Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

syscall girl posted:

Aliens, Terminator, Titanic... basically if James Cameron were Adam Sandler dragging his crew around from project to project because who cares he'd be Rob Schneider.

In this analogy, who is Michael Biehn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bertrand Hustle posted:

In this analogy, who is Michael Biehn?

Jon Lovitz.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Now Jenette Goldstein, she is Allen Covert.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

syscall girl posted:

Aliens, Terminator, Titanic... basically if James Cameron were Adam Sandler dragging his crew around from project to project because who cares he'd be Rob Schneider.

I've seen Aliens and Terminator but I don't remember his face. I guess there were a bunch of more charismatic actors in those.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've seen Aliens and Terminator but I don't remember his face. I guess there were a bunch of more charismatic actors in those.

He played Kyle Reece, and Hicks :ssh:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Iron Crowned posted:

He played Kyle Reece, and Hicks :ssh:

We're actually talking about Bill Paxton :ssh:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:psyduck:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Memento posted:

We're actually talking about Bill Paxton :ssh:

Bill Paxton wasn't in Terminator though

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Iron Crowned posted:

Bill Paxton wasn't in Terminator though

Look at you. Look at you there being wrong.

(Blue hair)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Memento posted:

(Blue hair)

:vince:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Memento posted:

(Blue hair)

Jenette Goldstein is also in T2, Aliens, and Titanic (as well as some stuff that isn't directed by James Cameron, but that's hardly germane to the conversation).

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Bill Paxton has one of those faces that is just so ordinary and average and there's no feature that particularly stands out so it's really easy to see him in something and then later not remember

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

Bill Paxton has one of those faces that is just so ordinary and average and there's no feature that particularly stands out so it's really easy to see him in something and then later not remember

In some of the more recent pictures the lower part of his face looks like it's a transplant.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

sweeperbravo posted:

His voice stands out to me.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

syscall girl posted:

gameoverman.wav

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Bill Paxton and Lance Henriksen are the only actors to have been killed by an alien, a predator and a terminator.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bishop survived his attack by a xenomorph. He died in a shuttle crash. He then was resurrected killed a second time by Ripley.

:goonsay:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rydiafan posted:

Bishop survived his attack by a xenomorph. He died in a shuttle crash. He then was resurrected killed a second time by Ripley.

:goonsay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pp-PZISrow

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Jerry Cotton posted:

I had to BIS Bill Paxton and I still don't know who he is.

This guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHg6S4AYlb4

And he plays the smug prick like he did in Terminator even in roles where he's supposed to be sympathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlioOte_dgg

Maybe it's just the way he talks, it's like he's trying to sound like Jack Nicholson.

syscall girl posted:

That.

On preview: mostly beaten, but I have videos.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Ron Pearlman always looked like a more primal Wil Ferrel to me.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Maybe Will Ferrell is a domesticated Ron Perlman?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Also the drummer from Red Hot Chili Peppers

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This is Bob Arctor reminding you to always spay or neuter your Perlmans

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ron Perlman is a fantastic actor, because he can emote through three layers of latex and heavy makeup. See also: Doug Jones.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
He's amazing as the lich.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It was kind of a low ball (Stephen King villain) but Collie *heh* Entragian was a dece Perlman performance in Desperation.

If cop Ron Perlman comes rapping on the window of your car with his Maglite 8D be afraid.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He's huge! Even his chin is half as large as that of a normal man.

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?
Maybe a reverse-thing-you-just-figured-out:

A coworker used the phrase a squeaky wheel gets the grease to indicate that another coworker who complains a lot (the squeaky wheel) would be fired first (a bad thing).

That was puzzling to me because I always thought that the phrase 'a squeaky wheel gets the grease' means a good thing would happen to the wheel. I mean, grease is a good thing when you're a wheel, right?

Now I have no idea what the phrase is trying to say!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rexim posted:

A coworker used the phrase a squeaky wheel gets the grease to indicate that another coworker who complains a lot (the squeaky wheel) would be fired first (a bad thing).

That was puzzling to me because I always thought that the phrase 'a squeaky wheel gets the grease' means a good thing would happen to the wheel. I mean, grease is a good thing when you're a wheel, right?

You're mostly right. The phrase means that if you complain the most, you'll get the best treatment.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Rexim posted:

You had it right, your coworker had it wrong. It means that people who complain usually get their way.

^^:argh:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
Not something I just figured out, but I usually have to remind myself that the guy who created Ren and Stimpy and the guy who directed Cool World/Fritz the Cat/the animated Lord of the Rings aren't the same person.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzI2SYpZSgI

e: ooo found a full one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoE7B0Jf_eQ

KoRMaK has a new favorite as of 04:44 on Jul 11, 2016

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kumaton posted:

Not something I just figured out, but I usually have to remind myself that the guy who created Ren and Stimpy and the guy who directed Cool World/Fritz the Cat/the animated Lord of the Rings aren't the same person.

Who even saw Cool World?

That said John K is cool as heck

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

syscall girl posted:

Who even saw Cool World?

John K, though he did a lot of cool stuff way back when, is a weird homophobic animation-grognard. Although I can imagine that he's be a weirdo, and an absolute nightmare to work with, and basically all the troubles that his productions have experienced can be chalked up to that, I respect Bakshi's integrity as an artist, and also not being a shithead.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lamprey Cannon posted:

John K, though he did a lot of cool stuff way back when, is a weird homophobic animation-grognard. Although I can imagine that he's be a weirdo, and an absolute nightmare to work with, and basically all the troubles that his productions have experienced can be chalked up to that, I respect Bakshi's integrity as an artist, and also not being a shithead.

I watched a cartoon directed by him on Youtube yesterday and I was so loving bored because it was 3 minutes of things and 17 minutes of repeating blinking and drooling. I guess it was funny and novel in 1734 or whenever he was still relevant.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

syscall girl posted:

Who even saw Cool World?

Cool World was pretty good! And it had a song by David Bowie!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

I watched a cartoon directed by him on Youtube yesterday and I was so loving bored because it was 3 minutes of things and 17 minutes of repeating blinking and drooling. I guess it was funny and novel in 1734 or whenever he was still relevant.

Bakshi or Kricfalusi? Because neither are relevant now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Bakshi or Kricfalusi? Because neither are relevant now.

Bakshi is well-known for his repeated blinking cartoons, yes.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Rexim posted:

"The squeaky wheel..." is a double-edged sword. The first time you complain, you get praise. The second time, you get resources. The third time, your boss starts getting irritated that you never fix anything, you only complain. The fourth time, you're out on your rear end.

I always call it "Bosses ear syndrome" . Once a certain sort of person gets attention, they never stop complaining. They start chasing the dragon's tail and they always end up poo poo-canned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Squeaky wheel gets the grease but the nail gets hammered back in/buzzing bug gets squashed.