Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the 9/11 perpetrators weren't specifically targeting law enforcement with the planes.

It was still a huge death toll for police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Giuliani is a massive piece of poo poo. He's on MSNBC right now saying that the governor of Minnesota was wrong to say Castile would be alive now if he was white, among other stupid things. Admittedly though, it's impressive that his 9/11 Tourette hasn't kicked in once in this appearance.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 8, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Holy loving poo poo.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

RuanGacho posted:

Thankfully, outside of ill advised national guard deployments we have historically kept the line clear.

The difference is the cops should never be thinking of themselves as anything but civilians with an increased risk of being the target of violence and the military should never act on as law enforcement on US soil.

Do you think Kennedy's deputizing of the 101st Airborne as US Marshalls to enforce desegregation was ill advised?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Some loving people, goddammit.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sephyr posted:

You can make your prison Helms Deep crossed with Alcatraz. Won't help if you can bribe the staff, or threaten their families with horrible fates, into facilitating an escape.

Roboguards.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

can someone please let twitter know that their "trim the hell out of the top and bottom of pictures" thing is really, really stupid

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/trump-barred-speaking-nypd-officers-article-1.2704476?cid=bitly

quote:

The Donald got nixed.

On Friday morning Donald Trump begged the city's top cop to let him speak to a 3 p.m. roll call at the NYPD Midtown North Precinct in the wake of the murders of five Dallas police officers Thursday during a protest over police shooting.

But Police Commissioner Bill Bratton strongly rejected the request.

"Our interest is staying out of the politics of the moment, and not to provide photo ops," he told reporters. "If Mr. Trump wants to speak to me, I would be happy to brief him on what we’re doing. If Sen. Clinton wants to speak to me, I would very happy to brief her on what we’re doing. But we are not in the business of providing photo ops for our candidates.”

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nice. If you ever drive through south Overland Park you'll eventually notice that 80% of the people you see pulled over are minorities even though no minorities live there. Shocked that one of their officers would post something like that.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

ImpAtom posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Internal investigation: He was just joshin. lol get over it!

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Bribe the guy who controls the roboguards

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Isn't overland park where the SA servers are

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Trump is not gonna take this laying down.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Why? Just why?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nichael posted:

Giuliani is a massive piece of poo poo. He's on MSNBC right now saying that the governor of Minnesota was wrong to say Castile would be alive now if he was white, among other stupid things.

I fully believe there are cops who are sufficiently reckless and paranoid to have executed a white guy in the counterfactual situation, so we can't dismiss the possibility that white-Castile would be dead anyway completely out of hand

somehow I doubt that was Giuliani's point though

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Internal investigation: He was just joshin. lol get over it!

Or alternatively: while the post was made on the officer's account and from their computer, there is no evidence the officer posted the post personally, something he denies.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

LGD posted:

I fully believe there are cops who are sufficiently reckless and paranoid to have executed a white guy in the counterfactual situation, so we can't dismiss the possibility that white-Castile would be dead anyway completely out of hand

somehow I doubt that was Giuliani's point though

"The guy would still be dead if he was white, the problem isn't racism but rather that police training creates paranoid monster people" isn't actually something that makes the police look good.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

And this is the sort of thing I was worried about. At least it was caught quickly / he was dumb as gently caress making public threats

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
"Black Lives Matter is Wrong" -> "Black Lives Don't Matter" -> "Kill Black People"

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

theflyingorc posted:

"The guy would still be dead if he was white, the problem isn't racism but rather that police training creates paranoid monster people" isn't actually something that makes the police look good.

It's true though, its just that we are so insanely racist that these poorly trained, out of control cops are executing black men even more than anyone else.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Ah but you see a black man with a big nose had robbed a bank before so the killer officer believed Castile was a bank robber out robbing banks with his wife and kids. So it's really no one's fault.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

well racism is definitely a pretty big part of the problem, but yeah the police actually frequently aren't good

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

The overlap between race and class leads police spending more time in poor/PoC neighborhoods which creates a reinforcing racist cycle in the culture of police. Doubly so that most police don't live in the neighborhoods they work in and you get an other-ing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

#bluelivesmatter vs #alllivesmatter would be a neat argument.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

FAUXTON posted:

If by 'neat' you mean 'terrible' then yes

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.copblock.org/162616/witness-video-shows-dylan-noble/

I guess police also execute white people too. Video contradicts what police claimed at the time of the shooting. Man maybe its just a few police but whatever. The whole thing is broken when police can just shoot someone, anyone and go home at the end of the day.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

FAUXTON posted:

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/751251666410807296

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

This just in. Dallas police told the robot to give the shooter a hug and then activated its self destruct without the robots consent or knowledge.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/breakingpol/status/751479243129909248

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

Whoever wins, more people of color will die.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

God, does he ever shut his flappy gums?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Trabisnikof posted:

Your're going to find the echo chamber is the only approved media if interviewing someone you don't like means the media is "trash."

Naah, outside of a few shows NPR is pretty bad. Their news output is particularly awful.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

RuanGacho posted:

Thankfully, outside of ill advised national guard deployments we have historically kept the line clear.

The difference is the cops should never be thinking of themselves as anything but civilians with an increased risk of being the target of violence and the military should never act on as law enforcement on US soil.

The US Army, by act of Congress, the Posse Comitatus Act, is not allowed to act as law enforcement within the United States of America. This sounds good until you realize that it was passed to stop the Union Army from enforcing reconstruction in the south. Once Federal troops were removed Jim Crow really went into full swing.

That said that situation was literally the Army occupying the remains of a foreign country. Having the current law enforcement think of themselves as a military organization and everyone else as civilians means that essentially every city in America is under military occupation.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

This is the same guy who made the "reap what you sow" comment after the Orlando shooting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha gently caress yeah

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Reason posted:

http://www.copblock.org/162616/witness-video-shows-dylan-noble/

I guess police also execute white people too. Video contradicts what police claimed at the time of the shooting. Man maybe its just a few police but whatever. The whole thing is broken when police can just shoot someone, anyone and go home at the end of the day.

That guy sure was laying on the ground while they pumped several more bullets into him over what felt like an extremely long amount of time.

:fuckoff:

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Trabisnikof posted:

Do you think Kennedy's deputizing of the 101st Airborne as US Marshalls to enforce desegregation was ill advised?

No, but less than ideal. It could be argued to be some of the root of modern acceptance of military grade force being ok on US soil.

If we're going to have any quasi military force I want it part of the federal government and no lower governments outside of state national guards because it is a moral imperative in my mind that use community police methods instead of embracing war ideology in domestic matters.

Its an appropriate step that he made them US Marshals, which is a civilian designation, but as I said less than ideal.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Zerilan posted:

This is the same guy who made the "reap what you sow" comment after the Orlando shooting.

people named "Dan Patrick" are genetically predisposed towards hot takes

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

weird, do not know why that double posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

zoux posted:

Haha gently caress yeah

Cop on the left's face says it all

• Locked thread