Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Eastern Lands have only been teased for what? 10 years? 11?

e; Yeah looked it up, Feb 15th 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
iirc we were supposed to get them with Sailing, if that ever actually did exist for Runescape back in the day, but nope.

Ports was the closest we got years and years later. It's cool that we'll see them, and I hope they live to up what players expect.

I'm a little bummed since I play OSRS, but we'll get something in the same vein eventually.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*scape n vape sighs as he unsheathes his katana*

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Asking the pubies and a few j mods and doing some general research how I'm pretty sure it's going to work is:

Every runescape member get's access to the 3 pre-fabricated islands and possibly the miniquests for meg's retarded pirate adventure or whatever (I don't give a crap).

On the islands there is going to be 4 high level activities in the Slayer, Hunter, Woodcutting, and Fishing categories (requiring 90).

The island is going to be kind of a start from scratch thing, It's going to have it's own currency that you can make doing things on the island kind of like new Varrock. Also there won;t be a way to buy the eastern island currency with "western gold", possibly with ports goods but that's not confirmed and probably unlikely.

Assuming you have 90 in one of the 4 skills you can gather those resources and sell them for the island currency in order to fund a voyage to one of the billion or so randomly generated islands full of new skilling stuff and supplies/monsters. Presumably there's going to be more stuff on these islands to fund future expeditions and probably some ultra rare resources if I know jagex. You can also place a flag and make an island your home if you find one with a resources you like or whatever.

Either way it sounds really amazing to me, so goons get to afking ivy so you aren't stuck with meg's retarded pirate adventures at the end of the month!

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I knew 99 WC would work out for me one day :getin:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Taylor Swift posted:

Eastern Lands have only been teased for what? 10 years? 11?

e; Yeah looked it up, Feb 15th 2005

This is not the actual Eastern Lands, it's just the most western part which is an island chain. :ssh:
There's still a real Eastern Continent to be released, but the 2017 survey makes it sound like they want to tweak it into the Mystery continent thing they mentioned.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
I don't have any of those 90s :emo:

Should I detour to turn my dragon hatchet into a crystal before I would start that grind?

allta
Mar 28, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

I don't have any of those 90s :emo:

Should I detour to turn my dragon hatchet into a crystal before I would start that grind?

If you can handle the harmonic dust grind then it could be worth it.

Although if you haven't unlocked ports yet 90 fishing could potentially be better since ports unlocks a ton of high level content, it's just that fishing is marginally less afk since you occasionally need to spam the ability bar to drop more fish. I only really suggested woodcutting because it's the most afk/easiest 90 on the list.

Either way though you have something like another 24 days so that's lots of time to grind and it sounds like the ship building community even t in port Sarim is going to give some exp in the skills needed so that should also alleviate a bit of the grind!

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I know it's been talked about already but

Gowerquest is REALLY GOOD

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
I AM BACK IN THE UK, A GOOD COMPUTER AND HOLY poo poo NXT IS SEXY

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Well I'm about touch 80 slayer so only a few more months to 90. Should be fun

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

allta posted:

Although if you haven't unlocked ports yet 90 fishing could potentially be better since ports unlocks a ton of high level content, it's just that fishing is marginally less afk since you occasionally need to spam the ability bar to drop more fish. I only really suggested woodcutting because it's the most afk/easiest 90 on the list.

Either way though you have something like another 24 days so that's lots of time to grind and it sounds like the ship building community even t in port Sarim is going to give some exp in the skills needed so that should also alleviate a bit of the grind!

How do you drop fish/wood/whatever from the action bar?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Tyshalob posted:

How do you drop fish/wood/whatever from the action bar?

drag the item onto the bar and the default action is drop I think

allta posted:

I got ports through RC and soon also herb, so I guess harps it is

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Heya guys, I recently got hijacked and someone nabbed all my t70 power armour and a ton of resources, so, yeah, make sure your authenticator is still on and stuff.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Get on the streets boy

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So what would be the most effective use of Vic? I kinda want to dump it all into Dung tokens to get Herbicide and Charming Imp.

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 5, 2016

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

allta posted:

:siren: :siren: Explore the Arc Region :siren: :siren:
Now, the way is clear. It's time to go to the Eastern Lands, and I have the pleasure of announcing that it is coming on the 25th of July.
What excites me most about the Eastern Lands is that this was an update decided by you. You came up with the idea on Runelabs, you voted for it in a Player Power Poll, and you contributed hundreds of ideas. Now, YOU get to explore your creation.
And that's the focus of the Arc region: exploration. Explore billions of possible uncharted islands and find one for you. See what treasure chests, skilling resources or combat encounters are on that island and make a decision: do you want to keep this island forever?
If you do, you can stick a flag in it and its yours. If you don't, then you can move on to the next one.
You will also get to explore three larger islands - not random, but stuffed with things to do.
Waiko is the trade hub and offers some brand new skilling locations. Whale's Maw is a new Hunter and Fishing training area, while Aminishi is a grand temple dedicated to spirit dragons: a slayer monster with a shady secret.
You'll also get four miniquests that will bring an end to the kidnappers that started this all.
Any RuneScape member can make the journey to the Eastern Lands, so make sure you pay a visit.
Chartering a ship to the Uncharted Isles requires resources, however, and to get resources, you will need level 90 in Fishing, Hunter, Slayer or Woodcutting. Make sure you have one of these if you want to claim your island.
This July is just the beginning, as we will travel further into the Eastern Lands in October, with Chapter Two of the Arc.

Runescape is finally getting a sov mechanic

e: don't act like you're not hyped for this mari

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
That description of the Eastern Lands islands kinda reminds me of what they promised player owned houses could be, back in 2001.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
maybe we'll be able to take islands for the clan

and fight other clans for their islands

and maybe that fighting will require us to destroy a number of mini-flags on the island

and each mini-flag will have a period where it is invulnerable after we damage it enough

hmmmmmm

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

Taylor Swift posted:

So what would be the most effective use of Vic? I kinda want to dump it all into Dung tokens to get Herbicide and Charming Imp.

Jesus loving christ get the Charming Imp as your FIRST dungeoneering item, it is the greatest thing that they have ever created, never leave home when slayering without it

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I just pick up charms like the common man.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FillInTheBlank posted:

I just pick up charms like the common man.

Plebe

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

quote:

• The first player to achieve 99 Invention did it within 20 hours of the skill's release.
  • The first player to achieve level 120 Invention did so merely 38 hours after its release, at 00:50:54 GMT on 27 January 2016.
  • The first player to achieve 200 million experience in Invention did so within six days after the initial release of the skill.

holy gently caress how

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

holy gently caress how

Hand cannon components gave like 5x as much exp as other components at the time, so a single gizmo filled with them gave like 16k exp. 16k exp for a single click that you can spam every 1.2 second lead to an extremely easy 99 if you had the gizmo components. Handcannons went through the roof and a few people who bought them pre-nerf for 200m xp still owes billions to their friends.

120 was the same story and everybody was expecting the same guy to get 200m first, despite the hand cannon nerf between first 120 and 200m. However, another guy had an enormous stockpile of gizmos and managed to snipe 200m a few hours before the other guy lol.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
If only every 99 skill took 20 hours

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Swicky posted:

If only every 99 skill took 20 hours

if only .....

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I see people make this joke/comment a lot but realistically wouldn't it cost a poo poo ton of money/luck to get to 99 REALLY quickly via TH?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Taylor Swift posted:

I see people make this joke/comment a lot but realistically wouldn't it cost a poo poo ton of money/luck to get to 99 REALLY quickly via TH?

A Friend has a video on YouTube of him spending about $5k during a smouldering lamp event and getting every skill to around 98, other than Invention.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Zodack posted:

A Friend has a video on YouTube of him spending about $5k during a smouldering lamp event and getting every skill to around 98, other than Invention.

Yeah, that counts as a "poo poo ton". Also, science thanks that person for their sacrifice, everyone else (well, most everyone else) ridicules them.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

@Swicky

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that's way too much money, but after buying a few keys I get it. Just the Golden Tools this weekend have given me 10 levels in different skills. So I can see how during different promotions it could be hella XP.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

RIP citadel, please come help make upkeep this week.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Where our fukken avatars at?

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FINALLY solo'd Nex, god Blood Phase is a bitch

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Swicky posted:

FINALLY solo'd Nex, god Blood Phase is a bitch

Every kill gets a little easier now, just keep at it!

Also if you have not yet please do some citadel we really need to hit upkeep this week or we loose literally months of goon progress from 2 years ago!

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Everything except cloth is done right now, and it can be finished with a single person if anyone can help.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Destroy the Citadel, it's all over

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Because gently caress gp avatars

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
I AM PLEASED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I leave for ONE YEAR