Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

Dias posted:

also jotaro being so boring even time itself stops around him

Its more of an absolute zero thing actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

quote:

FMA OP chat

To be honest, I was thinking more about bad Naruto OPs when I first saw the new OP. I only remembered some of my least favorite FMA ones when it was brought up in the thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

you know it's very inconsiderate to pose as an anime-viewer and then blatantly spoil everything with "speculation,"

have some decency jeez

Everything would be fine if people could just play along instead of klumping up to people like they've got a club foot and shouting at people for spoiling poo poo. Until someone has a reaction to them, nothing looks like a spoiler because this series is crazy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If you don't think of Jotaro like Anne does you're mentally ill.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I found the author note that talks about people being intimidated by Araki and it's better than I remembered.

:allears:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Who knew that tea with ink and/or eraser bits was the secret to immortality!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

araki was the original shitposter

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

the punchline here always gets me

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

araki was the original shitposter

Nope, that there is earnest affection for calendar girls. Araki's heart and writing is utterly unclouded, it is all that of 'sincerity'.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

multijoe posted:

Nope, that there is earnest affection for calendar girls. Araki's heart and writing is utterly unclouded, it is all that of 'sincerity'.

Dio had [Charisma], Araki has [Sincerity].

Overwatch's Lúcio was created based on Araki's personality.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

multijoe posted:

if shitposting can't be sincere i hosed up along the way at some point

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Araki is so precious.

EmmyOk posted:

If you don't think of Jotaro like Anne does you're mentally ill.

Agreed, Jotaro is a cool dude that loves his mom.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

if shitposting can't be sincere i hosed up along the way at some point

Yeah, Dec 26, 2009.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That was an amazing way for Josuke to beat Rohan.

Butt Ghost posted:

there are bad FMA ops?

No.

Okay maybe like one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZiPIOSGw8Q

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 9, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Besides even if you don't think the song for the new OP is all that unique, the visuals are top-notch.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

The moral of the story is that if you're trying to trick your opponent into opening his eyes, it's not a good idea to get him so mad he can't see straight.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The stand users in this part have such personality

I want them all to become main cast members. The fact that some already pop back up as friendly characters gives me hope. I hope guitar man plays guitar again.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Food Wars! has a Jojo parody in this weeks episode:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

no they will not posted:

I'm a big fan of these araki notes from some DiU volumes

These are really good and I love both them and Araki. I hope he never changes, which he probably won't being immortal and all that.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
So does Jotaro do anything in this part? Every single episode has had an "Oh poo poo, get Jotaro!" moment, but he never does anything but menace people.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
He does quite a bit coming up, actually.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jotaro is in this part? i'm pretty sure you must be hallucinating after so much SDC, because there's no jotaro. joseph came to visit his son after sending him a letter about his share of the inheritance at the beginning of the part, but canonically at this point in time jotaro is off on a research boat.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Jotaro's kind of busy with his thesis and chilling in his hotel after he helped deal with Angelo. Like others have said, he'll be getting a bit more active soon.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jotaro spends the whole arc internally composing his memoirs and thinking about fish

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Combat Lobster posted:

It's funny seeing the first Bleach OP after so long. The biggest reason why I like Part 4 so much is that it represents everything I wanted Bleach to be; a slice of life comedy set in a small town where super-powered teens beat up weird and unique 'bad' guys.

Magna Kaser posted:

Yeah when I first saw the bleach op, knowing nothing about the series, I assumed it'd be about stylish teenagers dressing well and having swords or something????

New Jojo op is pretty good.

Bleach was fantastic up until OH NO WE HAVE TO GO TO THE SOUL SOCIETY. :sigh: I don't think I've ever lost interest in a series as much as I did when that happened.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

SpartanIV posted:

Food Wars! has a Jojo parody in this weeks episode:

The Fighting Foodons reboot is intense.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hiro Protagonist posted:

So does Jotaro do anything in this part? Every single episode has had an "Oh poo poo, get Jotaro!" moment, but he never does anything but menace people.

Such impatience

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

jotaro doesnt deserve to do anything

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotaro is a good boy who loves his momma

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

multijoe posted:

Jotaro spends the whole arc internally composing his memoirs and thinking about fish

And wondering why Josuke stole his pen.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

but for real though, jotaro isn't the focus of part 4 and he's straight up a side character in this. he does get encounters where he's one of the main players, but his time in the sun is in SDC and part 4 is the adventures of josuke and his hoodlum friends

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Jotaro's just there because he's hiding out from his fangirls. He didn't intend to actually fight any Stand Users and was just using this trip as an excuse to stay at a fancy hotel on his grandpa's dime.

Then his grandpa showed up with a baby and now the vacation is ruined.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lol that you all think Josuke wants to hang out with his almost 30 year old square nephew who's working towards his doctorate. Josuke's got weed cigarettes to smoke and allies to stand in front of intimidatingly

but nah sometimes jotaro will have to help his three sons out of some jams trust me

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
So far this two-parter has probably been as good as Part 4 has been for me. The whole flashback with future Josuke was really intriguing, as was the stuff in the OP. So far, I'd say that peak Jojo for me has been the Egypt stuff in Stardust Crusaders. They did such an incredible job building up DIO. And the way the whole mystery of DIO's stand played out with everyone talking about how it's absurdly powerful and invincible culminating in scenes like the one where Polnareff tries to walk up the stairs but actually goes down them instead really made it seem like DIO had these god-like powers. I'm hoping that pretty soon we start seeing some real poo poo go down in DiU that rivals the end of Stardust Crusaders.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

W.T. Fits posted:

And wondering why Josuke stole his pen.

Jotaro always struck me as the kind of person that has a hard time understanding why other people do the things they do, and is secretly quite concerned of this weakness.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Not particularly.

Bad Seafood posted:

He does quite a bit coming up, actually.

That's a lie.

Jotaro is kinda like Saitama in this part, only instead of being hilariously OP and ending fights immediately, he's a strong pillar that everyone can rely on if they need someone to support them. Plus, he strikes fear in everyone in Morioh because they saw that fight with DIO and how he just got knifed, muda-ed, kicked through billboards and buildings and crushed under a steam roller and all that still couldn't even give the man a limp. Even the most hardcore dude or dudettes in town don't wanna deal with this Josuke dork on top of dealing with this mutant. Doomguy would probably have a harder time killing Jotaro by himself without a stand than any time he had to deal with demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Schwarzwald posted:

Jotaro always struck me as the kind of person that has a hard time understanding why other people do the things they do, and is secretly quite concerned of this weakness.

I want to say this is more or less canon.

• Locked thread