Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

philly cops dropped explosives on the move house from a helicopter and didnt get in trouble

quote:

Fallout
Mayor Goode soon appointed an investigative commission called the PSIC (aka MOVE Commission), chaired by William H. Brown, III. Police commissioner Sambor resigned in November 1985, reporting that he felt that he was being made a "surrogate" by Goode.[23] Goode, on the other hand, feared the Philadelphia Police Department as he had received intelligence indicating that he had been marked as a target for death by the police department.[24] The MOVE Commission issued its report on March 6, 1986. The report denounced the actions of the city government, stating that "Dropping a bomb on an occupied row house was unconscionable."[25] Following the release of the report, Goode made a formal public apology.[26] No one from the city government was charged criminally but the only surviving MOVE member, Ramona Africa, was charged and incarcerated on riot and conspiracy charges.[27]

In 1996 a federal jury ordered the city to pay a US$ 1.5 million civil suit judgement to survivor Ramona Africa and relatives of two people killed in the bombing. The jury had found that the city used excessive force and violated the members' constitutional protections against unreasonable search and seizure.[21] Philadelphia was given the sobriquet "The City that Bombed Itself."[28][29]

1.5 million dollars sounds like trouble to me but ok

Pook Good Mook posted:

Did your car have 12 other people in it? At least one of whom didn't understand bathing? And another with stinky loving food?

Bus did last year. Can't imagine it was that much worse than the subway. Walking a mile home from the bus stop in 100 degree weather was just as bad if not worse tho. At least you come off the subway and it's not too hot to breathe.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Mirthless posted:

The taxpayers pay that tho, and nobody cares about them.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

paranoid randroid posted:

send in the suicide bot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmQxZkSswI

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mirthless posted:

Bus did last year. Can't imagine it was that much worse than the subway. Walking a mile home from the bus stop in 100 degree weather was just as bad if not worse tho. At least you come off the subway and it's not too hot to breathe.

Wait the mayor of Philadelphia feared that he had been marked for death by the police?

The 1980s, a golden age

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/derekwillis/status/751428651103686656

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

Nah. When an armed suspect has barricaded himself into a place and says he's not coming out and will kill anyone who comes up, you can pretty much do anything to end the situation and it's cool.

Or. You could just talk to him some more and see if with a little time and patience you could in fact talk him down peacefully, which is what would happen anywhere else in the West.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So turns out the guy was a 25 year old neckbeard recluse with no affiliation to any organization who just snapped

race war averted

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phi230 posted:

So turns out the guy was a 25 year old neckbeard recluse with no affiliation to any organization who just snapped

race war averted

link dog

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Phi230 posted:

race war averted

I dunno, sounds like he could be a goon.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
systematically kill all goons imo.

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out

This article made like 5 loving minutes after the guy was publicly identified posted:

Police said after several hours of negotiating and shooting at the officers, the suspect was killed by a bomb-wielding robot.

badass

src: http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/micah...facebook-video/

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

zoux posted:

link dog

https://twitter.com/AP/status/751433933066231808

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Deptfordx posted:

Or. You could just talk to him some more and see if with a little time and patience you could in fact talk him down peacefully, which is what would happen anywhere else in the West.

Guy wasn't going to surrender. If he did it would just be years waiting in a cell until he got the needle, and he knew that.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Guy wasn't going to surrender. If he did it would just be years waiting in a cell until he got the needle, and he knew that.

Then keep negotiating until they suicide this was strictly meant to send a message and end it quickly

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nice, let the "Malcolm" X comparisons begin

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
we negotiated for a while, but that was boring so we exploded him with robots

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Louisgod posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/751432908804685824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

He was unhappy about the Black Lives Matter group? I'm sure all the comments going 'Black Lives Kill' and suggesting this is a result of BLM will be redacted and apologies issued.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So he was an ex- soldier who went nutso and shot people

just like the texas clocktower sniper

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh dear.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Do we have audio of all the things he was supposedly shouting at the police

Or are we taking the police at their word that he was shouting DEATH TO THE WHITES

(b/c if it's the latter, not surprised they blew up the suspect, it fits their agenda. It wouldn't behoove them to have him make a statement and go to trial.)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Louisgod posted:

His middle name was Xavier

Let the X men comparisons begin

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phi230 posted:

So he was an ex- soldier who went nutso and shot people

just like the texas clocktower sniper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBuoBV-Sa0

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Louisgod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOJ9uNj9EY

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i have zero difficulty believing a disturbed, black member of the armed forces would go all gomer pyle on the cops

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

Do we have audio of all the things he was supposedly shouting at the police

Or are we taking the police at their word that he was shouting DEATH TO THE WHITES

We have the word of a black police chief, if that's worth anything to you.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

i have zero difficulty believing a disturbed, black member of the armed forces would go all gomer pyle on the cops

Fair, but I also have zero difficulty believing that a force of narcissistic sociopaths would be willing to lie about what a suspect said after killing him because of the political benefits it provides their organization.

Zeroisanumber posted:

We have the word of a black police chief, if that's worth anything to you.

Black police hate blacks more than white police do.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mirthless posted:

Fair, but I also have zero difficulty believing that a force of narcissistic sociopaths would be willing to lie about what a suspect said after killing him because of the political benefits it provides their organization.

Black police hate blacks more than white police do.

lmao you're an idiot

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Well, there weren't any stairs handy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
A lot of people are saying it was irresponsible for the cops to use DVA's ult on just one guy but they forget it's mostly an area denial thing.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i bet this guy will achieve martyr status just like dorner did

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I don't think so, he wasn't cool at all

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

A lot of people are saying it was irresponsible for the cops to use DVA's ult on just one guy but they forget it's mostly an area denial thing.

people that think they should save their ults are idiots.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica
Last year I did landscaping in the Israeli desert. In July and August. Outside all loving day. For one week or two it didn't drop below 40 Celsius until sundown. But 0% humidity, so after my body adjusted to it I wasn't complaining.
A few years before that I was working in Latin America and it got pretty humid. No AC or fans to be found anywhere because poverty lol. What could you do? Stay in the shade indoors and drink some water. Lay down and splay out if possible. It sucked but w/e. Also I was working two blocks from a garbage dump.

So I'm a bit of an expert on adapting to unpleasant climates and horrible smells all around the world.

But stick me on a crowded NYC subway in moderate heat and humidity and I'll try to rip my loving skin off. That poo poo sucks.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

zen death robot posted:

I'm gonna guess if there was anyone recording the standoff it would have been plastered everywhere by now. Also who the gently caress would wanna hang around a situation like that unless you really had to?

Argument for body cams. Maybe Dallas' law enforcement agencies should be spending less money on MRAPs and more money on covering their rear end.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swyFqRB3dxY

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

dorner was helped along by targeting the LAPD. nobody likes the LAPD. theres probably a few members of the LAPD who were like "lol good" when that happened.

also the slow trickle of ridiculous false reports, like that he had escaped Big Bear on a horse, were part of what made that whole thing amazing

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Justen Robinson 2 months ago
gently caress nixon
Reply 1

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/751439379361562624

Also HMMMMMM
https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/751435352934580224
(prob nothing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nameless_Steve posted:

RIP hero Jihadbot, enjoy your 01001000 virgins in robot paradise.

• Locked thread