Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

Why would a clown seal become the Little Mermaid? Or a cat known for calm become a huge wrestler?

The Owl Ranger is the only one that looks thematic.

Popplio is a sea lion, if you've ever seen a sea lion show at a zoo you know they move through the water just as elegantly and fluidly as a mermaid. It's totally thematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ometeotl posted:

Take this with the small grain of salt you can imagine...or the largest? I'm not sure which way corresponds to the most doubt, but whatever. Apparently Salandit was first mentioned on a leak list from China of new pokemon, and now that Salandit has been officially revealed, people are willing to give the leak a glance.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244221

The main posts are on Smogon, but this is better as an info hub than the constantly posted in Smogon thread.

Anyway, it's almost assuredly fake (no gyms? Doubtful), but just in case.

I hope these are wrong, because then the 3rd form for litlen would be kinda lame, while the 3rd form for rowlet would be super cool.

I kinda prefer litlen overall, so cute. But I don't want a wrestler kitty. I just want a fire kitty. Owl sniper is cool as gently caress though. So then I'd be stuck picking the one I prefer in the first / second form or the one I prefer at the end. That's a tough call.

Poplio's third also looks bad but poplio is bad so I don't care.

Waffles Inc. posted:

Yeah if that's really Rowlett's final form that would be incredible. I'll be really disappointed about Litten tho

Geostomp posted:

Why would a clown seal become the Little Mermaid? Or a cat known for calm become a huge wrestler?

I'm with you guys

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 8, 2016

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

those designs suck, give me evil clown poplio

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm trying to put together a team for the Sinnoh Classic thing and I'm having a hard time. I've never really played any doubles battles before.

I was gunna run Metagross and Togekiss and Salamnce and Weavile but it doesn't seem to be a very good set up so far or I'm just bad. Does anyone have any better ideas?

I was thinking about using Zapdos from the Nintendo thing with static and a rocky helmet

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

quote:

>There will be no gyms.
>Alola region has no leagues. Your main objective is to build a league. After you finish building a league, the Elite 4 will appear. The E4 will be like the owners of each island

Okay I'm all for this, sounds cool. Shake up the formula.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TWIST FIST posted:

those designs suck, give me evil clown popplio

less laughter posted:

These designs are so cool.

Legit some of the best fakemons ever created, hire that artist Game Freak

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Fake Popplio evo still reminds me of some weird side-evo of Gurdurr.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

if he turns into an archer then I'm gonna call him Hanzo and teach him dragon rage

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

less laughter posted:

Legit some of the best fakemons ever created, hire that artist Game Freak

i still hate 'em, that owl is literally a sticklegs "retro" indie game player character

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The White Dragon posted:

i still hate 'em, that owl is literally a sticklegs "retro" indie game player character

The owl is going to kill you in your sleep tonight.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

less laughter posted:

The owl is going to kill you in your sleep tonight.
Ezio Owlditore

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BillmasterCozb posted:

popplio will be already is the best starter

If the rumors are true and Popplio ends up evolving into a water/fairy mermaid that would be amazing.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
a pokemon game without some form of gyms is not a pokemon game

speaking of not a pokemon game they should do a pokemon rangers for the Wii U or 3ds

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If the rumors are true and Popplio ends up evolving into a water/fairy mermaid that would be amazing.

anything but water/fairy is fine with me

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BillmasterCozb posted:

Water/Fairy would be okay but I'd eventually have to drop either it or Sylveon, and I can tell you which one is getting the boot first

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Didn't the hotel from the concept art in the first trailer have a gym logo?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
oh

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

BillmasterCozb posted:

Why not? Any particular reason?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Probably more meant to be a siren because singing is still a form of performance, like circus tricks. I think it fits well enough. Unlike wrestler cat.

But their potential final forms from what is likely a fake leak don't matter because

BillmasterCozb posted:

popplio will be already is the best starter

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Probably more meant to be a siren because singing is still a form of performance, like circus tricks. I think it fits well enough. Unlike wrestler cat.

:colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Strongman is still better but I don't think Siren is like bad or anything. I wish monster clown was real. :(

(But Popplio is still the best anyway)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zore posted:

the trick is its a wrestler but fire/dark because american wrestling is fake.

boom

Japanese wrestling is even faker and features things like a ladder and a blowup doll winning championship belts.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Improbable Lobster posted:

Japanese wrestling is even faker and features things like a ladder and a blowup doll winning championship belts.

Theres was also a large portion of Japanese wrestling that was less fake and involved people dropping each other on their heads unprotected for years...

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

BillmasterCozb posted:

yeah, no pokemon could ever take regigigas' spot

I'm gratified to know I'm not the only gigas fan. He'll have his day eventually. A day where is start will be slow no more.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Geostomp posted:

Why not? Any particular reason?

honestly? Im just not a fan of fairy beating both dark AND fighting

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Fairy should be weak to dark.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Fairy should be weak to Normal and Normal should resist it.

That or replace Normal with Ice in the above sentence.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Buff Ice and Bug and then make an Ice/Bug pocket monster

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Elfgames posted:

Fairy should be weak to dark.

No thanks.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Ice should at least resist normal and dragon and then bam it's a good type

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
a staryu ambushed me outside of my house. i just wanted to go home, staryu

now i'm dead.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Fairy should be removed, roll back the type chart to gen 5

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Fairy has been a part of Pokémon since Gen 2*.

*As an egg group.

But seriously, I find it funny how Fairy specifically counters Pokémon types that are supposed to be filled with badass Pokémon. Although I don't know why it was given a resistance to Bug though...

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Eliminate fairy type? Make it resistant to Dark? JFC, stay the hell away from anything where you would have decision making power, you guys.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Eliminate fairy type? Make it resistant to Dark? JFC, stay the hell away from anything where you would have decision making power, you guys.

I mean, if it beats fighting and dark, then whatever, I just don't really understand why it beats fighting

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Remember when people in this thread spent pages talking about how Grass was an awful defensive typing and needed to be buffed?

BillmasterCozb posted:

I mean, if it beats fighting and dark, then whatever, I just don't really understand why it beats fighting

Because the developers decided it did because fighting type had 2 weaknesses, one of which was a very lovely attacking type. Don't try and make sense out of pokemon weaknesses because almost all of them are nonsensical if you think about it for half a second. (Looking at you, all of ground type's weaknesses).

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Remember when people in this thread spent pages talking about how Grass was an awful defensive typing and needed to be buffed?

Because the developers decided it did because fighting type had 2 weaknesses, one of which was a very lovely attacking type. Don't try and make sense out of pokemon weaknesses because almost all of them are nonsensical if you think about it for half a second. (Looking at you, all of ground type's weaknesses).

Ground type has completely sensical weaknesses though?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ground's weaknesses make some of the most sense out of anything though?? what??

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The ground gets turned into mud by water. :colbert:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Geez, you're right about the ground part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bogart posted:

The ground gets turned into mud by water. :colbert:

Mud is still ground though. Even the game shows that with attack names.

Grass grows on the ground, but that doesn't really hurt it. Animals walk on the ground, why aren't normal types strong against against it.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 9, 2016

• Locked thread