Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what dire fate has befallen JonCna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

UNrelated to this speedrun but I'm doing research trying to find that RPG clip I mentioned to UA and I just remember probably my favorite GDQ moment of all time. seriously got the chills watching this again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kby8cyRoDec&t=8485s

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

beep by grandpa posted:

UNrelated to this speedrun but I'm doing research trying to find that RPG clip I mentioned to UA and I just remember probably my favorite GDQ moment of all time. seriously got the chills watching this again:

what about the ninja gaiden relay race when they were 2 frames apart?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Still better than that.

edit: god drat agdq14 was the same year they hit $1 million dollars on the final blow on the final boss of the final game on the final day of the marathon :eyepop:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

Man, the jump in production at GDQ events is remarkable.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
who is alice

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
The basically tied Super Mario Kart run from AGDQ was almost as good as that for me.

e: The SM 4 way finish I meant.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

ive only been semi paying attention to ff6, has Alice's dad done another donation?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Aishlinn posted:

ive only been semi paying attention to ff6, has Alice's dad done another donation?

yeah, just now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Eonwe posted:

who is alice

i dunno but seeing she starts the game as a slave maybe you could say she was alice...

...in chains

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I helped the yetee by buying 3 shirts. I don't usually wear nerd shirts because I like to pretend I have good fashion sense.

What have I done??

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The FF6 run now joins Cyan in lovely Flint, Michigan.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

i dunno but seeing she starts the game as a slave maybe you could say she was alice...

...in chains

:eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I always liked how literally everyone in the castle except Cyan and that one other guy instantly die the moment the water gets poisoned.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Bruceski posted:

The FF6 run now joins Cyan in lovely Flint, Michigan.

:wow:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That was a pretty decent Macho Man

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Reading Macho Man donation over the scene of Cyan grieving his dead family :lol:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
dog!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Alabaster White posted:

I always liked how literally everyone in the castle except Cyan and that one other guy instantly die the moment the water gets poisoned.

It's really strong poison, it even goes upriver from where Kefka is standing!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Actually thinking about it, my real biggest gripe with this GDQ is that they didn't bring back Animorphs as an event staple like Tetris, TASBot and Mario Maker

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Eonwe posted:

who is alice

https://oddshot.tv/shot/GamesDoneQuick/Uzr6fqqv6fpHcpj6OWmhj65K

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/donor/303871/sgdq2016?comments

:3: daww

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

nerdbot posted:

Actually thinking about it, my real biggest gripe with the GDQ is that they didn't bring back Animorphs as an event staple like Tetris, TASBot and Mario Maker

My biggest gripe with this GDQ is that the Awful block was pretty weak. But we got Jak and Daxter AND Pepsiman so it's fine.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hey I think I found th ething I was talking about with an epic final fantasy miss from a few years ago. I feel like I remember there being a few misses in a row but this may or may not be it. it's a pretty fuckin epic moment tho, check it out UA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRcbi6GmSg&t=2961s

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
This guy has had good RNG and looking at his WR run he's only 1 or 2 minutes off of it. taking time to account for names/menu/etc he might literally miss a world record time thanks to donation incentives. Visions of werster...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

oh my god thats sweet

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yes Pepsiman aside, the awful games were definitely better last time

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The awful games block was alright, but Animorphs is definitely a tough act to follow.

Also, Pepsiman owns, you heathen!

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

These guys' advance knowledge of which tiles to walk over and what random battles they get is always cool. I might watch this whole run later on.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They named the zombie enemy "StillGoing"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
should've named sabin lesnar imo

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Pepsi for tv game motherfucker.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Do they let Shadow die in the interest of going faster?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
S U P L E X B O Y S

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Always warms my heart to see that classic gaming moment.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
When you add in Humble Bundle we're over a million. :toot:

(HB's total is near the bottom of the page.)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aishlinn posted:

Pepsi for tv game motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dias posted:

My biggest gripe with this GDQ is that the Awful block was pretty weak. But we got Jak and Daxter AND Pepsiman so it's fine.

Ed Edd n Eddy and Harry Potter were loving good as hell. The rest was weak compared to previous years though, so I agree.

It's a small thing but I think it's interesting that they didn't explicitly call it Awful Games or name that block anything this year. Maybe not a conscious effort, but I like runs like Ed Edd n Eddy where the game is not great but they enjoy what they're doing and have fun with a really crappy thing. I feel like this is why Sonic 06 was also good this year--it's a really, really bad game, but they let the game itself tell you why it was bad and they had fun instead of just dunking on it for 40 straight minutes.

• Locked thread