Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Alhazred posted:

If you feel the need to clarify this you probably need to rethink your politics.

It's not my fault other people are dumb. It's just the burden of the great(ie me) to suffer the inadequacies of others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

WickedHate posted:

It's not my fault other people are dumb. It's just the burden of the great(ie me) to suffer the inadequacies of others.

You are a very special flower.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr Hootington posted:

You are a very special flower.

The rare and exotic dipshit blossom

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I've not read the book Starship Troopers, but I'm not a big fan of the movie. The "satire" is isolated chunks that, to me, aren't particularly well done, and the rest never rises above Hollywood cliche. In charitable moments I can accept that Verhoeven was reaching for some biting social commentary, but I don't think he got there.

Double Star is a really good book, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I've not read the book Starship Troopers, but I'm not a big fan of the movie. The "satire" is isolated chunks that, to me, aren't particularly well done, and the rest never rises above Hollywood cliche. In charitable moments I can accept that Verhoeven was reaching for some biting social commentary, but I don't think he got there.

Thank you! Now see, I like Robocop, it's a good action movie and funny satire.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No work satires propaganda like Troopers.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What, badly?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
We get it you like attention.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh, relax, I just felt like you were walking into that. It was essential, vital that it didn't go unsaid.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Robocop's just a ripoff of Judge Dredd.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Swamp Thing is just a rip off of Man-Thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Please do not rip off my man-thing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

What's the over/under on this Gotham TV show introducing Dick Grayson while Bruce is still a little kid. I figure it goes up by 25% every season this manages to inexplicably stay on the air.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't watch the show, but I'm pretty sure there was a story about Dick's parents already being on the show last year.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

I don't watch the show, but I'm pretty sure there was a story about Dick's parents already being on the show last year.

Yep.

I really want Gotham to last and actually use Batman.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Mr Hootington posted:

They'll just call him the Grey-Black Blur.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Batman needs to time travel back to the past and fight all these supervillians that inexplicably exist fully formed or near enough.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr Hootington posted:

Yep.

The kid is like 12 right? Even if it lasted as long as Smallville it's not going to have Batman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

The kid is like 12 right? Even if it lasted as long as Smallville it's not going to have Batman.

He had a massive growth spurt and he's taken it upon himself to start gym training. We're gonna see a proto-Batman at the very least.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

The actor is 15.

Rhyno posted:

He had a massive growth spurt and he's taken it upon himself to start gym training. We're gonna see a proto-Batman at the very least.

this at least. the show would be even better with him going vigilant.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

So the eighth season of Gotham is gonna be the first season of Daredevil?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I meant the character of Bruce Wayne, not the actor.

15 year olds shouldn't do too much weight training, it can gently caress with their longterm growth

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Just listened to a grown man complaining about seeing an action figure of black Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Just listened to a grown man complaining about seeing an action figure of black Superman.

Quit following me to work.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Aphrodite posted:

Robocop's just a ripoff of Space Sheriff Gavan.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

What a bigot! He'd probably get furious about Mexican Superman.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 9, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

What a bigot! He'd probably get furious about Mexican Superman.

He did in fact comment "they might as well make Mexican Superman too".

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

WickedHate posted:

It's Calvin Ellis, right?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

WickedHate posted:

Would it make it better or worse for him, you think, if you told him that black Superman was also literally Barack Obama?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
He's not a really terrible person, just kind of...dumb as gently caress? His racism, while obviously harmful, isn't hateful in intent, and that's a blessing considering where I live. He's old and real uneducated, but it's kind of endearing when he needs help spelling and poo poo because he can barely read.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Aw, tbh when you first posted I thought it was some dork complaining about an action figure of Superman in his black 90s suit but now you went and made me sad by accident

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

Aw, tbh when you first posted I thought it was some dork complaining about an action figure of Superman in his black 90s suit but now you went and made me sad by accident

On the contrary, it was entirely on purpose! Suffer! :devil:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

WickedHate posted:

So the eighth season of Gotham is gonna be the first season of Daredevil?

No. It's going to be the first season of Batman '66.

Best of all outcomes.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Huh?
I'm making the weekly pull post now and for some reason Joshua Hale Fialkov wrote an Aspen Comics crossover that's gonna reboot the universe (with J. T. Krul)
http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY161156
What happened, dude?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I still haven't gotten my Comic Bento box for the month. According to the tracking it got sent to Florida by mistake. Last entry was on the 6th, saying it left Florida and since then nothing. I heard this month's had some cool stuff in it too. :(

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

Huh?
I'm making the weekly pull post now and for some reason Joshua Hale Fialkov wrote an Aspen Comics crossover that's gonna reboot the universe (with J. T. Krul)
http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY161156
What happened, dude?

That's a shame. He's a pretty good guy. Never read his Marvel stuff but DC screwed him over.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Am I missing something? What's so bad about Aspen?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They appear to me like a company for people who hate the last fifteen to twenty years of comic progress.

I could see getting the chance to try and turn around a bit of a joke of a company to be a fun thing to do. They'll be the new Valiant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Teenage Fansub posted:

They appear to me like a company for people who hate the last fifteen to twenty years of comic progress.

I could see getting the chance to try and turn around a bit of a joke of a company to be a fun thing to do. They'll be the new Valiant!

Oh that may be. I haven't paid attention to them since Michael Turner died, which was... Probably about 10-15 years ago now.

• Locked thread