Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
This sucks poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

there was something kinda adorable about manbun coming in, grabbing the runner by his loving head and adjusting his mic for him without a word and walking away :3:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

haha, yep that's the one

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Yeah I really do think this has been the best GDQ event to date, production-wise and overall run quality-wise. But this had the unfortunate side-effect of making the runs that DID suck stand out way, way more

I'm also really loving fatigued with the community AROUND the event (the twitch chat fucks complaining about ~censorship~) but that's not really something I can pin on the event itself.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hype was not enough

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
We are witnessing the effects of hot pocket poisoning

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Yep. Incidentally, there's a similar run for Mega Man 3 to 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoThCyif9Oc

Mega Man 3 out of this video syncs on console btw.

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007
Wait, what? That's it? He said it was going to be just as good as the game reading twitch chat last year.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
TASbot poisoned the hotpocket weeks in advance at the food processing plant. :tinfoil:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

nerdbot posted:

Yeah I really do think this has been the best GDQ event to date, production-wise and overall run quality-wise. But this had the unfortunate side-effect of making the runs that DID suck stand out way, way more

I'm also really loving fatigued with the community AROUND the event (the twitch chat fucks complaining about ~censorship~) but that's not really something I can pin on the event itself.

Who gives a gently caress they're gonna make a cool milly every 6 months in spite of those stupid 13 year olds who aren't donating anyway.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TASbot cant keep doing gimmick poo poo i'm glad they actually showed TAS runs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fiblah posted:

Wait, what? That's it? He said it was going to be just as good as the game reading twitch chat last year.

You just saw four games being beat at the same time by one controller, mang.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

nerdbot posted:

is that really a thing? I've been watching all week and saw major censorship in chat once and when I checked itt what it was about it was for very good reason.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Well, I guess it's time to watch the runs I slept through this week.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this has been the best gdq so far

good layout, tech, sound, games, etc

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
no hilarious arbitrary code execution like programming a different game in SMW this time :(

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ArbitraryC posted:

is that really a thing? I've been watching all week and saw major censorship in chat once and when I checked itt what it was about it was for very good reason.

Honestly they could instaban anyone who even attempts to post in the Twitch chat and I don't think it would have any impact on the event at all

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

oh my god the ultros plushie :3:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

They probably should've just ended it with the Mario 4-way. The TAS/hot pocket race was a funny idea but it didn't really pay off

I liked the block overall, it just kinda went soggy there

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Your Computer posted:

no hilarious arbitrary code execution like programming a different game in SMW this time :(
reprogram SMW to become sonic the hedgehog

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

weekly font posted:

Who gives a gently caress they're gonna make a cool milly every 6 months in spite of those stupid 13 year olds who aren't donating anyway.

Yeah, Twitch chat being their usual loving cancer notwithstanding this has been the best GDQ yet just in terms of quality of the runs and production.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

of course it's not, and GDQ has the right to censor whatever they want

twitch chat is just awful, no news here

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I closed the stream after the 4-game synced run because I didn't want to watch FF6 and didn't know there were more Mario TAS things coming afterward. What did I miss?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I agree. Really solid event all around. A few bad runs but a lot more memorable moments. I'm heading off to bed now, so no more live runs for me this GDQ (unless they REALLY drag with the finale).

As someone who rarely follows the speedrun scene outside these events, it's been a fun week. I'll compile my must-watch list later on.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

What was the censorship about? Work kept me from watching a whole lot of this GDQ unfortunately.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Your Computer posted:

of course it's not, and GDQ has the right to censor whatever they want

twitch chat is just awful, no news here

I meant like where are people complaining about censorship and are they really doing it in large enough numbers for it to be a deal.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm also not really surprised they didn't have any total control stuff, arbitrary code execution TASes take an extremely long time to do and there's only really 1 guy that knows how to do them (Masterjun) and he can only really put out 1 a year.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Eonwe posted:

The games especially, it had felt like it was the same poo poo every 6 months, maybe a new run if it was popular on twitch. But it seemed like there were a lot of good, new runs this time. And no one encouraging people to suicide or domestic abuse to my knowledge

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Cyberventurer posted:

I closed the stream after the 4-game synced run because I didn't want to watch FF6 and didn't know there were more Mario TAS things coming afterward. What did I miss?

TAS bot beat SMB3 in 2 seconds (not exaggerating) by pressing buttons 6000 times in a second.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
summer has always been the better of the two

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Healbot posted:

What was the censorship about? Work kept me from watching a whole lot of this GDQ unfortunately.

People were being transphobic fucks and being told not to be transphobic fucks. MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH :qq:

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007
Golden is making this such an awkward interview

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

nerdbot posted:

I will never ever understand why you and the others even bother with twitch chat at all, etc. you have all been on the internet long enough to know better smdh

turn it off or use livestreamer

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

I meant like where are people complaining about censorship and are they really doing it in large enough numbers for it to be a deal.

oh right

people are doing it (again, because twitch chat is awful) but I really doubt it's a "deal" at all. Like someone said earlier, twitch chat is just a stream of memes and abuse

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
calling it 'censorship' is loving stupid, as if a bunch of pre teens and alt right trumpistas had an inalienable right to flood twitch chat with hateful garbage. it's called ~moderation~

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm an extremely enlightened and kind-hearted person, and allow me to present my reasoned opinions on how Twitch Chat is, actually, a boring troll, totally lame, and astonishingly problematic, in this, the thread about video games done quick.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The Rokstar posted:

People were being transphobic fucks and being told not to be transphobic fucks. MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH :qq:

Lmao what the gently caress is wrong with people.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Rokstar posted:

GDQ chat is what esports chat should be, but lol let people talk about disgusting trannies and give literally a 10000000000s timeout for someone saying "good moderation".

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

100 thousand people in an unmoderated chatroom on the internet with is a cesspool and intentionally trollish?????????! :wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

gross beardstroke alert

• Locked thread