Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Isnt Danny Modesto, literally the nicest dude on planet earth and my hetero mancrush, in the Cog club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

rydiafan posted:

Indeed.

Demanding to play by the rules doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat. Nice people can be strict on rules. Playing a netlist doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat. Nice people can play netlists. Being competitive doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat. Nice people can be competitive. Being an rear end in a top hat makes you an rear end in a top hat.

You can give takebacks, play goofy lists, not care who wins, and still be a loving rear end in a top hat.

Right.

I called them shitlords, which I figured was appropriate. Anyone who gets invited to show new players a game and proceeds to show how unfun and one-sided a game can be to said new players pretty much qualifies as a shitlord.

I also said that the impression was based on this limited experience that I had and that if some goons from here were in that group, I'd be interested in the possibility of meeting some non- shitlord types. Living in Portland would make this convenient since they're apparently coming to my town (and maybe one or two of them could be locals).

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Crazy Ferret posted:

I'm going to all Battle Box event tomorrow. The format is each round is an hour and you play as many BB games as you can to determine the winner, with emphasis on not dunking on new players mind you. You can swap out for different Battle Boxes between rounds so it will be nice to get a feel for Magnus, Maddox, and Barnabus, maybe the Skorne one if I have time to assemble it. There is also an SR going on but man, I just don't have the stomach for competitive play right now.

Oh my god, you can't just go around calling them Cog People. Its Convergence of Cyriss. Jeez.

Are you still in Austin, and is this at Whose turn is it? I was thinking about hitting their Jouneyman kickoff event this weekend.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Reclaimer1 still has sac lamb, thats pretty amazing in mk3

List I wrote has 2 full units, 3 heavies and a redeemer. Pretty sweet to have every jack get 2 focus for the cost of 1 scrub 1.1 point TFG. I think HR lists are going to be a lot more aggressive in mk3, as his cloud wall game is pretty bad now, but he gained hand of fate...

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Korwen posted:

Are you still in Austin, and is this at Whose turn is it? I was thinking about hitting their Jouneyman kickoff event this weekend.

Sadly I moved back to Dallas a while back (sigh). This is over at Texas Toy Soldier if there is anyone interested.

Go to the Journeyman event though. Mine sounds like fun

Crazy Ferret fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 8, 2016

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

PaintVagrant posted:

Isnt Danny Modesto, literally the nicest dude on planet earth and my hetero mancrush, in the Cog club?

In fact the kicker is that I'm in charge of the Cog Collective. So it's a little upsetting to hear someone had a negative experience with one of our players.

koreban posted:

Right.

I called them shitlords, which I figured was appropriate. Anyone who gets invited to show new players a game and proceeds to show how unfun and one-sided a game can be to said new players pretty much qualifies as a shitlord.

I also said that the impression was based on this limited experience that I had and that if some goons from here were in that group, I'd be interested in the possibility of meeting some non- shitlord types. Living in Portland would make this convenient since they're apparently coming to my town (and maybe one or two of them could be locals).

I reached out via PM. There's a solid group playing Thursdays at Portland Game Store in NE Portland. There are a lot of new players getting into mk3 and there's even a journeyman league starting next week; if you're able feel free to drop by.

Sorry for making GBS threads up the thread peeps. On the flip side I'm back.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
The two biggest douchebags at my store are two ultra casuals. One has played a total of 3 games, tops, but lectures the guys who go to LVO and LnL about what is wrong with their lists.

The two best players in our store can get salty over losses but in general are really big into try to help people with post game advice. Some of it veers too much into the 'don't use that that is trash' mindset for my tastes but that hardly makes them bad guys.

Assholes are gonna rear end in a top hat.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Korwen posted:

We're also starting a Journeyman at Great Hall Games in Austin this coming Thursday, if you're interested.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

In fact the kicker is that I'm in charge of the Cog Collective. So it's a little upsetting to hear someone had a negative experience with one of our players.

I reached out via PM. There's a solid group playing Thursdays at Portland Game Store in NE Portland. There are a lot of new players getting into mk3 and there's even a journeyman league starting next week; if you're able feel free to drop by.

Sorry for making GBS threads up the thread peeps. On the flip side I'm back.

omg yes youre back :love:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

PaintVagrant posted:

omg yes youre back :love:

I think the stars are aligning so that I'll be able to go to WMW this year. :wink:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

rantmo posted:

I was surprised when I noticed Siege getting it too. Possibly because he survived a near-bisection at the hands of the Butcher (where the gently caress is Siege 2 PP?)

It's because he is a Trencher FYI. All Trenchers have tough.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Excelsiortothemax posted:

It's because he is a Trencher FYI. All Trenchers have tough.

Sadly, that's not on his card, at least not in War Room, which is too bad because he and Finn would make an amazing duo.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Crazy Ferret posted:

Oh my god, you can't just go around calling them Cog People. Its Convergence of Cyriss. Jeez.

I really, really hope this is the Mean Girls reference I want it to be :allears:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

Danny Modesto alt account spotted.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

It's funny, because an acquaintance of mine who lives in another city related an instance of to-new-player crappiness just last night, but apparently it took a different tack: Guy walked in Wednesday evening during regular play looking for a demo game, no less than three judges and a PG there, but somehow he walked out without getting one. He felt like they just kinda didn't make any especial effort to engage with the new guy, more hanging out in their own group.

I encouraged my friend to go ahead and walk the guy through a few starter games, said friend has been playing only about a year but it's been intensively and I think he's better than he gives himself credit for.

So yeah, it's not just douchebaggery that can kill new players' interest in the game, but also being ignored.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

fnordcircle posted:

I tend to run a lot of doomies, so the tough hate has hurt my feelings.

Irusk2 + some jack + an entire list of doomies.

You're welcome.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

head58 posted:

Don't buy Behemoth.

But an Extreme Juggernaut and make an Extremoth.

Or wait until the resculpt.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Magres posted:

I really, really hope this is the Mean Girls reference I want it to be :allears:

If you search the stars, you will find the truth...

Yes it is!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

rydiafan posted:

Danny Modesto alt account spotted.

:wink:

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
PV let's go to WMW. :getin: :catdrugs: :frogsiren:

Maybe just make a few more stops along the way there and back. Eheh eheh.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Fyrbrand posted:

PV let's go to WMW. :getin: :catdrugs: :frogsiren:

Maybe just make a few more stops along the way there and back. Eheh eheh.

You drive, I will sit in the passenger seat and hit your legs with an oar to keep the blood flowing

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Crazy Ferret posted:

Sadly I moved back to Dallas a while back (sigh). This is over at Texas Toy Soldier if there is anyone interested.

I keep wanting to play more, but it seems like RL and :effort: sometimes combine to make me just roll over and zonk out on Mondays. I'm trying to not do that as much.

Got into playing Warmachine more for the painting than anything else, so I consider myself to be pretty terrible. Getting a ton of stuff reshuffled in Cryx has kinda thrown me off too. But I do plan on being at TTS on Monday with my swampy-looking Cryx army.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Gearhead posted:

I keep wanting to play more, but it seems like RL and :effort: sometimes combine to make me just roll over and zonk out on Mondays. I'm trying to not do that as much.

Got into playing Warmachine more for the painting than anything else, so I consider myself to be pretty terrible. Getting a ton of stuff reshuffled in Cryx has kinda thrown me off too. But I do plan on being at TTS on Monday with my swampy-looking Cryx army.

Not going to lie after this week, all I want to do is drink heavily and watch Disney movies. My brother in law is a Dallas Police Officer so this morning was a lot of fun (He's fine thankfully). But I signed up for the event and lord knows I could use some fun times after this monster of a week.

I rarely get up to TTS on Monday's because my day starts around 4:30am but there is a growing crowd up at Madness Comics and Games on Sunday's, starting at 11am till they close. It used to be a bit dead but MK3 has revived it nicely. I was there last sunday and there was at least a half dozen and then some looking for games at various skill levels. I need to get up to TTS more often though. Nice store, good crowd, great AC which is worth its weight in gold in Texas. I will keep an eye out for some swampy Cryx!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I think the stars are aligning so that I'll be able to go to WMW this year. :wink:

where the gently caress have you even been

i am not going to accept any sort of real life excuses that's bullshit and you know it

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

albany academy posted:

Irusk2 + some jack + an entire list of doomies.

You're welcome.

That's the last list I ran. Charging with the rearmost doomies to clear a path for the doomies in the front oooooh.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

:frogsiren: I am selling a pretty complete Legion army at a reasonable price with a bag:frogsiren:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782618

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

fnordcircle posted:

That's the last list I ran. Charging with the rearmost doomies to clear a path for the doomies in the front oooooh.

If Doomies were a 12 man unit that cost twice as much they wouldn't have been nearly as bullshit, for this exact reason.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Crazy Ferret posted:

I will keep an eye out for some swampy Cryx!

Monday is basically my Saturday, so TTS' setup works best for me right now.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

S.J. posted:

where the gently caress have you even been

i am not going to accept any sort of real life excuses that's bullshit and you know it

Easy, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. Games are addictive yo.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Easy, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. Games are addictive yo.

Alright, that's a pretty good answer

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Well, bound to happen sooner or later. Unpacked my brand new Gaspy3 figure and laid everything out before washing and he is missing his left hand. I submitted a ticket but I want to play with him but I won't play with unpainted models and I can't paint him until the hand comes in.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

lokipunk posted:

Well, bound to happen sooner or later. Unpacked my brand new Gaspy3 figure and laid everything out before washing and he is missing his left hand. I submitted a ticket but I want to play with him but I won't play with unpainted models and I can't paint him until the hand comes in.

Replace his hand with a hook. Yarrr!

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Mispacks are PP'S way of telling you to do conversions.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Give him big warjack hands and say he is yuuuuuuge :smugdon:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Trip report: high reclaimer is totally broken and I beat the poo poo out of 2 "bad" matchups in a row (legion and scaverius)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

Trip report: high reclaimer is totally broken and I beat the poo poo out of 2 "bad" matchups in a row (legion and scaverius)

High Reclaimer seems legit as gently caress. Hand of Fate in menoth is loving crazy.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

2 of my 3 games ended by me feating back 6-8 idrians in aim range of the enemy caster who they had preyed. With hand of fate. The math is batty on how much damage that can cause.

That's rat 9 pow 13s 3d6 drop the lowest...

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Really wanna run this but I'm afraid no one will play with me ever again.

Hierarch Severius - WJ: +26
- Hierophant - PC: 3
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Templar - PC: 15
- Blessing of Vengeance - PC: 13

Wrack - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

If anyone even cares about skorne in this thread anymore, it looks like theres a new Tiberion coming:

Hopefully it won't be delayed forever like the hydra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Really wanna run this but I'm afraid no one will play with me ever again.

Hierarch Severius - WJ: +26
- Hierophant - PC: 3
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Blessing of Vengeance - PC: 13

Wrack - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5

give one of those jacks a gun, hashtag menoth awareness