Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Diablo 2 has aged like a bag of Chinese food left out in the sun for a season. Roll that poo poo into the trashcan alongside idiots that still think it's a passable game and not some moldy relic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Moo. Hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahah lmao

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Nohman posted:

Diablo 2 has aged like a bag of Chinese food left out in the sun for a season. Roll that poo poo into the trashcan alongside idiots that still think it's a passable game and not some moldy relic.

:eyepop:

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

i too have strong opinions on this game.

:glomp:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

whew diablo 2 is done hopefully no more uber dork white knighting

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

voltcatfish posted:

there's no knight in d2

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

voltcatfish posted:

I'm sorry but the next game is Pokémon Red

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I like diablo 2 and diablo 3 and I can understand why other people don't.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MooCowlian posted:

I like diablo 2 and diablo 3 and I can understand why other people don't.

:allbuttons:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I'm sorry but the next game is Pokémon Red

gen 1 is the worst generation

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Diablo 2 and that run were both really good~

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

That run was pretty boring, but I've never played any Diablos. Now let's catch some tiny animals.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
2 hours of Pokemon ugh oof barf, 30 minute platformers only please, what a garbage marathon

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Dezinus posted:

2 hours of Pokemon ugh oof barf, 30 minute platformers only please, what a garbage marathon

This but unironically

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Is glitchless red actually glitchless or OOT "glitchless"?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
moo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think its hot

:heysexy:

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
Just caught up but glad to see nobody was really making GBS threads on the slim commentary. Talking while typing is impossible :(

D2 is a fun game that imo aged okay, but I dont think that came through in the run. A lot of the fun (exploration, party play, loot runs, gimmick builds) got bypassed. Either way I cant really think of an arpg that would make a better run.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
EIGHT PLAYER DO IT

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

furry drum circle posted:

Just caught up but glad to see nobody was really making GBS threads on the slim commentary. Talking while typing is impossible :(

D2 is a fun game that imo aged okay, but I dont think that came through in the run. A lot of the fun (exploration, party play, loot runs, gimmick builds) got bypassed. Either way I cant really think of an arpg that would make a better run.

Planescape: Torment speedrun?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elliotw2 posted:

Pokémon runs are always all routing and "glitch" runs destroy the game, so...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elliotw2 posted:

you can beat the game fairly fast by careful pokemon management and such, its prob actually glitchless

now why they think anyone wants to see this is beyond me, red and blue are both fairly just, poor games in all kinds of respects for speedruns

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mandatory lesbian posted:

now why they think anyone wants to see this is beyond me, red and blue are both fairly just, poor games in all kinds of respects for speedruns

It's fun to see a game you played a lot get played real fast. Pokémon runs are also always teethering in the brink of implosion, I have no idea how anyone runs that poo poo.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

you can beat the game fairly fast by careful pokemon management and such, its prob actually glitchless

yeah this is why i was asking

Oh, I didn't realize it was a 4 way race for two and a half hours

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Only thing I know of Pokemons is the original cartoon. Maybe I'm too old or something. :(

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
my walmart has a couple d2 battlechests still.

As far as arpgs go I think a Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 speedrun would be cool

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

At least it's not a 9 hour Final Fantasy like in past marathons (yet)

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Show me the DoomRL speedrun

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
ExtraTricky with the Negaverse version of the run.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

Show me the DoomRL speedrun

ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFk9Ihw00JM

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I love pokemon but uh glitchless pokemon is not a very fun to watch speedrun.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I think this might be a bit more fun if half the runners were on red and the other half were on blue.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm not sure why I didn't realize all the long runs are intentionally backloaded for the final day

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

At least it's not a 9 hour Final Fantasy like in past marathons (yet)

I think it was in last years' ESA (European Speedster Assembly) they had two streams going on all the time, and one of them showed a Final Fantasy IX "speedrun" which was something like 9 hours. It was surprisingly entertaining, though, to pop in every once in a while. There were two guys running it and one guy giving commentary about the game and the series.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If you aren't rooting for extratricky purely based on his pallette choice, you done hosed up

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

The commentator is nice to listen to at least.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Azazell0 posted:

I think it was in last years' ESA (European Speedster Assembly) they had two streams going on all the time, and one of them showed a Final Fantasy IX "speedrun" which was something like 9 hours. It was surprisingly entertaining, though, to pop in every once in a while. There were two guys running it and one guy giving commentary about the game and the series.

If it's not the only thing on, fair enough. If it is? Yeah...

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
FF9 was at AGDQ 2013, I think, where SpikeVegeta and puwexil ran it. If I remember right they split it up into two parts so it wasn't just 10 straight hours of the same game

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I hope the guy with inverted screen colors loses because that's really irritating to look at for 2 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also there are still a gently caress load of people there for this being the final day of the marathon and there only being like 8 runs left

• Locked thread