Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Last Chance posted:

when I gave it an address it showed two routes, picked one by default and a green bar at the bottom of the screen that had a thumbs up button with the chosen route info next to it.

just tapped the thumbs up because i had no idea which was better

the thumbs up is regarding traffic conditions, and it has accompanying text and voice saying as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Smythe posted:

Oddly the imgur mobile site is good as hell in my xp

yeah, no clue why they don't just wrap it in a web frame and put that on the App Store. poo poo even has bbcode tags and stuff. literally no effort to share my latest memes and screenshots of tumblr posts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i like having the app installed bc i like the push notifications of their like galleries of w/e pic of the day or theme or w/e. i like to look at them and the memes etc. im 31

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Smythe posted:

i like having the app installed bc i like the push notifications of their like galleries of w/e pic of the day or theme or w/e. i like to look at them and the memes etc. im 31

30s meme crew checking in

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

the thumbs up is regarding traffic conditions, and it has accompanying text and voice saying as much.
if it knew traffic conditions then what the gently caress is it asking me for while I'm trying to drive?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Last Chance posted:

if it knew traffic conditions then what the gently caress is it asking me for while I'm trying to drive?

think it is confirming that you are on the fastest route and offering you a chance to dismiss it?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
like "yep computer has double checked that this is the fastest given current conditions and traffic" and you say "ok cool"

you are not giving it any new info by dismissing that popup, i don't think it is asking you for anything.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

C.H.O.M.E posted:

and you say "ok coogle"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

C.H.O.M.E posted:

like "yep computer has double checked that this is the fastest given current conditions and traffic" and you say "ok cool"

you are not giving it any new info by dismissing that popup, i don't think it is asking you for anything.

how about it just tells me where to go instead of distracting me with useless questions? i think that'd be fine too.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Last Chance posted:

how about it just tells me where to go instead of distracting me with useless questions? i think that'd be fine too.

It's not a question. You are having a mental problem.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

C.H.O.M.E posted:

The pop-up plays a voice that says "You are on the fastest route to so and so in light traffic. You will arrive at 3:51, have a nice drive" but I guess the op was too busy having some sort of breakdown regarding a thumbs up icon to notice.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smythe posted:

pretty cool stdh.txt post here brother. Google Maps has never been anything other than totally flawless, perfect, and ownage. It has never bugged, glitched, or crashed. It's easily the best navigation software on earth.

my fav was when gmaps decided a great time to beg me to rate it was right when i was navigating a highway exchange but that was like 4 years ago

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Necc0 posted:

my fav was when gmaps decided a great time to beg me to rate it was right when i was navigating a highway exchange but that was like 4 years ago

Never had this happen or heard of it happening to anyone. Going to file this into stdh.txt and add a iAilure Megacorp White Knight Idiot tag to your file. Take care.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ios 10 is dogshit garbage. im gonna buy an android and play pokemon go on it ftw.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smythe posted:

Never had this happen or heard of it happening to anyone. Going to file this into stdh.txt and add a iAilure Megacorp White Knight Idiot tag to your file. Take care.

thanks you too have a nice day

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

zen death robot posted:

iOS 10 is a mess

is ios 10 is the jeb! of ios?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

is ios 10 is the jeb! of ios?

it wishes

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
recreational android: dual metal arm reduction

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

uncurable mlady posted:

recreational android: dual metal arm reduction

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

ios 10 is dogshit garbage. im gonna buy an android and play pokemon go on it ftw.

sorry about that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
every time I switch over to the Siri newsfeed there's at least two Washington Post articles up front like MEAT IS TERRIBLE CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY and YOU WONT BELIEVE THESE FIVE THINGS CELEBRITIES SAID ABOUT THE DALLAS SHOOTINGS is there any way to switch the Siri feed to my News app feed? or at least get Siri to stop suggesting the Washington Post. Tia.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zen death robot posted:

iOS 10 is a mess

this but unironically

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Last Chance posted:

it's not asking "You are on the fastest route? You will reach your destination by 5:30 PM?" you incredible buffoon

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
why does it say though right when you begin navigation though. of course i'm on the fastest route you just gave it to me!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

you can choose alternate routes drat man this isn't complicated

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Necc0 posted:

why does it say though right when you begin navigation though. of course i'm on the fastest route you just gave it to me!

it's so blind people can use it too

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

every time I switch over to the Siri newsfeed there's at least two Washington Post articles up front like MEAT IS TERRIBLE CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY and YOU WONT BELIEVE THESE FIVE THINGS CELEBRITIES SAID ABOUT THE DALLAS SHOOTINGS is there any way to switch the Siri feed to my News app feed? or at least get Siri to stop suggesting the Washington Post. Tia.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

bezos is instituting the amazon process over at the wapo. they're publishing 2x as many articles with a smaller staff. I'm sure the quality is great

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

atomicthumbs posted:

it's so blind people can use it too

oh duh

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

in case anyone missed it buzzfeed became a legit political reporting center sort of out of nowhere and was responsible for breaking a bunch of major stories this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4bvbWT33Ng

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
iOS 10 is decent but they went overboard with the round rectangle frames and it kinda goes against the grain of most modern web and mobile design, welp thanks for listening, cya

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ios 10 is the most advance mobile operating system ever created

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Necc0 posted:

in case anyone missed it buzzfeed became a legit political reporting center sort of out of nowhere and was responsible for breaking a bunch of major stories this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4bvbWT33Ng

buzzfeed grows in size and userbase thanks to their awful clickbait, gradually transitions to reporting on real news as more and more people make it their home page

wapo shrinks as its editors get increasingly out of touch, gradually transitions to posting buzzfeed clickbait in a vain attempt to capture a viable market

the circle of life

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

ios and macos are good. i take it for granted until i have to use something else

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

iOS 10 is decent but they went overboard with the round rectangle frames and it kinda goes against the grain of most modern web and mobile design, welp thanks for listening, cya

material is objectively much better than ios 10. there's no consistency in ios's design any more.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

i don't know, material looks pretty ugly

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

IOS IS GOOD

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BONGHITZ posted:

IOS IS GOOD

its meets plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Google finally let me blacklist moonies and nazis from my suggested news articles

• Locked thread