Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Playing a Game Boy game on a Game Boy Color allows you to set a variety of palettes on the GBC BIOS boot screen by pressing different combinations of the D-Pad and the face buttons. Inverted is one of them.

They are playing on Game Boy Players, which are GBAs, which have GBCs built in if you play a GB/C game.

Cool! Thanks for the explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Eonwe posted:

free peaches

What happened to Peaches? Is he permabanned after being drunk that one year?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
X Accuracy removes Horn Drill missing?? The gently caress?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Tae posted:

X Accuracy removes Horn Drill missing?? The gently caress?

gen1.txt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

s.i.r.e. posted:

What happened to Peaches? Is he permabanned after being drunk that one year?

yes, may he rest in peaches

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

you dont have to run a glitch% run of pokemon rby because rby is already glitched to hell whether you want it or not

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Quest For Glory II posted:

you dont have to run a glitch% run of pokemon rby because rby is already glitched to hell whether you want it or not

glitch% is more "completely corrupt the game%", really.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

aww dammit I slept through D2 :(

Oh well I don't have any love for Pokemon so I'll just catch up on it now

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I had no idea you could use pokeflute to wake your duders up

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Managing my PP is something I do often, sometimes multiple times a day.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Indecisive posted:

since they saved all the worst runs for today

I will hear no slights against Trauma Center and Child of Light. :colbert:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
This is a way closer race than I had expected.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like how these runners justify my childhood attachment to the King of Nidos and his ability to cover every single elemental weakness.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

props to the girl singing during Aladdin, it actually sounded better than I thought it would

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Pidgit

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like how one out of every three things out of the mouth of the commentator is "there's a chance..."

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Dias posted:

I like how these runners justify my childhood attachment to the King of Nidos and his ability to cover every single elemental weakness.
I got super into netbattle one summer and I made a janky as gently caress NK build with something like earthquake, thunder bolt, icebeam, and flamethrower and i'd catch scrubs left and right thinking I was trying to choiceband earthquake with 4x bolts or beams.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
That Selfdestruct...

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

It's nice to see that the 1000000 is turning into a standard, it looks like

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

god drat, hearing the original Tristram theme. It's too bad Diablo 1 runs are so fast

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ArbitraryC posted:

I got super into netbattle one summer and I made a janky as gently caress NK build with something like earthquake, thunder bolt, icebeam, and flamethrower and i'd catch scrubs left and right thinking I was trying to choiceband earthquake with 4x bolts or beams.

I wish netbattles weren't just you vs some kid with six legendaries because Nidoking is basically the textbook definition of an underrated pokemon.

Also I really like the pink/yellow instagram filter on the top-right screen, if you could make Gold/Solver look like that I'd totally go back and play it

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Aces High posted:

god drat, hearing the original Tristram theme. It's too bad Diablo 1 runs are so fast

Huh? I thought there was just a D2 run

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I wish netbattles weren't just you vs some kid with six legendaries because Nidoking is basically the textbook definition of an underrated pokemon.

Also I really like the pink/yellow instagram filter on the top-right screen, if you could make Gold/Solver look like that I'd totally go back and play it
I mean like the netbattle client, it basically let you build teams and face off against other people with theoretically perfect pokemon and there were various categories you could play in so you could play against teams with no legendaries and such. In each category there were still a handful of best pokemon but you did have the chance to outplay by reading switches and using unusual builds and such, no one expected the nidoking icebeam for example so I caught plenty of switches with it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Trash tier pokemon favorites coming from the runners.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
:wtc: Espeon being a favourite.

Also Gunner is stuck fighting a Venusaur with an Oddish.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
That Oddish is a hero :qq:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Schurik posted:

Huh? I thought there was just a D2 run

yeah, just a D2 run but I like the music more in D1 but an average run time is like 20 minutes so we don't get to hear a lot of the music

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Brannock posted:

That Oddish is a hero :qq:

I like to imagine that every time it uses Cut it pulls out a crappy prison shank.
Edit: Actually, that is way too sharp. It's hitting like a rubber chicken.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

Trash tier pokemon favorites coming from the runners.

yeah seriously espion.

I was always a fan of the low tier early poks, particularly the 3 stage bugs and 2 stage normals. One of my all time favorites is furret, aside from being super cute he could learn the 3 elemental punches and surf which was a surprisingly versatile but low damage build that had some crazy rng opportunities.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
venasaur hosed with the wrong plant life

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This race is awesome

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Do you have stun spore?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
what happened to that one dude stuck back in victory road

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
awwww

Avskum
Jul 27, 2009

:smugfrog:
Can't wait for awful kids games block to end, bring on TAS-bot

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
oh poo poo kei got cranked

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

what happened to that one dude stuck back in victory road

Level 13 Oddish fought valiantly and overcame Venusaur

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Hipster pokemon opinions thread time. Krookodile is my favorite pokemon and I refuse to make an online battling team without one :colbert:

Also I missed the explanation of what redbar means, why does having low health save time?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Doubles the animation speed of attacks from you, for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
race is still on boys

• Locked thread