Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Nazareth posted:

I'm not an expert on race relations in the United States, but really? Were there no other alternatives? Could they not think of any other black people in this country?

Now I'm picturing Cornel West just sitting by the phone twiddling his thumbs. "Any second now," he says to no one in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Nazareth posted:

I'm not an expert on race relations in the United States, but really? Were there no other alternatives? Could they not think of any other black people in this country?

"Who should we talk to?"
"I want The Game to sign my asscheeks"
"Sold, get him on the negotiating table."

Wait...

oldpainless posted:

Snoop Lion is universally beloved by all Americans.

Can I call a false flag operation on this? What are they trying to hide?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Here's a light hearted submission in the face of all the BLM/Dallas posts:

Dude's maybe 30. Just harumphing about "Kids my age". I'm not sure who he's trying to impress.

Oh and a few posts lower:

So yeah. I've been seeing more and more friends posting about last evening runs/bike trips/Rollerblading adventures around their cities and towns finding pokemon, joining up with random groups of people, and going to monuments, parks, and other places they've never bothered to check out before just to play this game.

Hell, I've probably added 2-3km of walking to my daily schedule just so I can keep up with the Pokemon gym that's at my work getting rushed every day.

Nintendo basically made a skinner box for exercise to get kids out of the house and going places and meeting people. But no, because millenials.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Perestroika posted:

The best/worst thing is that they adjusted for population size the wrong way around. :allears: If you divide the white population size by the black one, you'll find that there about 5.2 times as many white people as black people. So yes, black criminals committing 5 times as many violent crimes against white victims is literally exactly in line with that, since there are 5.2 times as many potential white victims around than there are black ones. But evidently that didn't fit with the graphic's narrative, so the creator just switched things around and hoped nobody would notice.

I promise you that the intended audience for that graphic did not notice.

I have a friend who never believes any direct information or evidence. To him, literally everything has to follow some complicated route to be true. Edward Snowden was a plant, because there's no way some IT goof could ever have walked out of government installations with that kind of information. I pointed out that like twice in the previous year, we'd seen stories about government employees just walking out with laptops full of secret information and leaving them on buses and poo poo. He sort of goes, "Yes ...," then goes right back to making the same argument he'd been making, with no modification to incorporate the new information. Trump is a Democrat plant, because he is super-tight friends with Hillary, and he is just in the race to guarantee that she wins. Basic math is all wrong when talking about racial statistics. Griffe du Lion, though, who chops and manipulates numbers every which way to get to his conclusions - which are ALWAYS "black people bad" - is someone to be trusted. It's infuriating, because he is not that loving stupid. He knows better. To be fair, he does have some mental issues that explain some degree of his paranoia, and his belief that everything is shadier than it looks, but even with that considered: he should know better.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think it's just a skin for Ingress. It's a smart idea because some of the people that play Ingress really get into it and it's definitely a social thing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mu Zeta posted:

I think it's just a skin for Ingress. It's a smart idea because some of the people that play Ingress really get into it and it's definitely a social thing.

I play ingress, and I really don't understand the social aspect of it... I tried a couple gatherings, and it was like walking with a tour group that never looked up. Afterwards at the pub was fun, though, so now I just show up after the ops to drink.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
My ancestors should have just stayed in Sweden. :smith:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm pretty sure it's "my girlfriend locks her phone and I don't trust her cause all girls are sluts so I'm pretty sure she's loving other dudes"

When obviously he was trying to creep on her phone in the first place, cause doubting your SO to the point of spying on their private poo poo is healthy and good

EVERYONE LOCKS THEIR GODDAMN PHONE. I don't know anyone who doesn't lock their phone. This guy has the dumbest argument.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Midnight Voyager posted:

EVERYONE LOCKS THEIR GODDAMN PHONE. I don't know anyone who doesn't lock their phone. This guy has the dumbest argument.

I don't, why would I. The only time I let it lie around is if I'm with people I trust anyways. And if it gets lost stolen, people who'd really want to get in would probably get in anyways.

Also I'm way to lazy to input a code to unlock it :v:

E: I do agree tho that if someone locks their phone that's no reason to be mad at them or anything. Who cares.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
I've made a mess trying to get screenshots, but #WhitePrivilegeMeans has plenty of content that fits this thread.

e: Twitter seems to be loving up on my phone.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
The only people I know that lock their phones do it because they have kids that love to play with them. Seems like a pretty legit reason.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

This (and a another similar one) popped up on my news feed too, and I couldn't wrap my head around it. It doesn't even make sense compared most false flag posts. Like what are the options?

1. The police, whose biggest fault is arguably supporting everyone (including the absolute worst) in their ranks, decided to kill 5 of their own so they could continue to wantonly kill more black people even though the general narrative is already on their side.

2. The military, going all the way up to President Obama, staged it to... I don't know, militarize local police forces maybe even though narrative is on their side?

3. A white guy did it, so over the span of a couple hours, local police and the US government conspired to either find an MIA black man in the Dallas area to pin it on and get his family to go along with it or completely manufacture an identity with birth certificates, SSN, military service records, etc. And the reason was...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I don't think they actually care about the phone.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Midnight Voyager posted:

I don't

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yeah pretty sure it's more along the Iines of "why won't these women that are up for casual fun let me see every text and call they make because I'm a jealous insecure bastard."

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
See, I thought it was just "Women today leave their phone locked and legs open lol what sluts amirite?"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Congrats to this thread for making me feel paranoid because I lock my phone

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I lock my phone with a simple pattern because sometimes you butt-/pocket unlock through a swipe.

I am pretty slutty though, so.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why do you sit on your phone

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My phone takes pictures just by touching the screen. If I didn't use a lock screen, I'd have ten thousand pictures of the inside of my purse.

I'm also a huge slut, of course.

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?
I lock my phone because it contains a huge amount of personal information, not only my own but other people's as well. I have a lot of texts from friends who are confiding in me and discussing really personal or embarrassing things and I would never forgive myself if someone got ahold of my phone and read those messages. There's some really personal stuff in there.

If my husband/boyfriend/whatever wanted to access my phone I'd laugh him out of the room. I have a right to privacy whether I'm single or not, and I wouldn't want to be with someone who can't trust me anyway.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

remigious posted:

The only people I know that lock their phones do it because they have kids that love to play with them. Seems like a pretty legit reason.

I mean, I put the fingerprint lock on my iPhone cause it just prompted me when I first got it and I was like "yeah fine". Then it asked for a code as back up and whatever.

I think that's most people with an iPhone's reason for having a lock.

Didn't do that when I had an android.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Vanellope posted:

I lock my phone because it contains a huge amount of personal information, not only my own but other people's as well. I have a lot of texts from friends who are confiding in me and discussing really personal or embarrassing things and I would never forgive myself if someone got ahold of my phone and read those messages. There's some really personal stuff in there.

If my husband/boyfriend/whatever wanted to access my phone I'd laugh him out of the room. I have a right to privacy whether I'm single or not, and I wouldn't want to be with someone who can't trust me anyway.

but are you a slut

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Vanellope posted:

I know my partner's lock code for the sole purpose of calling my phone when I lose it in the couch ten times a day. And for when we answers the other person's texts because they are busy or can't touch their phone. And because I guess I have my work email on their which contains client information that I could be fired for if it got out.

And also I'm a slut.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
And also when we drive together and I need her to route my GPS app, or vice versa. I am also an insatiable man whore

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Mu Zeta posted:

Why do you sit on your phone

some of my clients request that. Don't kink shame.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I lock my phone but if anyone I know needs to access it I'll just tell them my code because I trust them not to access my private stuff.

Same for my legs really.

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

NachtSieger posted:

but are you a slut
Yes, absolutely. Sorry I forgot to mention it on my previous post.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess I just know paranoid sluts, then. The only reason I lock mine is to keep it from taking pictures of the inside of my bags or accidentally opening apps or whatever.

And that I'm a slut, of course.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am a slut, and I send tons and tons of pictures of my dick to other sluts.

Plus it's basically a window into my whole private life and that of all my loved ones? TBH it's sort of weird to me to NOT lock your phone.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

My phone unlocks itself for anyone who picks it up, it's pretty slutty that way.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Why wouldn't you lock your phone? Mine is logged into Facebook and Google, that's basically my entire identity right there, what with my emails and such.

Also, the only dick pics sent on this device shall be to young men I intend, drat it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The only thing I lock is the front door because I'm not a slut. But I do have sex with lots of random strangers.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Literally the only thing on my phone is hundreds of pics of my shriveled, flaccid micropenis.

Of course the loving thing is locked. Can't have any of you sluts seeing that.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

SA: nothing but phone-locking sluts.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
When I used to work in middle schools, all the girls locked their phones and that was before we even had fingerprint sensors.

None of the guys locked their phones.

I'm sure there's some kind of gender bias implicated there.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Bwiiip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAA067d0t5w

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Why are they so naked? Also why are they so shredded? What's their work out routine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scathach posted:

SA: nothing but phone-locking sluts.

Not a bad way to be.