Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Cephalectomy posted:

everyone wants something to blame for societies ills. some dumb ppl think banning guns will be a panacea. other dumb ppl think shooting black folks will do it, and yet more dumb people think murdering cops will do it. everyones a dumbass the world sucks quit crying you little shits

The real answer is that everyone needs to join a forum and settle their differences on the battlefield of memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

lol

America
what a country!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mariana Horchata posted:

lol

America
what a country!

it does own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuyMuLGXxTs

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSV837slF6o

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

he shouldnt be wearing that suspicious skin color imo

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

I'm sure cops ethnically profile in every country where they can. Still. Approaching a suspected carjacker with your gun drawn must be something distinctly American.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Rotacixe posted:

I'm sure cops ethnically profile in every country where they can. Still. Approaching a suspected carjacker with your gun drawn must be something distinctly American.

A lot of American cops, like a lot of Americans, are gun crazy and I say that as a person who is fine with people owning firearms. (though not assault rifles. no need for civilians to have those. also need tighter regulations)

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fire Barrel posted:

A lot of American cops, like a lot of Americans, are crazy racists

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fire Barrel posted:

A lot of American cops, like a lot of Americans, are gun crazy and I say that as a person who is fine with people owning firearms. (though not assault rifles. no need for civilians to have those. also need tighter regulations)

What specifically is an assault rifle friend :allears:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

various cheeses posted:

I think it's Sweden actually

You mean the country that has had a 69% increase in hate crime since 2009? That must be it.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Whoa brutal ownage

Just devastation to the nation

Fuckin bodies everywhere dude not riddled with bullets right but burned up and just completely irradiated

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

You mean the country that has had a 69% increase in hate crime since 2009? That must be it.

Wow that's hosed up, I didn't know that. I bet they're the ones responsible for the uptick in rapes and grenade attacks too. A sick world we live in, truly.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Fire Barrel posted:

(though not assault rifles. no need for civilians to have those. also need tighter regulations)

I have good news for you :)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

various cheeses posted:

Wow that's hosed up, I didn't know that. I bet they're the ones responsible for the uptick in rapes and grenade attacks too. A sick world we live in, truly.

No, actually, it's good that they have started taking rape seriously and changed the law to reflect that. :)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

yall need to chill on the gun racism

speng31b
May 8, 2010

And meanwhile here in Dallas https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa/status/751887378105720833

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

That's a given.

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

A gun with selective-fire that shoots rounds stronger than a pistol but not as strong as weapons that are considered battle rifles. They're also magazine fed. And they sort of pointless for people to own.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Fire Barrel posted:

A gun with selective-fire that shoots rounds stronger than a pistol but not as strong as weapons that are considered battle rifles. They're also magazine fed. And they sort of pointless for people to own.

So, then you are already aware they're not legal for civilian ownership outside of pre-1986 registered NFA machineguns, right?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Cephalectomy posted:

everyone wants something to blame for societies ills. some dumb ppl think banning guns will be a panacea. other dumb ppl think shooting black folks will do it, and yet more dumb people think murdering cops will do it. everyones a dumbass the world sucks quit crying you little shits

Lol, might as well not try to change anything ever :welp:

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Fire Barrel posted:

That's a given.

Lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

RaySmuckles posted:

Lol, might as well not try to change anything ever :welp:

i know, right?? im doing my part right here! on GBS!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
any more shootings? I'm bored I need more bloodshed.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Black Terminator showed up. "I'll be back," he said.

That must've done it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wikkheiser posted:

Black Terminator showed up. "I'll be back," he said.

That must've done it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFsUsKkL5BA

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Sancho posted:

Full auto weapons are legal in the US, along with rocket launchers, tanks, fighter jets etc. They are exclusively playtoys for the rich tho.

Almost

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/mar/07/local/me-jets7

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Fire Barrel posted:

That's a given.

Most guns are magazine fed. There's little difference in the mechanism of hunting rifle's internal magazine and military rifle's mag, it's just a spring, a follower, and some metal enclosing it.The actual point is that "assault rifles" have detachable magazines for quick reloading and can hold more ammunition because they're not beset from the form factor of rifle. Hypothetically, an detachable magazine could have infinite rounds if you could find a spring strong enough to deal with that many rounds in that length. Realistically, it's around thirty cartridges, due to reliability and tactical necessity.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

various cheeses posted:

Trump was all like "blame black people!" and Hillary was all like "blame black guns!", but as usual, the truth is somewhere in between (grey robots)

ftfy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well I'm sure the police will be building more robo jihadists over the weekend.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
holy poo poo i just saw the scariest gun

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

What's the scariest gun?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i mean spider

those are spooky too!

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

4outof5 posted:

Nah open carry is pretty dumb all the way around:
The people who do it
The police over reaction to it
The internet debate about it

There are much better ways to advocate for 2nd amendment rights without being a dick about it. It's the firearms equivalent of being a ICP fan.

I view it like the sexual identity subject. I really don't care if you are carrying a firearm concealed (legally) and I do not care if you identify as something you were not born as. I do however, think you are a raging rear end in a top hat if your goal is to have that part of your life advertised on 10 volume and get upset when others are disgruntled at your asshattery.

I am an equal opportunity hater of attention whoring.

LOOK AT ME AND MY AGENDA!
Ok that's fine, lets...
NO, ACKNOWLEDGE IT AND STATE YOUR POSITION ON IT!
Well, I...
YOU loving PHOBIC PIECE OF INTOLERANT poo poo! :argh:

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 9, 2016

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

The scariest gun, is the one pointed at you...

or you...

OR YOU....

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm sad that the rogue shooter with a .50 cal sniper rifle hasn't happened yet.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

etalian posted:

I have a .50 caliber inline muzzleloader, and I have yet to shoot down a plane.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Cartouche posted:

I view it like the sexual identity subject. I really don't care if you are carrying a firearm concealed (legally) and I do not care if you identify as something you were not born as. I do however, think you are a raging rear end in a top hat if your goal is to have that part of your life advertised on 10 volume and get upset when others are disgruntled at your asshattery.

I am an equal opportunity hater of attention whoring.

LOOK AT ME AND MY AGENDA!
Ok that's fine, lets...
NO, ACKNOWLEDGE IT AND STATE YOUR POSITION ON IT!
Well, I...
YOU loving PHOBIC PIECE OF INTOLERANT poo poo! :argh:

I bet your grandfather really hated it too when the blacks started getting "uppity" in the 60s and wanted to get served lunch like everyone else lol.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

etalian posted:

It's largely because those guns are both super-expensive and super-heavy. Even a single-shot .50 caliber BMG rifle weighs something close to 30 pounds. And you aren't going to be seeing someone ducking and weaving like Micah with one, either, since the recoil prohibits firing from anything other than a prone or braced position.

Also, the ammunition is expensive and can run into legal issues. Just Googling prices, a box of 10 .50 BMG bullets costs as much as 100 5.56mm NATO or 7.62mm M43/AK rounds. And don't even think about getting the cool stuff like Raufoss incendiary-explosive rounds.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Young Freud posted:

It's largely because those guns are both super-expensive and super-heavy. Even a single-shot .50 caliber BMG rifle weighs something close to 30 pounds. And you aren't going to be seeing someone ducking and weaving like Micah with one, either, since the recoil prohibits firing from anything other than a prone or braced position.

Also, the ammunition is expensive and can run into legal issues. Just Googling prices, a box of 10 .50 BMG bullets costs as much as 100 5.56mm NATO or 7.62mm M43/AK rounds. And don't even think about getting the cool stuff like Raufoss incendiary-explosive rounds.

The rich feel like blowing away the plebes occasionally too

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

spouse posted:

So, then you are already aware they're not legal for civilian ownership outside of pre-1986 registered NFA machineguns, right?

Yes I am. I am also aware that there have been attempts by companies to make it harder to convert a gun like a civilian model AR-15 into something other than a semiautomatic weapon. Still is dangerous and can accommodate a high capacity magazine. And I'm also aware capacity laws vary by state, but that's neither here nor there. Tighter regulations wouldn't hurt and they could probably step up what was included in the 94 ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Shots fired at Dallas pd headquarters :(

E: nvm, scanners saying no shots fired

speng31b fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 9, 2016

• Locked thread