Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The more anime in a Megaman game the shittier the game is. Which is why everything past X1 is just worse and worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Crain posted:

How many are there!?

Enough. I want to say at least three.

fake edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M%26M%27s_video_games Hahaha, seven.

There are multiple video games about the Noid.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Can't wait for this Mario Maker bullshit to be over with so we can get to the real crown jewel of tonight: Pepsiman :getin:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I hope they have some idea to make this less lopsided than last year.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

goatface posted:

fake edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M%26M%27s_video_games Hahaha, seven.

M&M's Kart Racing? The gently caress?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

If someone in a Pepsiman costume doesn't rush in at the end of the run to offer refreshing Pepsi to the crowd then the whole thing will have been a farce.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

goatface posted:

Oh god I rented Yo Noid! as a kid. It was just a reskin of some japanese game with the Noid and just about everything else seemed to be the same. So it made like NO sense why the Noid was fighting angry fisherman and polar bears.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Your Computer posted:

I hope they have some idea to make this less lopsided than last year.

They poisoned BigJon

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Random Stranger posted:

If someone in a Pepsiman costume doesn't rush in at the end of the run to offer refreshing Pepsi to the crowd then the whole thing will have been a farce.

UA: Put this man in charge of on site entertainment. Or whatever he wants.

He has good ideas.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Crain posted:

Look. WAAAAAAHHHH has still gotten a few chuckles from me.

Unlike Hype which has completely lost meaning.

I wish "woo" had lasted a little longer after 1080 Avalanche, it was fun hearing everyone "woo" alongside with Ricky

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

jetz0r posted:

it's not as bad as HYPE got

yet

hype depending on context is sometimes good

waluigi is never, under any circumstances good

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I really like these lower camera angles so you can see how big the crowd is.

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
Good to see iateyourpie is still a sellout wearing a shirt with his own face on it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Rorus Raz posted:

Oh god I rented Yo Noid! as a kid. It was just a reskin of some japanese game with the Noid and just about everything else seemed to be the same. So it made like NO sense why the Noid was fighting angry fisherman and polar bears.

"On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill man who thought the ads were a personal attack on him, held two employees of an Atlanta Domino's restaurant hostage for over five hours. After forcing them to make him a pizza and making demands for $100,000, getaway transportation, and a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid surrendered to the police. After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered an assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid." Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Noid spent three months in a mental institution, and eventually committed suicide in 1995. This incident caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot"

Huh. So that's what happened to the Noid. Fascinating.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Equilibrium posted:

Wah?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Someone needs to tell that red haired girl that that is not a seat and send her to the back of the crowd. No manners at all this generation smdh.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Aces High posted:

I wish "woo" had lasted a little longer after 1080 Avalanche, it was fun hearing everyone "woo" alongside with Ricky

ric flair%

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

"On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill man who thought the ads were a personal attack on him, held two employees of an Atlanta Domino's restaurant hostage for over five hours. After forcing them to make him a pizza and making demands for $100,000, getaway transportation, and a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid surrendered to the police. After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered an assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid." Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Noid spent three months in a mental institution, and eventually committed suicide in 1995. This incident caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot"

:stare:

The gently caress.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Equilibrium posted:

i think you will find that waluigi is always good, in fact, waluigi number one

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

They poisoned BigJon
How far will GDQ go to keep Golf down :tinfoil:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Schizophrenia is a hell of a thing.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

voltcatfish posted:

This . . . owns?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rorus Raz posted:

How far will GDQ go to keep Golf down :tinfoil:

Mike Uyama will literally murder Big Jon assuming he would pull out a NES Golf cartridge from his pocket and it won't be enough for him.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Woohoo, back to the stream just in time for the Super Mario Maker race.

Hope they fixed up the format from AGDQ. It was fun, but seeing one team dominate the whole thing because of the relay race setup was a bit lame.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered an assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid."

only one noid, not a pair

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

does it own as much as the poor Vancouver game designer that was shot because he had an episode at a bus stop?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I dipped out on that ZXA run because I couldn't handle the commentator. Just in time for Mario Maker though so that's awesome.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hello. I'm here to advocate for Spot Goes to Hollywood. Some people want Cool Spot, sure. But Spot Goes to Hollywood will quench all true thirst for soda based content.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

Mike Uyama will literally murder Big Jon assuming he would pull out a NES Golf cartridge from his pocket and it won't be enough for him.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Nice trials super mario maker lp

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Now you're streamin big, streamer.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
theyv'e got the hound on the couch wtf

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Wow don't you think it's too soon for these kinds of jokes imo

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This is the most lively GDQ has been all week.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This is what eSports is right

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
LMAO the dumbest format

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

LethalGeek posted:

The more anime in a Megaman game the shittier the game is. Which is why everything past X1 is just worse and worse

Counterpoint: the Mega Man Legends games are anime as hell and also Very Good.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well that's one hell of a format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That's a clever way to make each stage matter and not have it so when one team pulls ahead early the other has no chance of catching up like at AGDQ.

• Locked thread