Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

oldpainless posted:

I suppose one way of escaping racism is to move to a country that is 90% alike

oldpainless more like oldclueless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

SkinCrawling
Oct 9, 2012

I hate this gif because the scene is misquoted, and the episode where it's from is actually a major example of the fake quote.

It's a giant "If MLK was alive today he would be ASHAMED at the STUPID UNGRATEFUL GOOD-FOR-NOTHING BLACK PEOPLE". He even has a speech about it and it's completely sincere.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

EDIT: Have some more regular idiots that are funny instead of depressing:

"I spent $2600 just on games for this terrible console."

Admiral Joeslop has a new favorite as of 02:47 on Jul 9, 2016

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Little do they know that King defended riots as "the language of the unheard" (in the sense of "Fix what's causing the drat riots", not "Go out and riot until everything is solved") and was also a gun owner who advocated the ownership of weapons among blacks for protection from racially motivated violence.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SkinCrawling posted:

I hate this gif because the scene is misquoted, and the episode where it's from is actually a major example of the fake quote.

It's a giant "If MLK was alive today he would be ASHAMED at the STUPID UNGRATEFUL GOOD-FOR-NOTHING BLACK PEOPLE". He even has a speech about it and it's completely sincere.

It's a little bit different here because the two writers of the show are both black, and they're both well versed in modern day African-American culture. That being said, I agree with you that nobody should put words into MLK's mouth.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

This guy is awesome.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Hrm....open carrying an absurd weapon during a racially charged protest. Would could go wr.....OH THAT. THAT COULD GO WRONG. EXACTLY THAT COULD GO WRONG.

I saw this on imgur with the most imgur loving description:

quote:

FP Edit: Wow thanks for the love! Where da boobs? Also, he took care of my cat tax that's why there isn't a picture.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

:same:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

wait what?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Girls will let me have sex with them, but those bitches wont let me use their phone.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

chitoryu12 posted:

Italy put Silvio Berlusconi in power and has its own far-right groups.

In fact, you get to pick between cities controlled by fascists and cities controlled by organized crime (being a fascist itself is supposed to be a crime but :shrug: "they actually have good points on the condition of the common man" literally says a report by the - 99% fascist - police)

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ularg posted:

I saw this on imgur with the most imgur loving description:

Imgur is absolutely disgusting again after the recent events.

E: at least a couple posts later someone took the effort to debunk it

http://imgur.com/gallery/aWuM1

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

[snip]

E: at least a couple posts later someone took the effort to debunk it

http://imgur.com/gallery/aWuM1

The best/worst thing is that they adjusted for population size the wrong way around. :allears: If you divide the white population size by the black one, you'll find that there about 5.2 times as many white people as black people. So yes, black criminals committing 5 times as many violent crimes against white victims is literally exactly in line with that, since there are 5.2 times as many potential white victims around than there are black ones. But evidently that didn't fit with the graphic's narrative, so the creator just switched things around and hoped nobody would notice.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can only manage to reply to any of these posts with "Stop using tragedies for your politics", adding in insults depending on how bullshit the post was. Is it really so hard to not go on a gun rights rant every time some rear end in a top hat shoots a bunch of people?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I like that putting 'Fact: ' before a statement automatically means that you don't need to reference/backup your data

Fact: Ratjac is the best poster

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Ratjaculation posted:

Well poo poo, I didn't know that! Honored to meet you, fellow mastergoon!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ratjaculation posted:

I like that putting 'Fact: ' before a statement automatically means that you don't need to reference/backup your data

We need a new argument Fallacy for that. Like whenever people try to make an assumption of truth: "We ALL know that BLM hates police and..." and so on.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ularg posted:

We need a new argument Fallacy for that. Like whenever people try to make an assumption of truth: "We ALL know that BLM hates police and..." and so on.

We basically had that sort of talk the other day with the leader of the racist Swedish Democrats stating that "we KNOW that new asylum seekers are responsible for the rapes that has happened on some of the latest weeks' festivals (contrary to what local police had said). When asked for evidence for this stance he kept referring to the police (that had debunked his statements) and eventually called the journalist silly for still asking for solid proof other than racist stereotyping.

This happened on national television. I honestly can't believe it hasn't been a bigger deal because the interview is cringeworthy and hilarious at the same time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

BigglesSWE posted:

We basically had that sort of talk the other day with the leader of the racist Swedish Democrats stating that "we KNOW that new asylum seekers are responsible for the rapes that has happened on some of the latest weeks' festivals (contrary to what local police had said). When asked for evidence for this stance he kept referring to the police (that had debunked his statements) and eventually called the journalist silly for still asking for solid proof other than racist stereotyping.

This happened on national television. I honestly can't believe it hasn't been a bigger deal because the interview is cringeworthy and hilarious at the same time.

It's really weird to me that I only ever hear two things about Sweden as an American. Either how great the country is or how some of the people there are really racist.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ularg posted:

It's really weird to me that I only ever hear two things about Sweden as an American. Either how great the country is or how some of the people there are really racist.

Sweden IS a great country to live in. But there are tons of racists, and the third biggest party in riksdagen is basically well dressed nazis.

I guess I'm part of the problem, since I just said what you always hear about us. Jesus Sweden, make up your mind.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

BigglesSWE posted:

Sweden IS a great country to live in. But there are tons of racists, and the third biggest party in riksdagen is basically well dressed nazis.

I guess I'm part of the problem, since I just said what you always hear about us. Jesus Sweden, make up your mind.

If it makes you feel better your country is beautiful and I wish to visit it one day.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ularg posted:

If it makes you feel better your country is beautiful and I wish to visit it one day.

I'm happy to hear it. I think nationalism is a very outdated idea in such a global society as ours but I really love my life here. Stockholm is beautiful and there's plenty to do. Hope you'll make it one day!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nationalism is probably worse in England and France so don't feel too bad!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Also worse in North Korea and Japan

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Can't we just agree that blatant nationalism as a whole is just the worst?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Ularg posted:

I think "Appeal to Truthiness" would work fine.
Or if you didn't want to explain what truthiness is you could call it "hanging your coat on an imaginary hook."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Hmm yes surely six emojis rubbing their chins thoughtfully improves my argument

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

oldpainless posted:

Hmm yes surely six emojis rubbing their chins thoughtfully improves my argument

I like that their argument is basically, "if somebody has no social media presence are they a real person?"

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Fathis Munk posted:

Jesus, that's an old Stormfront copy/paste that's been floating around forever. As sad as Imgur is, I didn't expect to see Stormfront poo poo getting to the front page :(

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Girls will let me have sex with them, but those bitches wont let me use their phone.

I'm pretty sure it's "my girlfriend locks her phone and I don't trust her cause all girls are sluts so I'm pretty sure she's loving other dudes"

When obviously he was trying to creep on her phone in the first place, cause doubting your SO to the point of spying on their private poo poo is healthy and good

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

hyperhazard posted:

Jesus, that's an old Stormfront copy/paste that's been floating around forever. As sad as Imgur is, I didn't expect to see Stormfront poo poo getting to the front page :(

Did you expect anything else from an outgrowth of Reddit

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I think that picture gets posted every time there's a cop shooting a black man. Usually gets on the front page.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

BigglesSWE posted:

Everytime I bring up Sweden as a country that is run right my dad responds that it is run by anti-Semitic neo-nazis. I'm not even sure where he gets that from.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Madkal posted:

Everytime I bring up Sweden as a country that is run right my dad responds that it is run by anti-Semitic neo-nazis. I'm not even sure where he gets that from.

http://i.imgur.com/0u3Dj2p.gifv

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
I'm not an expert on race relations in the United States, but really? Were there no other alternatives? Could they not think of any other black people in this country?

"Who should we talk to?"
"I want The Game to sign my asscheeks"
"Sold, get him on the negotiating table."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Snoop Lion is universally beloved by all Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Madkal posted:

It's not run by them, but they sure are trying to get there.