Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not that I know the ins and outs of Slavic culture but I read somewhere that Ivanka is actually the playful diminutive version of Ivana in kind of the same way that Jessie is the diminutive of Jessica, but Ivanka is more of a playful endearing childlike version of Ivana, that only close family would use. So basically Ivanka is walking around with a name that basically means "cute lil Ivana". Kinda funny and strange, I wonder why Ivana was ok with the name or if it's common to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Today's WSJ will feature a masterclass in analog clickbait:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Luckily the friend was wearing a Sheriff's badge, which jammed the lawnmower blades

This sounds like an anecdote you'd get from this election cycle if someone went back in time, and screwed with the timeline just enough that everything was slightly different but ultimately the same, like season six Lost or Fringe.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Vox Nihili posted:

I like being in [defensive alliance] but I hate that we have to [defend allies].

Sure, but maybe NATO shouldn't have expanded east? Seriously aside from wacky youtubes what benefit does estonia bring??

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
estonia should be a buffer, if russians get hungry they eat estonia and we make vaguely disapproving noises while openly not giving a poo poo about estonia

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Baloogan posted:

estonia should be a buffer, if russians get hungry they eat estonia and we make vaguely disapproving noises while openly not giving a poo poo about estonia

Spoken like someone who truly hates to win

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we won too much without thinking about things like buffer zones

the end of the cold war was much like the treaty of Versailles, we took too much.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

thats what ukraine was for

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ya and you loving idiot euros took ukraine in a coup

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

we took too much.

:sad:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

Would Ivanka be the first Jew on a major party ticket?

Oh wait Lieberman.

She decided to become a sheriff later in on life

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Baloogan posted:

ya and you loving idiot euros took ukraine in a coup

i didn't do poo poo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

i didn't do poo poo

this is where I'd say "ya well your elected officials did" but the EU is run by an undemocratic cabal of the ugliest people in europe without the input of u plebs

also congrats on brexit

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Jose posted:

i didn't do poo poo

C'mon Jose, we know you're deep cover FSB here to monitor anti-russian sentiment on these Very Important forums.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The RNC really is going to need a mosh pit. And what the gently caress happened to Twisted Sister performing anyway?

And if Mike Pence gets the nomination, I think that Beluga apostrophe s pet word needs to be promoted into the national dialogue, Zodiac Killer Style. Although it does have the hard r, which you would know if you actually grew up in Peckerwood country. Much to your credit, loogan.

And somebody change my name to Polar Bears or whatever.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

petit choux posted:

Although it does have the hard r, which you would know if you actually grew up in Peckerwood country. Much to your credit, loogan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uvJzr0zZvk

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pence is a MESS

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Reince is a WASTED

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Where's the schedule Trump! :argh:

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

jisforjosh posted:

Where's the schedule Trump! :argh:

Probably waiting on Ted Nugent or that lady from Northern Exposure to RSVP.

*edit* this lady http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/conservative-actress-tells-fox-darth-vader-is-black-because-its-in-the-bible-and-jesus-talks-about-it/

FetusSlapper fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 9, 2016

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Whats up with american nationalists and putin apologetics

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Whats up with american nationalists and putin apologetics

Putin is basically a Russian Trump that appeals to the whole macho strongman schtick that right wing types adore.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Tautologicus posted:

I'm short dickhole

Don't sign your posts

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

this is where I'd say "ya well your elected officials did" but the EU is run by an undemocratic cabal of the ugliest people in europe without the input of u plebs

also congrats on brexit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sooner trump causes this the better

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jose posted:

the sooner trump causes this the better

No way, jose

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Are there any active organizations looking to protest the RNC? Or is it just gonna be a poo poo show.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3681287/Police-officers-alert-nationwide-wake-Dallas-shooting.html

what we need is MORE TRUMP

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
we need less trump

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

we need less trump

dorkman i dunno why but you seem focused on trying my patience!!!!! and i have VERY LITTLE PATIENCE

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

wish we could go back to ignoring trump between birther tweets

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Epic High Five posted:

Oh yeah, when I mentioned that she brought it up on her terrible new show somebody bought a bunch with plans to short sell. I hope that worked out for them, was it you?

That was me. Bought about 150 at .08 and the market surged to .15 the next morning where I sold. Thanks again for the scoop!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ecEb4tEPic

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

donald trump set orange people back 200 years smdh

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Yeah, me your Peckerwood Whisperer. And the first thing you have to learn is to put away that fancy white liquor except for this: Jagermeister

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

donald trump set orange people back 200 years smdh

actually carrot top did that

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I will be your pecker Wood Whisperer till the end of time open parenthesis 4 bars from Foggy Mountain Breakdown close parentheses

Aaaaaaaaand POST!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Wow cool, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

• Locked thread