanumber posted:

They use bombs to set off other explosives.

Not really "set off", but blowing up explosives is one of the safest and easiest ways to get rid of them. That or burning them up with thermite. So your average bomb disposal unit has all sorts of explosives.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Aren't there, um, regulations against using explosives against people? Couldn't they strap 20 flashbangs on it instead?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
send in the suicide bot

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ReidRansom posted:

Nice try but I've also lived in and rode worse than that.

:agreed:

Al! posted:

Do tell

Not him but try driving in a car without air conditioning when it's 106 with a heat index of 120-130 outside

It gets so hot in the Southwest that it will break your air conditioning. 85 degrees with any amount of humidity? Cute.

It's cool out today and the heat index in Tulsa is expected to have a high of around 110

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 8, 2016

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
What place is the Blacks African Americans on Donald Trump's list of his favorite races? I bet theyre pretty high up there, like number 3

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

Aren't there, um, regulations against using explosives against people? Couldn't they strap 20 flashbangs on it instead?

philly cops dropped explosives on the move house from a helicopter and didnt get in trouble

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

Three Olives posted:

Why do the police even have bombs to deploy?

Probably the SWAT teams have them so they can destroy walls to penetrate a building, which could come in handy in a hostage crisis. It's also helpful for bomb containment, where they have controlled detonations of suspicious packages and other items.
Also apparently it's useful for strapping to Jihadbots to blow the poo poo out of sniper cop killers.

RIP hero Jihadbot, enjoy your 01001000 virgins in robot paradise.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Demiurge4 posted:

There are regulations against using flashbangs on people as well. Generally though, the moment you start shooting at people those sort of regulations tend to fly out the window.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mirthless posted:

Not him but try driving in a car without air conditioning when it's 106 with a heat index of 120-130 outside

It gets so hot in the Southwest that it will break your air conditioning. 85 degrees with any amount of humidity? Cute.

Now try making that drive in a cave the whole way and tell me which you would prefer, I've been in both situations and let me tell you id take that any day

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Mirthless posted:

Did your car have 12 other people in it? At least one of whom didn't understand bathing? And another with stinky loving food?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The mistake you're making is that it's 85 and 70 topside

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Al! posted:

Do tell

We've been working around the equator and in the tropics generally, lately.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

send in the suicide bot

YOU GOT
HYPER BOMB

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

We've been working around the equator and in the tropics generally, lately.

Ok you win

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Demiurge4 posted:

Nah. When an armed suspect has barricaded himself into a place and says he's not coming out and will kill anyone who comes up, you can pretty much do anything to end the situation and it's cool.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Looking forward to getting back to the comparatively light topic of a lunatic almost winning the most powerful job in human history while simultaneously imploding one half of the two party system that's kept us stable since the civil war.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Can you imagine what a conquistador's balls must have tasted like????? Wow!!!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

you don't know heat and humidity and smells until you've been in an enclosed place in the third world

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Nah. When an armed suspect has barricaded himself into a place and says he's not coming out and will kill anyone who comes up, you can pretty much do anything to end the situation and it's cool.

Since they killed him we can assume he's black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Al! posted:

Can you imagine what a conquistador's balls must have tasted like????? Wow!!!

now I'm thinking about it anyway :mad:

• Locked thread