Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Your Computer posted:

ha ha I was actually joking diablo 2 is a Good Old Game :beerpal:

Nah, it's a battle.net game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
also i still miss runewords

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I still remeber being like 13 or 14 and going to a compUSA and begging my mom to buy me DIablo 2 pretty much cause A) it was one of the few games in the Mac section b) the box art is so fuc king badass

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

I still remeber being like 13 or 14 and going to a compUSA and begging my mom to buy me DIablo 2 pretty much cause A) it was one of the few games in the Mac section b) the box art is so fuc king badass

oh cool is that overwatch

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress diablo 3, I don't even think I got to level 60. My rear end is still chapped over the aunction house debacle.

The AH owned

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I know this is from yetserday but I wanna say that Pikmin 2 is one of the best games I've ever played. This is only partly nostalgia talking :v:

3 is pretty good too.

pikmin is on eof the best game series and the next time they make a mario game it should be pikmin instead

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

D2 was my first online mp game too :)

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
oh, there's the arcane orbs

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

does anyone remember the first time they clicked.......the gem

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is he really reading twitch chat during this? I don't know if I should be impressed or horrified.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the intro for lord of destruction is incredibly epic. that shoulda been the donation goal.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah it's called "bad taste"

I think it just got too repetitive, 1 was shorter and 3 had better skill variety. I freely admit I'm in the minority, but this game just felt like it dragged on for me.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
#RepairTheGloves

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

there was (still is?) an unbelievably robust goon mod for D2LoD I forget the name of but it actually improves the game in a million "quality of life" ways. I was skeptical too but it's actually unbelievably fun and well thought out.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
they should do an 8-player run next year just to make the tech team cry.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This run doesn't seem very marathon friendly.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i remember ninjaing some leather green gloves off a guy in d2 and him getting really really pissed at me and going like "IF THOSE WERE THE so and so set GLOVES ILL loving KILL YOU" and i made fun of him then logged off then never bothered logging on again for that character

that perhaps is my greatest gaming sin

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the worst day of my entire loving life was when my best bro was running my level 24 barb through chaos sanctuary and his 77 s/s barb died to iron maiden from an oblivion knight.........we were playing hardcore :negative:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

this is an event with multiple jprg runs and that trials travesty dude.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

the worst day of my entire loving life was when my best bro was running my level 24 barb through chaos sanctuary and his 77 s/s barb died to iron maiden from an oblivion knight.........we were playing hardcore :negative:

gently caress iron maiden

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

beep by grandpa posted:

there was (still is?) an unbelievably robust goon mod for D2LoD I forget the name of but it actually improves the game in a million "quality of life" ways. I was skeptical too but it's actually unbelievably fun and well thought out.

Was it Median XL or Eastern Sun

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

He's playing normal, at worst he gets to spend an extra 5 minutes grinding his rear end on a boss.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Eastern Sun

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

that perhaps is my greatest gaming sin

Even better was when the meteor exploit was first discovered. Oh man the hardcore pubby tears.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Vakal posted:

Even better was when the meteor exploit was first discovered. Oh man the hardcore pubby tears.

Hahaha

I used to get friends on our necromancers and go into act 1 open games and we'd just stand around casting bone wall on everything cause boy were 2000 era PCs not equpiped to run D2 at all much less with a million bone walls rendered 1000 screens away making everyone's game essentially freeze

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So, my first time thru D2 was on an untwinked Bowazon, doing SP. Suffice to say I fuckin' hate Duriel with a passion even today.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Wait til they get to the 4 hour Final Fantasy VI run!

Of course they already spent 4 hours on Zelda OoT as well...ban non-action RPGs from GDQs forever (I'd say all RPGs but some of the Souls games have dope runs...I wish DS1 Sorcery All Bosses got run sometime just because it has some crazy skips and bossfights are SO different from how 99% of players saw them).

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

D2 is why people my age hate koreans

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is an event with multiple jprg runs and that trials travesty dude.

I meant more because of the amount of resetting due to bad RNG. He seems to be doing fine now though.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
they should stop running OOT bc its not a very good game, like super mario 64 and every ps1 game

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
woooo Goontopia

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
rpgs are fine but only if they can be completed in like an hour, otherwise yikes

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

I meant more because of the amount of resetting due to bad RNG. He seems to be doing fine now though.

you were way too quick on the draw there. let the man work.

Also when I was 14 I had an insanely clever name I made up for the Maggot Lair, a level everyone hates doing and is prob the worst part of the game for certain classes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Maggot Lair fuckin' suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks butt juice

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

you were way too quick on the draw there. let the man work.

Also when I was 14 I had an insanely clever name I made up for the Maggot Lair, a level everyone hates doing and is prob the worst part of the game for certain classes.

more like mag NOT lair right

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

no i don't think that was it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I liked the part in diablo 3 where every single end of act villain takes a minute to stand in front of you and tell yo utheir entire evil plan and then run away laughing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

diablo 3 is equally as mindless and boring as 2 and I like both games

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Is Diablo 2 basically Gauntlet the RPG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011