Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The lack of convention schedule has me greatly anticipating a PBS telethon style combination of dead air and promises that regular programming will resume soon if you Pledge Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pook Good Mook posted:

He's wrong w/r/t semi-auto rifles. The Supreme Court has never ruled on the constitutionality of bans on semi-auto long guns, only on bolt-action rifles (90 years ago) and the possession of hand-guns for the purposes of self-defense.

That's it.

Get rid of the 2nd anyway. It has no purpose today, whatever reasons it had for existing in the first place.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Will there ever be a time in which Republicans win major voting blocks like Hispanic, Black, White College agedWomen?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CheesyDog posted:

The lack of convention schedule has me greatly anticipating a PBS telethon style combination of dead air and promises that regular programming will resume soon if you Pledge Now.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Will there ever be a time in which Republicans win major voting blocks like Hispanic, Black, White College agedWomen?

Yeah, the American Constitution is set up in such a way that it's basically impossible for there to be any number of legitimate parties other than 2 in the long run so at some point the Republican party will warp itself into being successful with a group other than old white guys

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Any path to that starts with evicting the Evangelicals from the party, which I guess Trump might be a good step towards, but Zodiac will probably bring them right back in in 2020.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
There's a distinct lack of Trumpists in the thread lately, other than Boosted retreating to only commenting on guns. I want to hear NML mk-x's thoughts on Black Lives Matter and their irresponsibility in saying mean things about police.

Edit: and Oiled and Ready can't stay on topic :mad:

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

GreyjoyBastard posted:

There's a distinct lack of Trumpists in the thread lately, other than Boosted retreating to only commenting on guns. I want to hear NML mk-x's thoughts on Black Lives Matter and their irresponsibility in saying mean things about police.

Edit: and Oiled and Ready can't stay on topic :mad:

it happened overnight. obviously the best way to avoid getting shot by police is to stay out of trouble.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

You guys should keep a curated selection of right wing people on your social media feeds like I do

(of course it means that I can't do things like respond to #BlueLivesMatter with #AllLivesMatter without giving up the ghost)

((not that I would right now because it would be tasteless and not emphasize the message I'm trying to send))

(((ed balls)))

Complete misuse of the tea lizard.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
re: gunchat I just think it's time for some people who are obviously otherwise intelligent and well-spoken to face the fact that people are pretty upset and in no real mood for splitting hairs on terminology. I don't care if we're calling them assault weapons or whatever, the point is that insane people need to stop being able to easily access high-capacity semi-auto firearms and gun show loopholes need to be closed. I can't really think of any other subject where the national mood is so tonally different from the conservative party line.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Convention coverage will just revolve between these totes, the cameras finally turning to cover the dwindling crowd, and the Cleveland police force lighting up any one who puts their hands near their waist.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Question: will Trump Steaks be available for purchase at the GOP Convention?

+1'd

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Al! posted:

hello new cspam background

So does that refer to the guy who did bath salts and ate another guy's face, or is that too on the nose?

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Fasc man release the sched

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Spun Dog posted:

So does that refer to the guy who did bath salts and ate another guy's face, or is that too on the nose?

Off-topic but the best part of that case is the dude who ate another guy's face didn't have anything but cannabis in his system. He was just crazy and hungry for face I guess.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

Where's the convention lineup Donny?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker who is informally advising Donald J. Trump and being vetted as a possible Republican vice-presidential nominee, said on Friday that whites in America can’t fathom “being black in America.”

Mr. Gingrich made the comments in a Facebook Live chat with the Democratic commentator Van Jones, who is black, after 12 officers were shot in Dallas at a rally protesting the deaths of black men by the police in Louisiana and Minnesota.

“It took me a long time, and a number of people talking to me through the years, to get a sense of this,” Mr. Gingrich said. “If you are a normal, white American, the truth is you don’t understand being black in America and you instinctively underestimate the level of discrimination and the level of additional risk.”

He added there were “everyday” dangers that white people did not face. “It is more dangerous to be black in America,” he said. “It is more dangerous in that they are substantially more likely to end up in a situation where the police don’t respect you and you could easily get killed.”

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Can't we just have Japan style gun regulations where you have to be the best god drat citizen ever and take frequent tests to even own a gun and that you have to store the ammo and gun in separate locked containers as well as give the police a map to where your gun is located in your house, and that the only gun you'll ever get there is a double-barrel shotgun?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MaxNV posted:

Fasc man release the sched

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

Can't we just have Japan style gun regulations where you have to be the best god drat citizen ever and take frequent tests to even own a gun and that you have to store the ammo and gun in separate locked containers as well as give the police a map to where your gun is located in your house, and that the only gun you'll ever get there is a double-barrel shotgun?

You can own weapons BUT you can only own weapons used in Doom IV

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SunAndSpring posted:

and also no shoes in the goddamn house quit tracking mud all over these carpets i just got them steamed, trevor-chan~~!

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Deteriorata posted:

So let's start by repealing the 2nd amendment. Then ban anything that holds more than one round. Bolt-action rifles for hunting only.

Agreed, 2nd amendment worst amendment.

Pook Good Mook posted:

He's wrong w/r/t semi-auto rifles. The Supreme Court has never ruled on the constitutionality of bans on semi-auto long guns, only on bolt-action rifles (90 years ago) and the possession of hand-guns for the purposes of self-defense.

That's it.

This isn't really the place to get into this, but barring some seriously motivated reasoning on the part of the judges, I have no idea how you would get an outright ban of semi-automatic rifles past the combination of Miller and Heller.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
guns

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker who is informally advising Donald J. Trump and being vetted as a possible Republican vice-presidential nominee, said on Friday that whites in America can’t fathom “being black in America.”

Mr. Gingrich made the comments in a Facebook Live chat with the Democratic commentator Van Jones, who is black, after 12 officers were shot in Dallas at a rally protesting the deaths of black men by the police in Louisiana and Minnesota.

“It took me a long time, and a number of people talking to me through the years, to get a sense of this,” Mr. Gingrich said. “If you are a normal, white American, the truth is you don’t understand being black in America and you instinctively underestimate the level of discrimination and the level of additional risk.”

He added there were “everyday” dangers that white people did not face. “It is more dangerous to be black in America,” he said. “It is more dangerous in that they are substantially more likely to end up in a situation where the police don’t respect you and you could easily get killed.”

That kind of talk is going to cost them about 40% of their party.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

how cool is it that the best statement on race from a republican these days also completely and literally denormalizes black people

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

Can't we just have Japan style gun regulations where you have to be the best god drat citizen ever
No because it's a constitutional amendment, and we have to pretend that if you built a time machine and literally spent two minutes explaining and illustrating gun violence to James Madison he wouldn't have poo poo his pants and quickly eaten the Bill of Rights while yelling "REWRITE! REWRITE"

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

america

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

Can't we just have Japan style gun regulations where you have to be the best god drat citizen ever

in america that means 'you must be this rich and white to gun'

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zas posted:

how cool is it that the best statement on race from a republican these days also completely and literally denormalizes black people
Maybe he intended to say "if you're an average white person" but it came out wrong.

Wait...why am I giving Newt Gingrich the benefit of the doubt?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
lmao if you don't think the 21st amendment gives me the right to sling heroin across the street from a middle school. All you activists don't even know the differences in the metabolic pathways between an opiate and an amphetamine! How can I even take you seriously?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zas posted:

Earlier that day he was on Fox and Friends blaming BLM so lets not all start suckin his dick just yet

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Ed Balls for shadow vp

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Shadow Veep Ed "Suck my drat" Balls

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
* Reince Priebus stands in front of his liquor cabinet, holding a bowl of Cheerios *

"Today, I think... Kahlua."

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

zoux posted:

Earlier that day he was on Fox and Friends blaming BLM so lets not all start suckin his dick just yet

how cool is it that the best statement on race from a republican these days was slithered out of only one side of newt's slippery mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

“My argument is the policies that have driven us apart, the policies that have trapped African-Americans in all too large numbers in poverty and in hopelessness [are] the ideological policies that say, ‘Black lives matter.’
Well, baloney! All American lives matter, of all backgrounds. And we ought to challenge the Hillary Clintons and the Bernie Sanderses to say that American lives matter. All American lives.
We’re in the eighth year of a president who could have brought us together, a president who could have worked in the African-American community to make people feel better about themselves, a president who could have offered visionary changes in the policies that have failed for the last 50 years. And he didn’t do any of that.”

So unless he got woke over inter interview brunch, he's just saying what people want to hear

• Locked thread