Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

That blowhog just trolled the hell out of that run :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Trying to lure her into the crawmads, no less.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Blowhogs doubly suck (or is that suck AND blow?) because in addition to be disruptive as gently caress they also turn flower Pikmin back to leaf.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Zoom in to throw off the AI...
Is it gone?

SHWEEEEEEWWWW!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Near as I can tell she was absolutely on track to get it done in 8 days until blowhog showed up. They could not have possibly been blown into worse places too. That sucks

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Rorus Raz posted:

Blowhogs doubly suck (or is that suck AND blow?) because in addition to be disruptive as gently caress they also turn flower Pikmin back to leaf.

It gets even worse in two where Withering Blowhogs purposefully blow the flowers off your Pikmin and then LAUGH AT YOU! :(

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"I need to rekite the frogs"

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

God drat, 10 parts in one day got turned into 5 in the end because of blowhog/snitchbug tag team

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
People are actually donating money trying to slip through transphobic references into the donation feed. Ugh. :smith:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"gently caress you, Olimar. I'm goin' out of bounds."

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
No *GDQ game run is complete without at least one "No, really, that's never happened before."

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Every Pikmin game has to have a some sort of bizarre clip that I don't know why it works but it does

The issue with Pikmin 1 is that the enemies are programmed way smarter than the Pikmin, or so I thought until now

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Good god this Pikmin let's play is a comedy of errors, and it's the only late-night game I stayed up to watch. lol

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

dang these enemies trolled hard

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

Good god this Pikmin let's play is a comedy of errors, and it's the only late-night game I stayed up to watch. lol
Pikmin 1 seems like a super fiddly game and I cannot imagine running it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

s.i.r.e. posted:

It isn't even errors, its enemies being as trolly as possible.

9 days single segment is still fuckin craziness, especially at a marathon.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You wanted flowers on everyone before the last boss? gently caress YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

elentar posted:

People are actually donating money trying to slip through transphobic references into the donation feed. Ugh. :smith:

look on the bright side now their money is in more deserving hands

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Puffy Blowhog just being the worst...

FINAL BOSS HYPE! Funny how he's so easy to beat in Pikmin 2. :P

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

What exactly happened to make it go over the estimate? I've never played Pikmin, but from the comments I assume it was just bad luck with enemies?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Azazell0 posted:

What exactly happened to make it go over the estimate? I've never played Pikmin, but from the comments I assume it was just bad luck with enemies?

Puffy blowhog went 'gently caress your poo poo' and absolutely demolished the run.

It then decided to give a parting shot by blowing the flowers off her Pikmin right before she left Distant Spring, too.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Azazell0 posted:

There are enemies that grab pikmin and plant them in the ground, and one was over water making it hard to fight. Then a blowhog, an enemy that scatters your pikmin, stalked her and kept loving her up as she tried to get a piece.

Also another enemy hosed up an out of bounds by clipping over terrain, something they'd hadn't seen before.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
PCull tweeted about being unable to sleep so get ready for his aladdin run to be close to jak levels of goofy

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Pikmin no longer needed to serve shall be culled :colbert:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Absolutely clowned Emperor Bulbax.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rorus Raz posted:

Pikmin 1 seems like a super fiddly game and I cannot imagine running it

I'd never think to do it, I love Pikmin but controlling all of them as they trip and do their own thing when they see grass would drive me up a wall. Too much random bullshit.

Cubey posted:

It isn't even errors, its enemies being as trolly as possible.

9 days single segment is still fuckin craziness, especially at a marathon.

She was leaving chunks of Pikmin left and right and forgetting what she was doing that the dude kept reminding her about early on.

I was hoping this was going to be in-line with the 100 Pikmin 9 Day Challenge, but then she started letting Pikmin die and that's rear end.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esYm9q-bi4w

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 9, 2016

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Tweet tweeeeeeeeeeeeet. :toot:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
"If everyone in chat would like to guess."

Yeah, about that. :v:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Back when I beat this game it took me a whole (in-game) day to open up the path to the final boss, a whole day to fight him, and a third day to collect the piggy bank, so that Final Trial just now was pretty tight.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Azazell0 posted:

It was on track to finish on time but all it took was two very, very bad enemy placements in the same area not even killing Pikmin but simply interrupting their movement for about ~30 seconds to completely trash the route.

8 days is considered the most marathon-safe and consistent route and even THAT'S still crazy volatile--Emily holds the 8 day WR

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

What crazy person speedruns Trauma Center :stare:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is 8 days the shortest amount of time you can beat it?

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Great Pikmin run. Fun and light, like Pikmin should be. KILLED Bulblax, like he should be.

Metroid Norfair music, yay!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Rorus Raz posted:

Saw some of the run in practice room, it will be nuts

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There's no time limit in pikmin 2. On my first playthrough I didn't get every treasure until after day 100 :shobon:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

that was a cool run, don't really understand except building a spaceship with free labour. Guess I'll have to play it myself to find out

I'm going to bed, hopefully will be up in time for Diablo 2

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Scrubs are fairly cheap to buy, C- on the cosplay :colbert:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Rorus Raz posted:

Don't worry. He's a doctor. :chef:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
It's probably due to me watching the stream during nights mostly, but the at-venue crowd has seemed a bit thinner this time around. :(

Also they're gonna be able to raise over $200,000 in one day, right? :ohdear:

• Locked thread