Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

yolandi posted:

How come well worn skins sometimes go for more than field tested or even minimal wear ones?
Some skins drop in a range that only include a very small percentage of well worn versions, so though they might be the worst in term of quality they are exceptionally rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Oh come on, I just saw a gun snap to an enemy through a wall on trigger pull. Even the commentators got silent.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

yolandi posted:

How come well worn skins sometimes go for more than field tested or even minimal wear ones?

I like well worn skins tbqh

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

EvilBeard posted:

Hiko let me d own. Luckily I had a pretty good day (393 points), back up to 4%.

I need all 23 points to hit gold in the pick'em, so I need all 3. I don't know if I should keep riding the Liquid train or if this is the stop to get off.

Christ, I can't believe it's only 67 points between 4% and 12%. I might still have a chance to get my second golden Fantasy Trophy in a row! Edward as Eco got me 121 points yesterday, btw

As for Pick'em, I only need 5 more for silver (which also means I can't get gold anymore) so I got SK and Fnatic today to lock that. Sorry USA, but I'll root for Team Liquid at Lanxess (along with 90% of the crowd, I'm sure) to make up for it. Love me a good underdog story.

Actually, if SK win the first I'll change my pick to Liquid since it'll be silver for me either way. :getin:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Elsa posted:

Oh come on, I just saw a gun snap to an enemy through a wall on trigger pull. Even the commentators got silent.

These hackers are out of control. They're hacking on computers that aren't even theirs now.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

EvilBeard posted:

These hackers are out of control. They're hacking on computers that aren't even theirs now.

Yeah I'd rather not play the sarcasm game. They get some access to the computer for things like mouse settings, and it's not in ESL's best interest to expose aimbotting.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

No one wants to play the this player is clearly cheating conspiracy theory game. The hltv.org forum is your best shot if you want to have that discussion. The rest of us are watching guys who play 12 hours a day every day at their absolute peak predicting what angles people are going to be on and doing it with a speed and accuracy we can understand but never really replicate even remotely consistently.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Elsa posted:

w-w-w-w-w-what!!! :eyepop:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Bohemian Nights posted:

w-w-w-w-w-what!!! :eyepop:

the spectator camera is some BS. The player shot someone in smoke, klled them, then kept pulling the trigger and the gun snapped to the next nearest enemy (also in the smoke) but that player was behind a wall.

To the smoke kill the commenters said "WOW how did he do tha--" and went silent when the gun snapped to the next enemy.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Elsa posted:

the spectator camera is some BS. The player shot someone in smoke, klled them, then kept pulling the trigger and the gun snapped to the next nearest enemy (also in the smoke) but that player was behind a wall.

To the smoke kill the commenters said "WOW how did he do tha--" and went silent when the gun snapped to the next enemy.

There are a few dozen explanations more plausible than the player in question using aim assitance, ranging from sound cues to comms to complete coincidence.

Also, there's a 0% chance of there being any ESL conspiracy to cover up players cheating

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Occasionally when I'm doing poorly I like to tell myself everyone is cheating but me and don't argue with this conforming lie until I remember where my meat tenderizer is

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Cheating discussion is peak Dunning-Kruger

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Spiros posted:

Occasionally when I'm doing poorly I like to tell myself everyone is cheating but me and don't argue with this conforming lie until I remember where my meat tenderizer is

Same except I assume they have better cheats than me

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Bohemian Nights posted:

There are a few dozen explanations more plausible than the player in question using aim assitance, ranging from sound cues to comms to complete coincidence.

Also, there's a 0% chance of there being any ESL conspiracy to cover up players cheating

I'd say this is something other than a zero percent chance. we might have to just agree to disagree.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
PLease post your rank, rws, sensitivty, most expensive skin and visual acuity before you make pro hackusations

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Elsa posted:

Goddamn!! You've exposed a cheating conspiracy. :vince:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I named my tenderizer "flusha"

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I guess if there are people cheating in matchmaking you can do it on a stage with your 4 teammates, manager, organisation, hundreds of thousands of observers, valve and the tournament people not noticing or caring

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Elsa posted:

Do I really have to explain again how tournament officials check equipment? How we spent hours building a locked down image, pushing the image to 40+ SSDs, all of the players equipment is checked in the day before groups start, none of the players touch the equipment without tournament officials there, all cellphones are collected after they log into steam.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Photex posted:

Do I really have to explain again how tournament officials check equipment? How we spent hours building a locked down image, pushing the image to 40+ SSDs, all of the players equipment is checked in the day before groups start, none of the players touch the equipment without tournament officials there, all cellphones are collected after they log into steam.

So you're saying its an inside job?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I love Taz so much

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

we got our 3 maps boys, let's hope for all 3.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Photex posted:

Yeah but did you ever think that it's not in ESL's interest to bust cheaters? :smugdog:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Elsa posted:

find the clip

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Theyre gonna have to go wake up JW soon because the schedule is getting pushed up

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Depths posted:

Theyre gonna have to go wake up JW soon because the schedule is getting pushed up

get the gimp

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i love all 4 teams remaining so this is a treat for me

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I think the most fun outcome would be a liquid vp final with vp winning. very low odds but man that would be the best because taz is the best

on that note dont jump through the window to taz

stump collector
May 28, 2007
sk needs an early time out this is pretty brutal

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

the only thing im cranky about is vp not willing to back out of the round when they obviously aren't getting the retake. They would have rifles this round if they did.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Goofballs posted:

the only thing im cranky about is vp not willing to back out of the round when they obviously aren't getting the retake. They would have rifles this round if they did.

i think snax should've thrown the awp over the wall before going for damage, he was pretty much committed after he followed taz into connector area

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Waking up just in time for VP to take it from 6-6 to 9-6. What a beautiful morning.

E: lol I didn't realize the last page of the thread was all about how pros are hacking. I guess it's good that new players are coming and talking in the thread though, keep the thread alive :)

surc fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 9, 2016

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo, VP has shown up to play! If they keep playing with this kind of confidence, this bo3 can get really interesting

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
god not this again.

where the guy who thinks flusha sneaks in corrupted headphones or conceals his cheats in a monster energy can or something?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Up Circle posted:

god not this again.

where the guy who thinks flusha sneaks in corrupted headphones or conceals his cheats in a monster energy can or something?

He keeps the REAL poo poo in his neck fat.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Well it's pretty obvious that k0nf1g has been playing like poo poo since he toggled off.

https://youtu.be/WYllUMj87d8

He's the only pro that I legitimately think cheats. At least online, anyway, since he is pretty bad to average on LAN.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 9, 2016

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nice A split by vp to tie it up

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
TaZ is the only player in the server with a positive KDR. Are we sure this is not a bunch of time travellers from 2010?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

VP are playing some insanely sick CS, even if they bomb out this is pretty drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Tell JW he can stay in bed for a little bit longer