Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
^^^
Is there any site that shows a dumb down version of PC stats with the pretty colors and everything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
18 in a row in soccer... again... can't get to 20 FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Pennywise the Frown posted:

^^^
Is there any site that shows a dumb down version of PC stats with the pretty colors and everything?

top row on wotlabs? wotstats? you dont have to be a scientist to understand either of those sites tbh

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Szcwczuk posted:

Is Russian bias a real thing or just some joke? I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to this game.
Its an excuse for bad pubbies to tell themselves that its not them that are bad, but those evil "Russian" developers who are keeping them down. Not to mention that the only good Soviet tanks at tier 10 are the mediums. The British and Americans dominate in the heavy tank, artillery, and tank destroyer categories.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mr.48 posted:

Its an excuse for bad pubbies to tell themselves that its not them that are bad, but those evil "Russian" developers who are keeping them down. Not to mention that the only good Soviet tanks at tier 10 are the mediums. The British and Americans dominate in the heavy tank, artillery, and tank destroyer categories.

What? That isn't true - the American tier ten arti is the second worst just ahead of the Bat 155 58! I mean yeah the US tier nine arti is better than all the tier ten arti but that's still obviously russian bias.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Russian bias may be some old joke from years ago, but I don't think anyone is going to argue with recommending the Russian heavy or medium lines.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Well good thing I have mostly Russian tanks I guess.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This weekend's event: 50% off garage slots.

:wow: Thanks for giving us a reason to play WarGaming!

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

McGavin posted:

:wow: Thanks for giving us a reason to play WarGaming!

WG has been giving you reasons to quit for more than five years now. Save your sanity bro

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

top row on wotlabs? wotstats? you dont have to be a scientist to understand either of those sites tbh

Neat. Never used those before. Thx.

cool, it even shows clan stats.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Meanwhile World of Warships is just giving free premiums to people and pouring delicious premium consumables down their throats.

Low-tier premiums, yes, but still. Ones not in the shop anymore either.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Redeye Flight posted:

Meanwhile World of Warships is just giving free premiums to people and pouring delicious premium consumables down their throats.

And when it comes to consumables, these free premium repair parties are nice. Granted, you can get them with credits too, but nice to cut the bill (every ship should be running the premium repair party because of the reduced cooldown time).

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Redeye Flight posted:

WoT gives away premiums not in the shop all the time! Those premiums are just the T1E6 and not in the shop because it's trash.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ensign Expendable posted:

WoT gives away premiums not in the shop all the time! Those premiums are just the T1E6 and not in the shop because it's trash.

Or rentals. They give away rentals.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Which premium are they giving out and do I have to do something to get it? I don't care if it's trash, I just want more shiny botes

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Nordick posted:

Which premium are they giving out and do I have to do something to get it? I don't care if it's trash, I just want more shiny botes

The mikasa, you have till august 8th to get like 120 kills. Tier 4+ ships only iirc.

FYI, the mikasa pretty much sucks. The only thing it holds in unique is that it is a tier 2 battleship (battleships are tier 3+ otherwise).

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

The Mikasa is a pre-dreadnought, so compared to pretty much every other battleship that isn't named Kawachi it's greatly outclassed. However, it shows up BEFORE any other battleship, meaning that its competition is all the pre-split cruisers in T2 and T3, and the occasional very early battleship. So compared to those it has exceptional armor and health.

It's honestly kind of more of a prestige ship to have, because the Mikasa is on par with the Yamato for fame in terms of Japanese warships, but it's goddamn pretty and it's not resoundingly worthless, either.

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

Add me so we can do tank stuff but nothing gay. We can ride around and rub our barrels together. IGN: snozzlebert

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

If only clan avatars were allowed to be animated, so we could make ours just straight up :sissies:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well, the current pink Iron cross/artist formerly known as Prince symbol is pretty badass.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NDP's crying Lenin is still the best. I tell anyone who asks that it's Jack Layton though. :canada:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
So along with sandbox mode, it would seem that WG is testing poo poo another place as well...namely the console versions. They added a new gamemode, Team Destruction, in October 2015 apparently. What is it? Well, teams generally start in the same places as during a Standard Battle, but there are no cap circles. Basically whichever team kills off the enemy team wins. If the time runs out (15min) before a team is killed off, then whoever has the most tanks left alive wins. If both teams have the same amount of tanks left alive, then whichever team did the most damage wins. gently caress all other modes I say, unfortunately you can't choose to only play Team Destruction. Oh well.

In other news, in the patch a week ago, they added two new maps: Steppes - Sandstorm, and Erlenberg - Blizzard. As implied by the names, they feature sight-reducing weather, that actually does reduce the spotting range of tanks. You have to get a lot closer and it's frigging weird to not be able to see more than a few hundred meters into that crap. Recorded a sandstorm battle for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVUYv0UqqCk (Please ignore how I gently caress up and bumble about in my stock Ru 251 and somehow get top exp on team anyway.)

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Valle posted:

So along with sandbox mode, it would seem that WG is testing poo poo another place as well...namely the console versions. They added a new gamemode, Team Destruction, in October 2015 apparently. What is it? Well, teams generally start in the same places as during a Standard Battle, but there are no cap circles. Basically whichever team kills off the enemy team wins. If the time runs out (15min) before a team is killed off, then whoever has the most tanks left alive wins. If both teams have the same amount of tanks left alive, then whichever team did the most damage wins. gently caress all other modes I say, unfortunately you can't choose to only play Team Destruction. Oh well.

In other news, in the patch a week ago, they added two new maps: Steppes - Sandstorm, and Erlenberg - Blizzard. As implied by the names, they feature sight-reducing weather, that actually does reduce the spotting range of tanks. You have to get a lot closer and it's frigging weird to not be able to see more than a few hundred meters into that crap. Recorded a sandstorm battle for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVUYv0UqqCk (Please ignore how I gently caress up and bumble about in my stock Ru 251 and somehow get top exp on team anyway.)

Hah, wow. Tanks is getting what tier 7+ already experience in WoWS. In WoWS, it is a typhoon. It does nasty stuff since visibility drops to 8km. This wouldn't be bad, but outside some destroyers, everyone is going to spot each other at the same time.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

It's like I forgot how to play this game. My WN8 for the past 24 hours is....55. My last game in the M103 about sums it up. Every single shot I got hit with penned, I fired 6 shots, no penetrations. Dead with 0 damage done. :(

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
That sandstorm mode looks cool. I notice there were no view/draw range circles on the mini-map. I wonder if those would be adjusted for weather.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I think I am going to need a tier 10 heavy other than the T57 If I am going to complete the missions where I need to block double my hp in damage. I have both the IS-7 and T110E5 unlocked. Which should I get for HT-12 and HT-15? I'm on the T28 campaign.

Or, I could get the Jg Pz E 100 to help me finish TD-15, but I kind of think I should be able to do that one in the Jagtiger.

Seems pretty hosed up that HT-15 requires 8000 damage and TD-15 only requires 4000 damage. I guess TD-15 has the added requirement of 2 kills, but still seems lopsided.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NotWearingPants posted:

I think I am going to need a tier 10 heavy other than the T57 If I am going to complete the missions where I need to block double my hp in damage. I have both the IS-7 and T110E5 unlocked. Which should I get for HT-12 and HT-15? I'm on the T28 campaign.

Get a VK4502B.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
[quote="Ensign Expendable" post="461708358"]
Post war StuGgin'

Queue:
Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3
M3 Stuart
M3 Stuart in the USSR

:britain:
17-pdr
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
T-60
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2 NEW

:godwin:
PzIII Ausf. A
Renault R35 in German service NEW

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Hellsau posted:

What? That isn't true - the American tier ten arti is the second worst just ahead of the Bat 155 58! I mean yeah the US tier nine arti is better than all the tier ten arti but that's still obviously russian bias.

Thats the point, the Americans get the best tier 10 arty at tier 9.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Please and thank you. The IS-3 articles were rather interesting.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Gervasius posted:

Get a VK4502B.

Is that less horrible to play now? I certainly never played it one someone else's account years ago, but if I had it would have been one of the most unbearable pieces of poo poo in the game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mr.48 posted:

Thats the point, the Americans get the best tier 10 arty at tier 9.

And yet that won't help you on the Sandbox, which is only tier 10s, or if you wanted to get module kills while rigging in Steel Hunt Rampage mode, since it only allowed tier 10s. I mean, I assume, we definitely never rigged Rampage mode.

Definitely helps get more XP though, which is sweet if you want to win a fancy tanks during a contest. I mean I know Exia loves his 59-Patton that he got for free by getting a high XP game in the M53/M55, it's one of his favorite premium tanks.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is that less horrible to play now? I certainly never played it one someone else's account years ago, but if I had it would have been one of the most unbearable pieces of poo poo in the game.

Sharing accounts is openly allowed by WGA, sharing them in tournaments and clan league is frowned upon but unpunished, doing it while on a WGLNA team will cause a poo poo show. Same with owning multiple accounts - if it becomes a problem, you'll be banned, but as long as you're not spamming scam gold websites or evading a ban on a separate account, WGA doesn't care. Get yourself a T95E2.

They buffed the T95E2 in the last patch, right? Is it still unplayably bad?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Man, tiers 3-4 are absolute poo poo on NA, even more so than years ago. The player population is low, even during weekend afternoons so you're always bottom tier, especially with 3s where you're frequently the only tier 3 in a tier 5 match.

It's pretty obvious that this game will die at this state since new players will not survive that stupid grind to tier 5. And even tier 5s kind of sucks right now since there's no one playing tier 4 so you can never really be top tier anymore.

Low tiers really have to be made more relevant or just rebalance them so tier 4s can put up a good fight against 5s and then put tiers 1-3 in some special playpen where only new players can access and just let older players skip those tiers when a new line appears.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

How about they loving move to +1/-1 or +-0 matchmaking already so they can loving balance the tanks against each other, rather than a competent player in a Matilda in a tier 4 match or a KV-1S/T67 in a tier 5 match dealing 80% of their team's damage and easily winning the game because those tanks are substantially better than everything everyone else is grinding through? Also people would be able to enjoy themselves instead of spending 30 minutes dying to tanks two tiers higher than themselves. Seriously, I'm pretty goddamn good and I platoon with good players, and it's such a loving slog trying to kill tier 10s with your tier 8s in a coordinated group with smart play. If you're bad, or just learning, how the gently caress are you supposed to do loving anything against tanks that will demolish you? What the hell is an M3 Lee supposed to do against a tier 6 that can't be penned by the Lee, can't really miss the Lee, and kills the Lee in 1.2 shots?

Would anyone be against +1/-1 matchmaking? Would anyone be against +-0 matchmaking, assuming the playerbase is large enough to handle it and the tanks were balanced within their tiers? Does anyone prefer the lottery where you win 5% of the time and absolutely smash your opposition because you were the one tier nine in an E75, your opposing tier 9 was a bot, and there's 26 tier 7s in the match, but if you lose the lottery 50% of the time you get to play keepaway from the tanks that will crush you, and 45% of the time you can't do anything unless you're a miracle worker? I sure as gently caress don't. I don't enjoy the games where I smash the enemy. I don't enjoy the games where my team gets smashed and there's nothing I can do. That's not fun for me.

Anyway there are many ways to fix the game, such as making tanks closer in power level to each other, or increasing maximum match size above 30, but making matchmaker prefer to combine 30ish of the same tier into the same match if that works for it, but everything is hosed. The Sandbox is a disaster which cannot work as it's currently done, and even if they overhaul it it'll still take half a year just to balance the tier 10s alone (seriously an iteration every 1.5 to 2 weeks is unacceptable) so enjoy the game if you enjoy it, and don't ever believe Wargaming when they say they're improving the game. They're making it worse because they don't understand how to make an enjoyable game, and as far as I can tell pubbies would rather suffer and Wargaming are correctly targeting those players to extract as much money from them as possible. Let's increase the cost of gold ammo and then reduce accuracy! Trust us, that'll hurt the good players much more than you bad players!

gently caress

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Would anyone be against +1/-1 matchmaking? Would anyone be against +-0 matchmaking, assuming the playerbase is large enough to handle it and the tanks were balanced within their tiers?

Saw a thread about this very thing on the console forums. There were actually several people in favour of keeping +2/-2 because they "liked the challenge". I looked them up and the best of them were slightly above average. It makes no loving sense because you'd think these people are challenged enough by just playing the game and not driving off cliffs and poo poo. But no, they "like the challenge" of being bottom tier. Where they do even worse than when they're top tiered. I don't loving get it.

Hellsau posted:

and don't ever believe Wargaming when they say they're improving the game. They're making it worse because they don't understand how to make an enjoyable game, and as far as I can tell pubbies would rather suffer and Wargaming are correctly targeting those players to extract as much money from them as possible. Let's increase the cost of gold ammo and then reduce accuracy! Trust us, that'll hurt the good players much more than you bad players!

You have to remember that the huge majority of the playerbase are pretty loving bad. Any decision made to "improve" the game will be made with these people in mind, because...well, they're the loving majority, aren't they?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
If wargaming knew how to make a good game they wouldn't have made WoWP as it was. They got really lucky with WoT, so lucky that the other two tanks games killed themselves even without WoT improving at all.

Seriously, the beginning of 2014 through to the end of 2015 saw no real substantial changes to WoT and comparatively few new trees - and half the trees that were added were terrible ideas. Also like 2/3 of the maps from that time period were just removed with the ones that remain still being awful. We had a 2+ year slowdown on new content for HD models and physics, both of which were late by over a year and neither of which had any impact on the gameplay until handbrake turns were implemented, and even that is pretty minor.

We had historical battles, which were completely predictably dead in a week. Strongholds were the best new thing, I guess, but that didn't impact the majority of the players and didn't change the gameplay in any way. They killed clan wars completely.

Hellsau posted:

How about they loving move to +1/-1 or +-0 matchmaking already so they can loving balance the tanks against each other

It's not loving possible for them to balance the game with +-2 MM. It's just not. Armour vs speed/guns/anything else just scales too differently. If a Cromwell and a Churchill VII are balanced at t6 then in t8 matches the Churchill VII will be far worse off than the Cromwell. Armour is made completely irrelevant by matchmaking but tanks with good mobility, camo, or guns are punished much less.

Also another point they'll never budge on that makes balancing impossible: premium rounds. Once again "armour tanks" get poo poo on because premium rounds nullify the advantage of tanks with armour but do nothing against tanks with speed/guns/etc. The sandbox is looking to balance tanks in-tier without premium rounds, which is utter loving nonsense.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Desuwa posted:

Seriously, the beginning of 2014 through to the end of 2015 saw no real substantial changes to WoT and comparatively few new trees - and half the trees that were added were terrible ideas.

Didn't they start 2014 by telling us that this year we'd get very few new tanks, as this would be the year of rebalance? And then they pretty much didn't rebalance poo poo the entire year.

Desuwa posted:

The sandbox is looking to balance tanks in-tier without premium rounds, which is utter loving nonsense.

Unless they're looking to remove premium rounds, which is what they SHOULD have done back when they made them available for credits.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

+1/-1 MM would be such a drastic improvement to this game it's pretty shocking they haven't instituted it. It certainly wouldn't fix everything but it would go a very long way.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Axetrain posted:

+1/-1 MM would be such a drastic improvement to this game it's pretty shocking they haven't instituted it. It certainly wouldn't fix everything but it would go a very long way.

It would stop people buying gold because good luck penning an E5 with any T8 from the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is assault good nowadays? can i finally tick the box that i clicked off years ago?