Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Cody is a martial hero and I will not stand for this magical whitewashing of superhuman strength.

Cody is no god drat martial artist. He's a Street Fighter equivalent of One Punch Man and that is GREAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

maybe street fighter guns need meter to work
reloading builds meter tho

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jack Trades posted:

Cody is no god drat martial artist. He's a Street Fighter equivalent of One Punch Man and that is GREAT.

i said a martial hero, ie. not magical

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I've always wanted to play a character with a reload mechanic and resource management that you sacrifice Oki for. Sin from Xrd comes close but doesn't feel right.
Hakan Oil was the closest thing that SF has really had in my opinion, Ibuki kunai don't do enough damage for me to care.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 10, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cody needs to spend 60 frames pepping himself up or he'll run out of care meter and take a nap.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

You need meter to aim the gun at head level

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

When akuma is released in sf5 his air fireball will travel upwards and behind him

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Weekly Discord lounge is up; password is 3774.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I mean if we're going by history as proof of what a street fighter can do, consider that Rolento uses knives and grenades in multiple games on all the cast members and any of them are yet to suffer any consequences.

It took helicopter machine guns pushing him off a cliff to kill Charlie, but he's still alive anyway just with a steel plate in his dome.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 10, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bad metaphors posted:

When akuma is released in sf5 his air fireball will travel upwards and behind him

But he'll have no vulnerable hurt boxes (by mistake) until after the fireball goes active, so you can never cross him up.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I mean if we're going by history as proof of what a street fighter can do, consider that Rolento uses knives and grenades in multiple games on all the cast members and any of them are yet to suffer any consequences.

It took helicopter machine guns pushing him off a cliff to kill Charlie, but he's still alive anyway just with a steel plate in his dome.

The answer lies in the heart of battle

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gonna have to hand it to them, the matching is much better. Still takes a while but i just sat down and had 4 opponents in a row in my league and i've never seen that.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

The Gorp posted:

I've always wanted to play a character with a reload mechanic and resource management that you sacrifice Oki for. Sin from Xrd comes close but doesn't feel right.
Hakan Oil was the closest thing that SF has really had in my opinion, Ibuki kunai don't do enough damage for me to care.

idk if they give up oki for it but you should try Petra in Arcana Heart 3 and Luna in Vanguard Princess if you want cool reloading chars.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
bullets move faster than 8frames so capcom would struggle trying to get them into the game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

darealkooky posted:

my point is more why don't any of the bison soldiers just shoot guile instead of beating his slow moving projectile with their own slow moving projectile/blocking it with their face

don't say guile is immune to bullets because cody can just throw a rock at him, is cody's arm able to put more speed/pressure on something then a rifle?

Birdie fights a gunner later in the SF5 story. It does light to moderate damage, even enhanced by Psycho Power. And he's badly out of shape.

Real hurthling! posted:

The gunner's shooting can be turned EX, so you're more right than you think.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

bullets move faster than 8frames so capcom would struggle trying to get them into the game.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I honestly can't figure balrog out at all. It feels like I have to work so hard to beat anyone. His v-skill is so slow that I just get jabbed out of it for even thinking of using it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When is Ed going to get his own game

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Now, now, nitnendo games have a seal of quality. Theres no way capcom would pass that with SFV.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Capcpom Seal of Quality

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JwGYpRU6Ao

Best one in ages.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Nobody likes rematches I guess. Has me salty

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

:agreed: this one was just awesome

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Played through the Story mode in bits in pieces. The story was a bit all-over-the-place but it was amusing at times, reminded me a bit of an old-school Saturday morning cartoon. At a certain point I started to zone out and browsed the internet during the cutscenes. Karin, Rashid, Gief and Dhalsim had some good scenes and some of the flashy stuff at the end with Ryu was neat. Some stuff seemed a little weird like F.A.N.G. poisoning a child I guess? Sometimes it looks like they intended for a fight to take place (such as the earlier wrestling scenes) but they didn't take the time to actually put the fight in there. Or you'd win a fight and it ends up serving no purpose, since the other guy does something to turn the tables in the next cutscene. Or someone appears to get killed off in a cutscene, but they quickly show up again to get beaten up some more. The AI at least went from potato mode to putting up some token resistance toward the end. In spite of that I think I liked it overall.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

bad metaphors posted:

This could actually be cool if it was him using it to shoot himself down and forward like a dive kick. Like that dash kamehameha in xenoverse.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The story mode is very "hey look, this character is here too, doing his one personality trait". I expected some reason for why most of this cast isn't in SF3.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://gfycat.com/ConcernedMiserableBorzoi

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I should add that it looked like Sean was going to motorboat Laura for a minute there

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they removed the visible nips under cammy's default costume in the latest patch i'm sure some people are losing it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

etc etc etc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

etc etc etc

i'd buy it

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Jack Trades posted:

etc etc etc

Looks better than her other costumes.

EDIT: Seriously - If someone made a mod like this I'd try it out. I've replaced Mika with Nadeshiko and Cammy with Spider-Gwen. Anything is better than the designs Capcom came up with.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 11, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

etc etc etc

That's legit better than Mika's design.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Agreed, with no artifice in my soul.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
She can't show any skin in public, but she can still power bomb some fools!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
hard to animate that much fabric is probably why we havent seen it yet

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Pen7Ninja/status/752286262749384704

posting this here, in the revelator thread

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
As Ryu how do I punish Balrog's big huge lunge punch? People love to spam that and I feel like I've tried everything and can't even stick a jab in there. What's the max punish for it that I should be trying to do? Maybe I'm just not hitting the buttons fast enough.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

etc etc etc

Lmao if you wouldn't play a hijabi wrestler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Stefan Prodan posted:

As Ryu how do I punish Balrog's big huge lunge punch? People love to spam that and I feel like I've tried everything and can't even stick a jab in there. What's the max punish for it that I should be trying to do? Maybe I'm just not hitting the buttons fast enough.

Depends on the range, but stand lk buffered into tatsu is a good bet. Otherwise, neutral jump if they're over doing it and punish them with a big jump in combo