Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

"Please, take the picture, I'm about to fall on my face."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I really love this because the fox is going "You better not keep that one, I look ridiculous."

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Foxeses

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I want to pet every single one of those foxes.

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards
They look like candy corn :ohdear:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

"You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker."

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Alter Ego posted:

"You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker."

There's no Pokeball, if the last two days have taught me anything, it's that there should be a a Pokeball there.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

http://blog.cincinnatizoo.org/2016/07/08/slumber-party-at-the-zoo-with-a-cheetah-cub-a-puppy-and-a-trainer/

The URL says it all.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/Animal_Vibes/status/751532061459091459

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

melon party

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o9x2ylcbXH1v8g03p_720.mp4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That is the most precious little snake I've ever seen in my entire life

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love how its cheeks puff up while drinking water.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

This is like a weird ASMR video. The S in this case stands for snake.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

oh my effing god do I want a teeny tiny snek now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5q1Pzod1I&t=4s

:3:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

What kind of slinky is that? How old is it?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Intellectually I am aware that there are people who don't like snakes, but I really can't understand how people don't think snakes are adorable. :kimchi:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
There used to be a woman at some of the smaller Renaissance fairs who had a huge boa named Mona. This lady always wore low-hanging clothes, she'd get a massive sunburn, and Mona would lie on her breasts, soaking up all that lovely UV. Even my mother, who was terrified of snakes, brought herself to pet Mona. She was so scared, yet Mona stayed perfectly still, never even flicking her tongue. After a second they parted. For that moment, it was stunning to see how such a reptile could read a human and respond properly.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
http://i.imgur.com/yfZ4vpl.gifv

Hell yeah screw your vegetables.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Foxhound posted:

http://i.imgur.com/yfZ4vpl.gifv

Hell yeah screw your vegetables.

Please don't post gore here, this is simply too brutal

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Khazar-khum posted:

What kind of slinky is that? How old is it?

looks like a lil hognose, they don't get very big :kimchi:
the chubby lil cheeks oh my gosh

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hognose snakes make good pets because they are comically harmless. They are venomous, a little bit, but their venom does absolutely nothing to humans. Even then, they're the kind of snake that has the fangs at the back of the mouth instead of in front, so any part of a human is probably too big for it to even get its mouth around.

Since they are so tiny, a hognose snake's main form of defense when it's frightened is not to bite you as per most snakes, but to flop over on its back and play dead until you go away. However, they are also not incredibly smart, so if a hognose snake is playing dead and you flip it back over, it'll go right back to being on its back and continue playing dead as if it thinks you didn't see it just blow its own cover. They're pretty great.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Hognose snakes make good pets because they are comically harmless. They are venomous, a little bit, but their venom does absolutely nothing to humans. Even then, they're the kind of snake that has the fangs at the back of the mouth instead of in front, so any part of a human is probably too big for it to even get its mouth around.

Since they are so tiny, a hognose snake's main form of defense when it's frightened is not to bite you as per most snakes, but to flop over on its back and play dead until you go away. However, they are also not incredibly smart, so if a hognose snake is playing dead and you flip it back over, it'll go right back to being on its back and continue playing dead as if it thinks you didn't see it just blow its own cover. They're pretty great.

Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqjW4VM1xdE

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Fun fact. They've learned that snakes are effectively a kind of lizard, phyletically speaking. Like, rather than the squamates branching off into a lizard path and a snake path, it branched into several lizard paths, one of which includes the snakes. To put it another way, iguanas and bearded dragons are more closely related to snakes than they are to geckos.

They first figured this out by looking at venom glands in lizards. Part of the reason they were so sure that they weren't that closely related is because all lizards that have poison glands have them in the lower jaws, while snakes have them in the upper jaws. Except when they looked at bearded dragons, they had glands in both jaws (though their venom is incredibly mild and has no effect on humans). Looking over the evolutionary record, it looks like an ancestor developed glands like the beardies, but then most descendants lost one set; the snakes in the lower jaw, the lizards in the upper. Genetic testing confirmed it. They've proposed a clade called toxicofera for them, though the name may change.

So next time you see a snek and an iguana, know that they're cousins.

Next time, we'll discuss how crocodilians are more closely related to birds than other reptiles.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This made me realize I have never seen a snake drinking before

It's amazing

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

I kind of expected it to inflate like one of those clown balloons.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Flipperwaldt posted:

You do definitely not need Flash. You need Firefox 45 and up (because something broke it in previous versions) and you need Firefox' Tracking Protection disabled for the forums (because that blocks the Twitter image host). If you're using something else that blocks cross site requests and scripts, like uMatrix, Policeman, Ghostery, Noscript or whatever, then those might also need to have permissions set up to allow the Twitter embeds to work properly.

I finally managed to track it down using your post as a starting point. Thanks.

For some reason I had set "media.mediasource.mp4.enabled" to false in about :config. Setting it back to default has fixed everything - well until I rediscover what was broken in the first place. But that's a problem for tomorrow.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Emergency phone posting because something on this page is consistently crashing chrome. That's not all that cute.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a kitten posted:

Emergency phone posting because something on this page is consistently crashing chrome. That's not all that cute.

Maybe the webm of the snake drinking water?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

a kitten posted:

Crashes for me as well, but after two refreshes it's stable.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

It's happening to me and I'm pretty sure it's the snake drinking (which is also hotlinked from Tumblr at that)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No crashes on chrome here. :shrug:

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

I've been chewed on by a hognose and my hand swelled up quiiittee a lot so that's not entirely accurate, otherwise yeah! Usually they just throw on giant dramatic tantrums (unless you're like me and smell like mice I guess, lol).

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/Amsterdam2016/status/751505822773948416

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/FcqT5oH.mp4

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

CJacobs posted:

No crashes on chrome here. :shrug:

Likewise. On PC though so may be a mobile thing?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

me about 80% of my attempts to load this page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

NLJP posted:

Likewise. On PC though so may be a mobile thing?

Nah it was doing it on my pc but I am fine on mobile. idgi.