Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OlmanRiver posted:

I legitimately tried to keep my kid off the interent. I asked all my family when he was born to not put his pictures up. I made a private snapfish that I kept updated for the people who loved him to see.

This stoped NOTHING. I beged once they started going up, I tried getting mad, I tried messaging facebook to take them down.

Its IMPOSSIBLE, and people have no respect for those who wish to have a small internet footprint for their child.

Then last week, at 4.5 years old he started asking to make his own youtube videos after seeing kids do unboxing videos on their toys. I lost the battle and my wife removed the restrictions on the family.

When hes 25 and his entire childhood is on the internet like that jim carry movie I wonder what his opinion will be.
link to his youtube?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That wasn't a robot though.

McNutty posted:

I mean unless you think a helicopter is a robot I'm not sure it lines up.

You're splitting some dumb hairs here.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

a better word than 'accomplishments'. 'actions' doesn't do it justice, while 'crimes' is binary and problematic

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

cuck cuck im gay posted:

Look at the picture we're talking about champ. It was of a cop having his neck cut open.

awesome!

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

Achievements :cool:

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

jfood posted:

a better word than 'accomplishments'. 'actions' doesn't do it justice, while 'crimes' is binary and problematic

Carrying out his civic duty

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

OlmanRiver posted:

I legitimately tried to keep my kid off the interent. I asked all my family when he was born to not put his pictures up. I made a private snapfish that I kept updated for the people who loved him to see.

This stoped NOTHING. I beged once they started going up, I tried getting mad, I tried messaging facebook to take them down.

Its IMPOSSIBLE, and people have no respect for those who wish to have a small internet footprint for their child.

Then last week, at 4.5 years old he started asking to make his own youtube videos after seeing kids do unboxing videos on their toys. I lost the battle and my wife removed the restrictions on the family.

When hes 25 and his entire childhood is on the internet like that jim carry movie I wonder what his opinion will be.

Privacy is a thing of the past. Except, instead of coercion, people give it up on their own accord. And you probably should make sure that your kid doesn't do unboxing videos. They're almost always poo poo.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Was it a white robot or black robot?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Monachos posted:

I like this, goes well with the whole 'collecting badges' motif

thanks goon!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fire Barrel posted:

Privacy is a thing of the past. Except, instead of coercion, people give it up on their own accord. And you probably should make sure that your kid doesn't do unboxing videos. They're almost always poo poo.

Yeah seriously those are lame as hell. You're going to turn your son into a lootcrate subscriber good job.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

jfood posted:

accomplishments is good

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Shaocaholica posted:

BlackBot aint no jive turkey blow himself up for crackers

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

fits my needs posted:

Yeah seriously those are lame as hell. You're going to turn your son into a lootcrate subscriber good job.

You're saying this like it makes me happy. Either way you can't avoid it even if you try.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Monachos posted:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

OlmanRiver posted:

I don't have kids but if I did I don't think I'd mind pictures of him or her being on there. Not a billion of them but after he's born and maybe some major events but no way will there be any info in the background like a sign for the school or something.

So I'm ok with Facebook to an extent but I don't think I'd be OK with youtube for some reason. Because then people claim a Youtuber is a public person or something so it's OK to send a false Swat team to your house because your kid dissed some stranger's favorite video game or some dumb poo poo like that. I don't really see that stuff happening on Facebook.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Next headline on CNN: "Robot gets Medal"

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Shaocaholica posted:

Wait, hold up. Did the robot survive? Did an American agency just use a jihad bot???? Mind blown.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Why not just replace police with robots if they're already doing all the hard work

Cops cause this mess by shooting up unarmed blacks and it's the poor robots who have to clean up the mess and ultimately pay for it

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

lynch_69 posted:

You're a loving druggie failure dumb enough to get caught and spend three years in prison. You're in no position to talk down to anyone. Take your truth is in the middle claptrap and stick it firmly up your rear end, you're not convincing anyone of anything. Next week there will be ten more grainy YouTube clips of cops murdering black men and you and your ilk will be here like clockwork explaining how they actually deserved it.

id rather hang out with him than you

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

OlmanRiver posted:

and that kid grew up to be ashens

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

OlmanRiver posted:

You're saying this like it makes me happy. Either way you can't avoid it even if you try.

Then you're a whipped bitch in an unequal partnership with your spouse if you can't even make joint child rearing decisions.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

That DICK! posted:

Why not just replace police with robots if they're already doing all the hard work

Cops cause this mess by shooting up unarmed blacks and it's the poor robots who have to clean up the mess and ultimately pay for it

just tape a gun to a roomba and do both at the same time

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Is the pokemans still down in Dallas?

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
I was given my way for almost 5 years until he asked himself to be an actor. You would deny your kids request?

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
Dallas PD is finally releasing information about the robotics team. This is apparently the engineer who constructed the robot.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I saw a police bbq the other day & i gotta say that those husky blobs in blue could stand to take in less bbq.

Faternal order of police

Maw engorgement officers.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

How long before cop robots are blowing up civilian black robots?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The robots just got ten feet taller

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
will it be racist for me to put lego mindstorms in the toys for tot box this christmas?

because i did it last year i think kids should have robots

e: also chemistry sets

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
woulda been cooler if the robot looked like this though

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cuck cuck im gay posted:

Look at the picture we're talking about champ. It was of a cop having his neck cut open.

What's wrong with that?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
video footage should be inadmissable in court if the phone is being held vertically

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

McNutty posted:

Dallas PD is finally releasing information about the robotics team. This is apparently the engineer who constructed the robot.

Cool robomb, Ahmed!

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

baneling burst irl

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

jfood posted:

Reparations.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Did that guy who surrendered to the police and actually had nothing to do with it REALLY walk around with that huge loving weapon? Is that actually a thing in the USA? Holy poo poo. You just walk around with a huge loving killing machine like that? On the streets of Dallas? I'm being serious, this is mind blowing to this Eastern European.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yes americans are nuts, we've been over this

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Mr Underhill posted:

Did that guy who surrendered to the police and actually had nothing to do with it REALLY walk around with that huge loving weapon? Is that actually a thing in the USA? Holy poo poo. You just walk around with a huge loving killing machine like that? On the streets of Dallas? I'm being serious, this is mind blowing to this Eastern European.

Sadly yes. Last night when this was going down, it was confusing police because they didn't know who to go after. Lack of gun control in this country is frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

OlmanRiver posted:

I was given my way for almost 5 years until he asked himself to be an actor. You would deny your kids request?

Yeah I would deny my kids request to let him walk off a cliff too. Lmao talk about having your balls in a vice. Waaaah my wife and her family have me whipped but it is the mean old internets fault that my child's privacy is compromised! Hahahahaha

• Locked thread