Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

if you still don't understand the fun of spamming poo poo in twitch chat or you think it's stupid then it is you who are stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007
I strongly dislike this beard-stroking goof. He tries so hard every GDQ to become a meme like DSDad but he just sucks. gently caress him

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
this motherfucker hasn't stopped stroking his beard it's been DAYS

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

100 thousand people in an unmoderated chatroom on the internet with is a cesspool and intentionally trollish?????????! :wth:

they should make it so people have to pay :10bux: to use twitch chat

:c00lbutt:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
First Law of the Internet: Any online gathering of more than 10 people, without iron fist moderation, instantly turns into /pol/.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

argondamn posted:

if you still don't understand the fun of spamming poo poo in twitch chat or you think it's stupid then it is you who are stupid

so much fun saying human being and HE'S A MAN

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Kanfy posted:

If you're dumb enough to read Twitch chat, you lose your right to complain about Twitch chat.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Someone asked for a link to the Alice donation earlier in this thread. Here you go.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

gross beardstroke alert

Wait, is that the same beard stroker from 6 months ago!?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

gross beardstroke alert

thanks for the warning, closing the stream

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Samuel Clemens posted:

Someone asked for a link to the Alice donation earlier in this thread. Here you go.

:love:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Related note: If you're watching the VODs on Youtube, don't read comments there either.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
But like, GDQ chat is unreadable and unmoddable by nature, I'm more upset when it's a 5k fighting game stream moving at a decent pace and no moderation is being done.

Keith Stack
Nov 5, 2008

I believe that the words cringe, triggered, and cuck were all instaban words in the chat.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Wait, is that the same beard stroker from 6 months ago!?

at this point I swear it's some sort of exhibitionism and he gets off by stroking his gross beard in front of 100k people

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

I will never ever understand why you and the others even bother with twitch chat at all, etc. you have all been on the internet long enough to know better smdh

turn it off or use livestreamer

It's more that I've made the horrible life choice of checking Reddit out of habit and r/speedruns is basically longform writing Twitch chat this week. It is on me, but it kinda blows to know this positive thing I enjoy is simultaneously taking Garbodor gijinkas from Deviantart and bringing them to life

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I'm more amazed that they have 100k+ people in the stream basically at all times and as far as I can tell haven't done slow mode once.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
A 4 hour speedrun? Nice

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Brannock posted:

I'm an extremely enlightened and kind-hearted person, and allow me to present my reasoned opinions on how Twitch Chat is, actually, a boring troll, totally lame, and astonishingly problematic, in this, the thread about video games done quick.

Thanks, for, your, contribution.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The Rokstar posted:

Related note: If you're watching the VODs on Youtube, don't read comments there either.

or if you do remember that you're an adult and i'ts the loving internet and they are just words - every other interaction you have with another human for the rest of your day is more than likely going to be pleasant. the internet is not reflective if how people are in real life, no one is going to call you a oval office if you buy a coffee (unless you say large insted of ventee)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I wish every donation you just picked save or kill the animals automatically, so people would spend on the actual cool incentives that have extra content. When we have a cool glitch as a goal and then I hear a donation saying "Kill the animals" I just shake my head. I think then people would still have as much incentive to donate for the saving or killing of the animals.Also have they thought of making the twitch chat subscriber only to raise more money? Or do they think that would make less people watch?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Keith Stack posted:

I believe that the words cringe, triggered, and cuck were all instaban words in the chat.

From the way I keep seeing people add spaces to it, I'm assuming they're banning for "thicc" too.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Not sure how this can top the last FF6 run where the runners acted out the opera scene.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Broken Cog posted:

A 4 hour speedrun? Nice

wah

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Your Computer posted:

at this point I swear it's some sort of exhibitionism and he gets off by stroking his gross beard in front of 100k people

I don't think he's much of an exhibitionist really, more of a show-off.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

or if you do remember that you're an adult and i'ts the loving internet and they are just words - every other interaction you have with another human for the rest of your day is more than likely going to be pleasant

I work retail

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Samuel Clemens posted:

Put this in the OP

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What is he doing with the colors oh god

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
god this layout

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
oh for fucks sake they changed the UI background too :cripes:

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Oh god the background of the layout is also the demon chocobo

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the demon chocobo is out already.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
ahahaha

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

loving bless whoever handles the stream layout. I never watch the 4-hour FF speedrun finales but I think I'm gonna break that habit this time

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I want to emphasize again how amazing the tech crew it is this year lmfao

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
There's a lot of cool glitches in this game, but it's 4 hours and it's midnight here so probably won't be seeing this one through to the end. Hopefully I'll get to see the finale tomorrow morning though.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Twitch chat is sometimes garbage but mostly fun, it's okay to think they're being dumb when they say offensive poo poo while still enjoying the realtime flood of memes and emotes in relevant situations. the 4 man single input tas run was great with chat for example. Like the bad poo poo gets moderated I dunno what more you want, there's really no reason to be a big baby about the masses not voluntarily embracing your pet political issue.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I was planning on sticking around for more of this run but christ this layout. might just go get dinner a little early to spare my eyes

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
How long until they start glitching the game out hard?

nerdbot posted:

I work retail

Shocking.

ArbitraryC posted:

Twitch chat is sometimes garbage but mostly fun, it's okay to think they're being dumb when they say offensive poo poo while still enjoying the realtime flood of memes and emotes in relevant situations. the 4 man single input tas run was great with chat for example. Like the bad poo poo gets moderated I dunno what more you want, there's really no reason to be a big baby about the masses not voluntarily embracing your pet political issue.

Do you honestly expect people to act like adults?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I just laugh whenever they say RESET

Like when Bob Ross was being streamed and he'd make a weird rear end line and they'd go RUINED

• Locked thread