Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Kinda really wish they would unblock new account creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

Ya I'm down for it.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol they already broke their own rules

not worth the hassle, just wait for the actual arena to be released (why are they waiting??)

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yeah okay never mind. :yikes:

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
In your experience, are things cheaper in the AH during the weekend?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

More expensive, I think.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Ok full con cryochrono is not a good leveling experience.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
I just dumped some 50 or 60k down the drain because I didn't know that talt bought from the AH becomes untradable. loving fantastic.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Well darn. I have played a ton of RO and just found out about this game...I hope they open up the game to new players again soon.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

rio posted:

Well darn. I have played a ton of RO and just found out about this game...I hope they open up the game to new players again soon.

Hey rio I'm just gonna open a private server with super high exp rates and a fixed alchemist class no big deal. (I'm probably not going to but... maybe.)

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Do it! I haven't played RO since whatever year that was where we ruined their forums and Alex Fayman and all that so I am down.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

The March Hare posted:

Hey rio I'm just gonna open a private server with super high exp rates and a fixed alchemist class no big deal. (I'm probably not going to but... maybe.)

Free stat and skill reset. Thanks fam.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I think the first thign they can do to get people interested in their game is to LET THE UFCKING PLAY IT

how loving stupid are they

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maha posted:

I just dumped some 50 or 60k down the drain because I didn't know that talt bought from the AH becomes untradable. loving fantastic.

I mean, you can sell that talt to a npc vendor for 5k a piece. Then your net loss is smaller. 60k is peanuts later on anyways.

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I mean, you can sell that talt to a npc vendor for 5k a piece. Then your net loss is smaller. 60k is peanuts later on anyways.

Yeah, that was my loss after reselling. But then I dropped a Wizard Bracelet while questing, so all complaints withdrawn.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I got ripped off 800k because there is no warning you are trading with a non-token player and if a non-token player trades with you all the items are marked Untradeable after the trade completes (yes even items that would remain tradeable had they been purchased in market)

so I have a useless item I can't share stash to another character, or resell, and imc support has so far been completely useless

the trade system is all kinds of bullshit so just watch yourselves

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm a pretty princess!

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Servers will be open again soon: https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=494

In kTOS news, they added a system where you can equip boss cards to your character to gain special effects (big list here: http://pastebin.com/PrCkZ21n). You can equip 1 card per character rank. Also, they buffed the splash range of a bunch of swordsman skills by some unspecified amount. They also changed the STR stat so that it now gives block pen per point, and possibly more for swordsman than for other classes? Unconfirmed.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
And it's up!

rio
Mar 20, 2008

gently caress yeah. Need my anime hats.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Silento posted:

I'm a pretty princess!

:rip: only the prettiest princess for 2 weeks

and it looks like we will get the new kToS card system soon: https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=501

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

rio posted:

Do it! I haven't played RO since whatever year that was where we ruined their forums and Alex Fayman and all that so I am down.

Good news: I got the server running and logged in and ran around a bit.

Bad news: They've basically only implemented login. All the NPCs have the same text, there are no mobs, etc.

Crateria
Jun 16, 2013

Seems like it was a bad time for me to try to get back into this game huh :confuoot:

Or are things more stable now?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crateria posted:

Seems like it was a bad time for me to try to get back into this game huh :confuoot:

Or are things more stable now?

The iTOS server is fine.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rank 8 classes maybe

quote:

Swordsman
- Murmillo
- Lancer

Wizard
- Enchanter
- Sage

Archer
- Mergen
- Hackapell

Cleric
- Inquisitor
- Daoshi

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
that list is missing quite a few of the previously datamined classes/costumes, I wonder if the others will be hidden or r9

Some solid info on new classes might actually get me playing again :toot:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

YES bread posted:

that list is missing quite a few of the previously datamined classes/costumes, I wonder if the others will be hidden or r9

Some solid info on new classes might actually get me playing again :toot:

i just want them to fix problems with the existing classes :smith:

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Got the MMO itch again and tried out this terrible thing, but from skimming the forums I found out that I apparently hosed my first character (turns out swordsman rank 2 is useless). Good thing I didn't get far yet and loot seems to be unbound so I can just toss all the garbage to a new dude. Any tips on a couple of different, non-borked swordsman builds? Apparently peltasta is required as the second class if you want to run dungeons later on?

Also, does the game get any more open-ended later on? So far it seemed like a straight pipe with no open world elements; kill the stuff a guy tells you to kill in area 1, then follow arrow to area 2, repeat. Are there any more options later?

EDIT: Also, is it possible to respec skill & stat points, or do I need to min/max plan those in advance as well? Google says it was possible earlier, not sure now?

Dropbear fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 11, 2016

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
depends on what you mean by "open world". there are two starter cities but most new players just do one chain and end up underleveled and confused. there are also several mid level zones that questlines don't point you towards. if you just mean big empty zones with mobs and no quests (content), high levels are nothing but that right now

you need to plan your stats and skills in advance, they can only be respecced with the cash shop/special event items itos hasn't gotten yet

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dropbear posted:

Got the MMO itch again and tried out this terrible thing, but from skimming the forums I found out that I apparently hosed my first character (turns out swordsman rank 2 is useless). Good thing I didn't get far yet and loot seems to be unbound so I can just toss all the garbage to a new dude. Any tips on a couple of different, non-borked swordsman builds? Apparently peltasta is required as the second class if you want to run dungeons later on?

Also, does the game get any more open-ended later on? So far it seemed like a straight pipe with no open world elements; kill the stuff a guy tells you to kill in area 1, then follow arrow to area 2, repeat. Are there any more options later?

EDIT: Also, is it possible to respec skill & stat points, or do I need to min/max plan those in advance as well? Google says it was possible earlier, not sure now?

You can do sword 1 pelt 1 hoplite 3 doppel 1 dragoon 1. That is a pretty standard build.

You can respec skills with a potion that is in the store. This costs real money.
You cannot respec your class selections.
There are potions to respec your stat choices, but so far they have only been for people who bought the founder packs. Just assume that you can never respec your stat selections either because that will probably be the case. So try to find a good stat build. Str is a pretty poor stat in terms of dps(but not as bad as int), so either just pump con or leave the points unspent until you decide later. Having a ton of unspent points isn't going to make or break anything since most of your damage comes from your weapon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what is a good build that uses spears exclusively? preferably with big flashy moves.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Serious Frolicking posted:

what is a good build that uses spears exclusively? preferably with big flashy moves.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

sword 1 pelt 1 hoplite 3 doppel 1 dragoon 1

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009
There's also pelt1-hop1-cata3-dragoon, if you like to ride things and move fast. I'm going this way for a templar, though I'd really like more levels of finestra.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some Rank 8 news:

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=518

Starting with the Wizard. There are two new classes (Sage and Enchanter).

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Also an event! :toot:

In other news, kTOS got the balance changes iTOS has had since the start. Many iTOS players are mad that their dreams of 0 cd skyliner are ded. :laffo:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
hype tbh

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Elentor posted:

Some Rank 8 news:

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=518

Starting with the Wizard. There are two new classes (Sage and Enchanter).

All of the new skills they previewed are real disappointing :(

especially the necromancer one that continue to apply decay(increases missile damage), but none of the wizard skills benefit from it :iiam:

I hope the other classes get some crazy poo poo.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Sage looks awesome, actually. On that note, anyone wanna do alemeth sometime? My PK is almost r7 and I should prob get started on r8! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.
Discord link in OP is expired! I want to get in on this fun looking RO ripoff.

• Locked thread