Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

He'll have about 10 seconds on them at the finish I think.

+10 bonus

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Skarsnik posted:

That was amazing

yeah you can't gently caress with that, fair play to him.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao I literally cannot believe I've just seen Froome attack on a descent and win a stage.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Well, chapeau to Froome. I can't talk poo poo about him given the loving balls he showed.

I can talk poo poo about the entire rest of the peloton for being a bunch of sissies.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He attacked the peak and they just let him.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
You have to hand it to him, he corrected his main weakness and in a frankly hilarious fashion.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

Someone tell me how to capture the eurosport player so I can get a clip of Quintana and Valverde yelling at each other.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

goatface posted:

It was a brilliant plan, they thought he was just going for mountain points and would sit up at the top

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Froome is... good and cool?

Actually I kind of like this newfound "gently caress you, I'll do all the things you say I can't do and win that way eat poo poo haters" Froome approach. What's happening to me :ohdear:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He looks like he had the time of his life doing that.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
And in the post-race interview he just said he didn't even plan to do that. What the gently caress.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

paperwind posted:

And in the post-race interview he just said he didn't even plan to do that. What the gently caress.

No that was meticulously planned up to and including saying it wasn't planned

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

paperwind posted:

He was looking behind himself a lot for the first few corners and I think he was expecting to get caught really quickly, but when he wasn't he just tried to stick it.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

It was a brilliant plan, they thought he was just going for mountain points and would sit up at the top

I wonder if that's what beating Majka to the points on the previous climb was about

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're going to be wary of attacking him on descents now too which is also funny a.f

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They better start fighting for it somewhere.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Thanks peloton for ruining the tour already IMO.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
A moment of silence for all the mamils that will ruin their nutsacks trying to do that tomorrow.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

serious gaylord posted:

A moment of silence for all the mamils that will ruin their nutsacks trying to do that tomorrow.

Im riding with "the funny group" tomorrow and we will definitely be doing it. I already have kids so...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Cav just about caught the group of other sprinters but apparently they still didnt make the time cut. We'll see if the tour are going to cut 30 riders.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/CyclingHubTV/status/751803200404131840/video/1

Lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Froome being interesting what is the world coming to.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they upped his testosterone dose.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Anyone else notice Quintana grabbing a water bottle at the top, presumably to gain weight for the descent? Ideally it'd be filled with lead.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

wide stance posted:

Anyone else notice Quintana grabbing a water bottle at the top, presumably to gain weight for the descent? Ideally it'd be filled with lead.

This is the dumbest post I've ever seen.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He can't get hot or thirsty, he's from altitude.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

glyph posted:

Why

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
He tossed it immediately.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://youtu.be/VZb7XFVBVbU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Because, I dunno, maybe you might be legitimately thirsty after clearing a cat 1 climb? They're kind of a big deal.

And because he chucked it as soon as he saw Froomey didn't sit up.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

paperwind posted:

That descent was as rehearsed as a royal wedding.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
What the hell is going on... Chris Froome is being awesome????

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Withnail posted:

That descent was as rehearsed as a royal wedding.

He probably thought he'd have to chase someone.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

glyph posted:

Uh Jean Robic used to do exactly that, learn your history

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Maybe the peloton collectively thought, "Froome attacking the descent? He's going to overcook a corner or crash for sure. Let's just take it easy guys."

Well, you can't loving let him get away anywhere now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
200 CHF fine for Froome for punching the dude. You get more for pissing in the wrong place lmao.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
I mean, he's only got 23 seconds and its not nearly as demoralizing as him just dominating an early mountain stage like in the last two tours he won. In those cases it was just clear he was in a class beyond the others... while that may still be the case here this stage didn't prove that by any means.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

200 CHF fine for Froome for punching the dude. You get more for pissing in the wrong place lmao.

If I was making that kind of money I'd be punching at least one obnoxious fan per stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
As much as I hate those fans, I think the punch in the face was a little overboard and very unSagan.