Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

You've posted pictures before which demonstrate this is absolutely untrue.

:raise:

What are you talking about?

I'm looking through my posts and the only thing could be considered lewder are the costumes and/or my custom outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:raise:

What are you talking about?

I'm looking through my posts and the only thing could be considered lewder are the costumes and/or my custom outfits.

The entire game is about barely-dressed ovely-busty girls in fetish outfits getting into fanservice situations. When the game was announced it was described as 'sexy battles.' Stop being being goddamn disingenuous

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cake Attack posted:

get this... there's lots of good vita games without buying criminal girls or w/e

Also, turn left thread!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
the most exciting thing in that video for me was that the girl did a Bullet Witch-style sideways cartwheel jump dodge thing and I remembered how I like Bullet Witch and wish it would get a PC port or sequel or something.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Light Gun Man posted:

the most exciting thing in that video for me was that the girl did a Bullet Witch-style sideways cartwheel jump dodge thing and I remembered how I like Bullet Witch and wish it would get a PC port or sequel or something.

There's a specific mechanic in the game that allows you to dodge any attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uiEO8HuY18

However the timing for it is incredibly strict so is not very useful on the long term. A shame because I always feel like a badass when I can pull it off. :v:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DT are you asexual

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Junpei Hyde posted:

DT are you asexual

I am a god drat sexual tyrannosaurus

trigger warning: lovely quality, slurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mijy8fpdI5c

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For that there should be a ridiculous amount of enemies on screen. Bhikkhuni is closer to a character action game if anything

you're just making it worse by comparing it to character action

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't believe anime titties are tearing the Vita thread apart

maxmandude
Apr 16, 2013
Even ImpAtom is acting like an rear end in a top hat. What a glorious day.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Love will tear us apart. Again.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Everyone, calm down, and step into the light.

Let us join together.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

This light has anime titties and is thus good.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If we're gonna get the thread closed over goons freaking out about female animes in videogames again, let's talk God Eater.

God Eater is surprisingly fun for a Monster Hunter clone. It's pretty undemanding, which after a couple thousand hours of MonHun across the whole series released out in the west, I think I kinda needed a game like it. Pretty much every weapon lets you feel ridiculously agile despite their size, and it contributes to the game feeling very much like its own thing in a crowd of genre copycats. The changes in Resurrection have pretty much all been for the best, if the first game had launched like this it might have been a pretty serious competitor to MonHun itself.

Also, the outfits are completely ridiculous. It's great.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fivegears4reverse posted:

If we're gonna get the thread closed over goons freaking out about female animes in videogames again, let's talk God Eater.

God Eater is surprisingly fun for a Monster Hunter clone. It's pretty undemanding, which after a couple thousand hours of MonHun across the whole series released out in the west, I think I kinda needed a game like it. Pretty much every weapon lets you feel ridiculously agile despite their size, and it contributes to the game feeling very much like its own thing in a crowd of genre copycats. The changes in Resurrection have pretty much all been for the best, if the first game had launched like this it might have been a pretty serious competitor to MonHun itself.

it seems decent so far but I am stuck on this Chi You birdman rear end in a top hat because 90% of his body is heavily armored

I really need to check out the bullet editor and try to make some non-terrible crush bullets

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ruggington posted:

you're just making it worse by comparing it to character action

Budget character action games are usually pretty bad, except when they actually are character action games and not just lovely beat'em'ups

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are there any more rhythm games coming out for Vita? I think I've spent 90% of my Vita time in 2016 on Dancing All Night/Mikus

I wish I had bought Superbeat Xonic when it was on sale

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Budget character action games are usually pretty bad, except when they actually are character action games and not just lovely beat'em'ups

On the other hand, EDF and Onechanbara are pretty good.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Really Pants posted:

it seems decent so far but I am stuck on this Chi You birdman rear end in a top hat because 90% of his body is heavily armored

I really need to check out the bullet editor and try to make some non-terrible crush bullets

Chi You gets clowned on pretty good with a decent shotgun, imo. As fast as he seems to be, pretty much every GOD EATER is more maneuverable under any circumstance.

I don't recommend hammers against them, use the greatswords if you want a good crushing melee weapon for the birds. You can land solid hits on their head more consistently. Once you get the ability to air-devour, you can stay airborne almost indefinitely with a single vertical air attack -> devour -> air attack ->. When/if you stun Chi You, you can pull this off on it with near impunity until it recovers, a good way to build up bullets you can use to super charge allies.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

This is good to hear, though I'm still sort of disappointed that other platforms get Resurrection for free w/ GE 2: Rage Burst while Vita owners end up having to pay $20 for it. I would have been OK even with something like a $50 bundle for GE:R and GE:2RB.

I heard troubling things about the framerate in the Vita version of GE:2RB so I'll probably pick up Resurrection on Vita once I finish the main quests in Freedom Wars, and then get GE:2RB for PS4 with its free copy of GE:R PS4.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Parker Lewis posted:

This is good to hear, though I'm still sort of disappointed that other platforms get Resurrection for free w/ GE 2: Rage Burst while Vita owners end up having to pay $20 for it. I would have been OK even with something like a $50 bundle for GE:R and GE:2RB.

I heard troubling things about the framerate in the Vita version of GE:2RB so I'll probably pick up Resurrection on Vita once I finish the main quests in Freedom Wars, and then get GE:2RB for PS4 with its free copy of GE:R PS4.

Honestly after playing Kawai Anime Underboob Hunter on the Vita, I pulled the trigger on a pre-order for GE2 on the PS4. I don't even feel like I wasted much in the way of money because I can at least transfer my save between the console and vita versions. I personally feel like the game is different enough from MonHun that I can play one or the other depending on the sort of game I want to play. At a later date, if the Vita version of GE2 is patched to handle its performance issues, I'll snag that too.

Man, I gave up on Freedom Wars. I liked the game tons at first, and playing dress up animes with my Not-Motoko Kusanagi and Not-Deunan Knute and finishing the single player stuff was fun enough outside of the missions where they wanted you to fight people and not giant loving robots. But the grind for better weapons and materials is honestly worse than it EVER has been in Monster Hunter outside of the MMO. Unless there's a trick to it that I missed, I was seriously getting burned by the absolute worst crafting system I've experienced in the last ten years. FW also seriously bummed me out over how bad melee weapons apparently are. It was metal as gently caress to grapple on to mechs and saw poo poo off of them, but from what I've seen most people just use really powerful guns.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Man, I gave up on Freedom Wars. I liked the game tons at first, and playing dress up animes with my Not-Motoko Kusanagi and Not-Deunan Knute and finishing the single player stuff was fun enough outside of the missions where they wanted you to fight people and not giant loving robots. But the grind for better weapons and materials is honestly worse than it EVER has been in Monster Hunter outside of the MMO. Unless there's a trick to it that I missed, I was seriously getting burned by the absolute worst crafting system I've experienced in the last ten years. FW also seriously bummed me out over how bad melee weapons apparently are. It was metal as gently caress to grapple on to mechs and saw poo poo off of them, but from what I've seen most people just use really powerful guns.

The staff you get for clearing story mode is really strong and has a bunch of neat attacks.

There's no excusing that crafting system, though. It's awful.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I enjoy God Eater but for some reason I never really got that into it. I think it's just a it TOO rough around the edges (even in Resurrection) to really get into. Another few rounds of polish and it would be great but it's just unsuccessful enough I feel it never really gets it. It's a lot of little things but they add up over time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Parker Lewis posted:

I've read that the Vita version of Rage Burst is $40 so it plus the Resurrection at $20 adds up to the cost of a PS4 copy of Rage Burst. IIRC here in Canada Rage Burst PS4 is $80 while Resurrection is $20.

poo poo's weird.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, people are taking this as Bhikkhuni's translator teasing Net High

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Resurrections new script/characterizations are interesting, I'm not sure I like some of the changes but maybe it's closer to the original japanese so I dunno

ImpAtom posted:

I enjoy God Eater but for some reason I never really got that into it. I think it's just a it TOO rough around the edges (even in Resurrection) to really get into. Another few rounds of polish and it would be great but it's just unsuccessful enough I feel it never really gets it. It's a lot of little things but they add up over time.

Anything that stands out in particular? When I think "unpolished hunting game" God Eater is one of the furthest from my mind

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I played through most of GE on PSP, but the melee always felt like I was slashing at a paper bag with no actual impact compared to MH/Toukiden and the existence of OP meant I couldn't just use the gun. Unlike the old-type NPCs who could gun all day long.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Improbable Lobster posted:

Please port Marlow Briggs to the vita

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Ugh, don't pick up Lumo on Vita unless it's patched. Barely ten minutes in and it crashed, not to mention there's an excessive amount of loading time every time you go to a different room. I was really looking forward to this and specifically waited for the Vita version too.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RentACop posted:

Resurrections new script/characterizations are interesting, I'm not sure I like some of the changes but maybe it's closer to the original japanese so I dunno

Anything that stands out in particular? When I think "unpolished hunting game" God Eater is one of the furthest from my mind

In general I found the user interface and menus pretty ugly and generally everything that wasn't the actual in-combat.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Parker Lewis posted:

I heard troubling things about the framerate in the Vita version of GE:2RB

Who told you that? Having played GE2:RB for about a hundred hours or so (Japanese version), I don't think I ever once noticed a framerate blip. poo poo is pretty rock-solid in my experience.

ImpAtom posted:

In general I found the user interface and menus pretty ugly and generally everything that wasn't the actual in-combat.

What's so bad about the menus, my Japanese reading skills are pretty lovely but I've found it extremely easy to find poo poo and navigate everything and the menus certainly don't have weird pauses or loads like Monster Hunter sometimes does

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

On the other hand, EDF and Onechanbara are pretty good.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Freedom Wars has not gotten me hooked the way MH4U did earlier this year; I'm really only still playing it because I have gotten to code/level 4 and figure I might as well finish off the 'story'. Hopefully I can get through the remainder of the main story quests without having to deal with the crafting system which seems to be unanimously terrible. But yeah, not planning to spend any time with its end game and will move on to Soul Sacrifice Delta or GE:R as soon as I can.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

You can make it through the story of Freedom Wars without dipping much into the crafting, yeah. It's the post game stuff that demands it

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Is $20 for 16gb card a decent deal?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yes

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

SnatchRabbit posted:

Is $20 for 16gb card a decent deal?

Where??

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
local guy on offerup.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

You have to do something while pretending you're watching the match.