Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

maniacdevnull posted:

Oh wait that's the other guys saying

no it's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Millstone posted:

This guy was getting sued but I guess he's not now idk

https://youtu.be/F7N254MTA4Q

it's good he's getting not getting sued, maybe he can turn down the persecution complex by a few bits

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a lot of good poo poo on band camp but I don't think its a very good site when I just want some background music for driving or a party or whatever, which Spotify is great at.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i'm liking the american primitivism station on Google Play Music

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i used to subscribe to spotify but the interface irritated me so i switched to apple music. its ui and general functionality is emphatically much worse than spotify, but i dont care enough to change back

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

ahmeni posted:

it's good he's getting not getting sued, maybe he can turn down the persecution complex by a few bits

his update today said he got a letter from apple's lawyers saying there's 'some issue' with a schematic he posted and that they're 'big fans of the channel'.

this came in the form of a 24 minute video because he can never get to the loving point

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Millstone posted:

his update today said he got a letter from apple's lawyers saying there's 'some issue' with a schematic he posted and that they're 'big fans of the channel'.

this came in the form of a 24 minute video because he can never get to the loving point

mad?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I don't know who you're talking about.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

kalstrams posted:

thanks for ruining it

i'll kiss you on the mouth too if you like

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

atomicthumbs posted:

i'm liking the american primitivism station on Google Play Music

oh neat when did they add election coverage to google play music

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ahmeni posted:

oh neat when did they add election coverage to google play music

:prepop:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:supaburn:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

there better be a jerking off gesture with hands

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mishaq posted:

there better be a jerking off gesture with hands

eventually!

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Does ios 10 let you set default apps yet or what? Work wants me to get a ios or samsung knox and honestly ios would be preferable to sarnsang

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

maniacdevnull posted:

Does ios 10 let you set default apps yet or what? Work wants me to get a ios or samsung knox and honestly ios would be preferable to sarnsang

The default ones are the ones Apple makes, why would you want anything else?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

maniacdevnull posted:

no, and i don't know why u would want 2

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Lol nice trolls but seriously how do i get gmaps and inbox as the defaults?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maniacdevnull posted:

Lol nice trolls but seriously how do i get gmaps and inbox as the defaults?

download the google maps app and gmail app and press on any link in safari and choose open in google maps or gmail when you press things.

or just set up your gmail account on your phone. maps has problems from time to time, though. I still haven't got them to correct a road that has been demolished years ago. even their satellite imagery shows that they're trying to get me to drive through a park.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mr. Nice! posted:

maps has problems from time to time, though. I still haven't got them to correct a road that has been demolished years ago. even their satellite imagery shows that they're trying to get me to drive through a park.

Actually,

lol what poo poo, gmaps had a new toll highway literally the day it opened to traffic. crapple lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

maniacdevnull posted:

Actually,

lol what poo poo, gmaps had a new toll highway literally the day it opened to traffic. crapple lol

thats where that waze acquisition and user created content come in handy, i think apple just licenses traffic data from waze so they dont get the sweet updates

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

google maps begged me to tell it what the most efficient route was before it would start navigation last night lmao.

i was like how the gently caress do i know? ive never been there, that's why im using maps

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Last Chance posted:

google maps begged me to tell it what the most efficient route was before it would start navigation last night lmao.

i was like how the gently caress do i know? ive never been there, that's why im using maps

pretty cool stdh.txt post here brother. Google Maps has never been anything other than totally flawless, perfect, and ownage. It has never bugged, glitched, or crashed. It's easily the best navigation software on earth.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
iAilure Megacorp White Knight Idiot: Dlerrggghhh ffhhhhaaaa teh ANrOiD became alive and drawed a swastica on my balls and called me VERY mean names. Then the software turned into a BITCOIN BOMB and blew off my hand., IT SUCKS!!

Normal Guy: Pretty unlikely story, dude.

iAilure Megacorp White Knight Idiot: :supaburn: I HATE ANDROID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

once in the mapquest days i printed out some directions to a rural location. it said that it didn't have the specific address but could place a waypoint within 500 feet of the location

got to the end of the directions and the house was indeed about 300 feet away, across a small river

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sagebrush posted:

once in the mapquest days i printed out some directions to a rural location. it said that it didn't have the specific address but could place a waypoint within 500 feet of the location

got to the end of the directions and the house was indeed about 300 feet away, across a small river

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Fjord it, Bitch.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

zen death robot posted:

A few days ago Apple Maps told me to get back on the highway I just got off of because it was confused that the office building I was going to was way back off the street in a complex and closer to the highway than the road I needed to be on to get into the parking lot area

just drive off the freeway overpass like the first apple maps icon suggests

Smythe posted:

Fjord it, Bitch.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

appy maps has been needs suiting lately so idk what to think. like I tell it to take me home and it doesnt get too fucky. it even got a roundabout right and that was loving strange to experience

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

the imgur app is such a piece of loving poo poo. there's no way for me to get the direct link to the god damned image i just uploaded without sitting down at my computer.

anyways, here's what I spent the last 10 loving minutes trying to post from my couch. just gonna go offroading through the park thanks maps.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my first and last experience with apple maps was when it helpfully suggested that i had arrived at my destination and all that remained was to park my vehicle and walk to my destination

this was while i was on an off ramp

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

Last Chance posted:

? there's nothing at all like this in google maps

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

the imgur app is such a piece of loving poo poo. there's no way for me to get the direct link to the god damned image i just uploaded without sitting down at my computer.

anyways, here's what I spent the last 10 loving minutes trying to post from my couch. just gonna go offroading through the park thanks maps.

Oddly the imgur mobile site is good as hell in my xp

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

Oddly the imgur mobile site is good as hell in my xp

the mobile site is fine, the app sucks though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

dazjw posted:

? there's nothing at all like this in google maps

when I gave it an address it showed two routes, picked one by default and a green bar at the bottom of the screen that had a thumbs up button with the chosen route info next to it.

just tapped the thumbs up because i had no idea which was better

• Locked thread