Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This isn't BuffGuy from a few days ago, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
oh good a caleb interview

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

This isn't BuffGuy from a few days ago, is it?

nope

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
quick, help me, who does caleb's face reminds me of because it reminds me of someone on TV

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dias posted:

quick, help me, who does caleb's face reminds me of because it reminds me of someone on TV

A younger Abraham from Walking Dead?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rirse posted:

A younger Abraham from Walking Dead?

Nerdier, I suppose.

Oh well.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Dias posted:

billy from power rangers?

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007

Dias posted:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I wish the schedule on gamesdonequick.com had a button you could click to like immediately snap down to the closest run in the schedule closest run to your detected time zone

or like show different background coloring on completed speedruns vs upcoming/inprogress ones. Always takes me a minute to figure out were the gently caress to go in it to see what's coming up next.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dear lord chat is going to eat this dude alive :smith:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
That's an unfortunate vocal tic. :(

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

wellp

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I fell asleep, how was Mario block and the other two Megaman games?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
man i wish there weren't blocks of games, i don't care about megaman :<(

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I think gym freak skipped every day

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

slev posted:

I think gym freak skipped every day

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Rorus Raz posted:

Dear lord chat is going to eat this dude alive :smith:

Chat's been absolutely toxic this year, it's actually impressive how much worse the '''''community''''' has devolved

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I'm just waiting for the Mario Maker relay race.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Crain posted:

I'm just waiting for the Mario Maker relay race.

As well your moment of glory. :)

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

It's probably not actually the speedrun watching community, but the people who come in from the Twitch frontpage that are the hyper-toxic parts (mostly.)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I want paper mario and i want the announcer lady with the hot voice this gdq sucks

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

man i wish there weren't blocks of games, i don't care about megaman :<(

Yeah, I think I said earlier in the week that I don't understand why they block things the way they do. Why have hours of almost identical games? Tetris is an alarming freak that only shows we are unworthy of our alien masters. It can handle hours of the same thing happening, other games just don't have the purity of gameplay. They are not of the uberspiel, as it were.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Beasteh posted:

Chat's been absolutely toxic this year, it's actually impressive how much worse the '''''community''''' has devolved

toxic

toxic

TOXIC

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

How can people say this is their favorite DS game when Megaman ZX exist. I remember I absolutely hated this game playing it right after ZX

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sage Grimm posted:

As well your moment of glory. :)

Hey now. I'm legit looking forward to run...as well.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Demicol posted:

How can people say this is their favorite DS game when Megaman ZX exist. I remember I absolutely hated this game playing it right after ZX

ZXA is good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Demicol posted:

advent is better than zx

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
that lisp is sorta adorable

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Demicol posted:

ZX has a Metroid 2 level of terrible open world.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Elliotw2 posted:

ZX has a Metroid 2 level of terrible open world.

at least the map was useful

......................................................wait a second

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Beasteh posted:

chat has been irredeemably racist, sexist, and transphobic since the beginning of time.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Every year there's a trans woman on the couch and even with moderators and autobans they can't stop the stream of toxic sludge

I really don't see the point of chat besides being a way to get stupid kids to donate five bucks for emotes. Well-adjusted people won't use it because it's too populated to hold a conversation, so it's just a vehicle for memes and abuse.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Twitch chat can be used for good but those sorts of situations are really few and far between.

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear

Sage Grimm posted:

Twitch chat can be used for good but those sorts of situations are really few and far between.

The name of that good is "one or two hundred viewers maybe."

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Northan posted:

The name of that good is "one or two viewers maybe."

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I was thinking more along the lines of Twitch Plays Pokemon but yeah, smaller crowds are pretty chill.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Every year there's a trans woman on the couch and even with moderators and autobans they can't stop the stream of toxic sludge

I really don't see the point of chat besides being a way to get stupid kids to donate five bucks for emotes. Well-adjusted people won't use it because it's too populated to hold a conversation, so it's just a vehicle for memes and abuse.

Even the discord, which isn't as populated and has way more mods and mod tools, has plenty of toxicity. I was in there the first few days just to see how it flowed and more than a few times kids with names like "bitchnigga" or "gasthejews####" would join and act completely oblivious to why the mods force changed their names (which I didn't know you could do).

Then they'd just spam racist memes since there was no reason to keep up the facade if they couldn't try and "trigger" people with their edgy names.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

The only situation I can think for GDQ is TASbot which is funny, but shut it off the rest of the marathon

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

have any donations slipped through referencing some of the recent tragedies in the news this week? seems like the donation moderators have stepped up their game this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Ok I didn't know you actually get the forms like in ZX in this, I just quit after the first 3 bosses since I figured the gimmick was you just transform into the bosses which was useless.

• Locked thread