Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

mp5 posted:

give one of those jacks a gun, hashtag menoth awareness

Yeah I could drop a Templar and a Wrack and put in a Reckoner in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

I started collecting Minions earlier in the year (got Rask and a couple of warbeasts) then put it on hold when I heard the new edition was coming out. What sort of army size should I be starting at now that the points values have changed? Or should I just go check out the meta at my LGS?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Flimf posted:

If anyone even cares about skorne in this thread anymore, it looks like theres a new Tiberion coming:

Hopefully it won't be delayed forever like the hydra

That's pretty awesome. I just finished using a dremel to chop up the spear arm of a metal sentry for my tibbers so I guess this new pose would have been nice to see before, but whatever.

I do like the new pose

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

waah posted:

I do like the new pose

I like the facial expression on him, but holy poo poo trying to foam that pose. I'll stick to my regular tibby model with his mace out front so at least he'll fit in a standard foam tray.

Looks drat cool though.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
The 'tusks' are killin' me. Why is it so hard to get them consistent across the Titan species?

eskimaux
Jun 28, 2007

Hoboskins posted:

Lots of advice about my Minions journeyman list

Thanks! I had it in my head that I couldn't bring units in until week 4 for some reason. Now for my (much) revised 75 point list I've got the battle group from before(barny, wrastler, spitter, bull snapper, swamp horro) plus
Max gators
Max croaks
Saxon orrik
Feralgeist (to fill 2 points in week 4)
Lanyssa ryssl
I've got 5 points I don't know what to do with.
Is the witch doctor worth it? The razorback crew look good...? Maximus, Alten Ashley? Too many options! What dyu reckon?

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Going from 7 years of trolls into ret is one hell of a culture shock. Helynna is some crazy poo poo too.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
So here is why high reclaimer is loving nuts in mk3:

- sac lamb + power boost = reckoners and redeemer all have 2 focus for the cost of 1 TFG or choir guy. Even with the choir nerf thats a LOT of boosted shots. Reckoner went to base pow 14, so pow 16 now.

-Hand of Fated Idrians. The play seems to be prey their caster, because hand of fate fixes their rat enough to kill whatever they need WITHOUT prey. Then the feat/HOF assassination is always in play, and it will keep their caster out of the game, or they just die.

-HR feat is d3+5 dudes. They activate normally, no sac combat action restrictions or anything. They get placed in control, in formation, no other restrictions. So its pretty easy to feat back 6-8 idrians in aim or walk and shoot range of their caster. If your opponent didnt kill enough to make that work, kill them yourself before HR activates and feats.

The math on this is pretty good, single shots are rat 7 pow 13, hand of fate effect. So, a 15/16 caster with 3 camp is the target. Assuming I get 8 idrian shots, I hit on 8's with hand of fate, which is probably in the ballpark of 65% to hit (I think). Damage rolls are at -3, with hof that is probably ~5 damage per hit. So if I hit 6 times, you spend your 3 camp and then take about 15 damage and are probably very close to death.

That doesn't account for the fact that high reclaimer can do lots of spell damage before the idrians activate, and my list has 2 reckoners and a redeemer. If one of the reckoners hits you first, youre turbo dead because its a boosted 16 and your now flared.
I havent had a real assassination caster in PoM that I enjoyed playing , but HR is sickkkkk

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I wouldn't even get out of bed in the morning for FOC 5.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

koreban posted:

I like the facial expression on him, but holy poo poo trying to foam that pose. I'll stick to my regular tibby model with his mace out front so at least he'll fit in a standard foam tray.

Looks drat cool though.

Our magnet discussion earlier has brought out the DIYer in me. No more foam for this guy, but there has been a bit of learning and a couple bases that uh.... came apart for lack of better words.

Still I am happy with how it's coming along and I will post pics later in the weekend

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

StuG Jeebus posted:

The 'tusks' are killin' me. Why is it so hard to get them consistent across the Titan species?

He has no tusks, just seriously huge nipples.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Crossposting from the Oath Thread.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

I wouldn't even get out of bed in the morning for FOC 5.

I usually have 8-12 focus per turn, sooooo

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
If anyone is interested in buying a rather large ret army in one fell swoop, for around 30% off of retail send me a PM. Not looking to part out. I will get a full list with photos together in the next few days and make a post in SA Mart.

(almost everything is assembled and primed, I'm very meticulous about parting lines and cleanup and pin anything questionable)

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

PaintVagrant posted:

I usually have 8-12 focus per turn, sooooo

what infantry are you running? Based on your posts it seems like TFG, Choir, Idrians, is that about all of it? Are you running an arc node? I'm painting a Guardian now because I want to try him out in Mk3 because he seems like a very decent overall heavy, but it seems like an arc node is necessary to get HoF on targets.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Korwen posted:

what infantry are you running? Based on your posts it seems like TFG, Choir, Idrians, is that about all of it? Are you running an arc node? I'm painting a Guardian now because I want to try him out in Mk3 because he seems like a very decent overall heavy, but it seems like an arc node is necessary to get HoF on targets.

Hand of Fate is a buff, you dont cast it on enemies.

Edit: if you mean ashes to ashes, yeah maybe an arc node would be good.

jubelio fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 9, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Korwen posted:

War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Reclaimer champs?

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

The High Reclaimer - WJ: +32
- Hierophant - PC: 3
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Redeemer - PC: 11
- Guardian - PC: 15

The Covenant of Menoth - PC: 4
Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1
Gorman Di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist - PC: 4

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5
Temple Flameguard - Leader & 9 Grunts: 11

---

GENERATED : 07/09/2016 15:49:34
BUILD ID : 2021.16-06-25

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
With 2 infantry units, Rhupert might not be a bad swap for Gorman or the Book

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

jubelio posted:

Hand of Fate is a buff, you dont cast it on enemies.

Edit: if you mean ashes to ashes, yeah maybe an arc node would be good.

Ah crap I need to read better, I thought it was a debuff. It's an upkeep too, so I guess you can cycle it (unless they changed how that works and I haven't read that yet)

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

All I can see is that it is screaming in horror as it falls and its weird narrow tube sock titties are flapping upwards as plummets downwards.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Korwen posted:

Ah crap I need to read better, I thought it was a debuff. It's an upkeep too, so I guess you can cycle it (unless they changed how that works and I haven't read that yet)

Yep, you can upkeep it, activate that unit and kill things, then activate HR and move it to something else.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Those tusks really bother me and I don't even play Skorne.

It really is the faction for masochists.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Maybe it's just a weird angle, but I don't really even understand its face and tusks at all. It seriously took me a minute to figure out what was going on.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Had first mk3 tournament today. Went pretty lovely. My lists were basically "throw everything I have for ret into lists" lists. Casters were Vyros1 and Helynna.

First game was vs eCaine. The Helynna list was partially built to counter eCaine. His list just couldn't do any real damage to mine. He made a mistake early in the game and left Caine forward and he got butchered like bottom of turn 2.

Second game was Helynna vs Baldur with woldwrath, pureblood, trackers, druids, grevious-wounds-on-a-stick, and some other stuff. I charged the woldwrath with both my Banshee and Manticore. Neither one rolled above a 5 on a damage roll. And since the WW has sacred ward now he could put stoneskin on it to get it to ARM22. So I did lots of hits of 3 damage that in the end did nothing. He crushed all my warjacks. My sentinels did a bit more damage to the wrath than the warjacks did but still wasn't enough. He tabled me and I killed partial units of druids and bloodtrackers, that was it. At this point I didn't want to even continue playing, but since quitting in the middle of a tournament is bad form I soldiered on

Third game was Vyros vs Ragnor w/ Mulg, Mauler, Pyre, 2x bouncers, stone, 2 units of fire eaters, and some other stuff. Early on I was able to charge the mauler with my Banshee. Missed my charge attack and both my bought big sword attacks, doing a bit of damage with the small sword but it was laughable. His POW22 or whatever mauler just pounded my banshee into pulp. On his feat turn I decided to counter feat and try to kill mulg with Imperatus w/ the flank bonus. Left Mulg with 1 box. He proceeds to destroy Imperatus. Then he just kind of finished off the rest of my army, although by that point I just didn't really give a poo poo anymore.

Luckily the tournament ended there, because I had no desire to play anymore.

Faction/caster breakdown for anyone interested. Was 2 list optional:
2 Cygnar( 2 eCaine, 1 Kara Sloan)
2 CoC( 2 Lucant, 1 Iron Mother, 1x Axis)
1 Circle(Baldur1, Krueger2)
1 Ret(Helynna, Vyros1)
1 Cryx(pDenny)
1 Trolls(Ragnor, Calandra)
1 Legion(no clue)
1 Menoth(Malakus)

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 10, 2016

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Either Baldur and a Woldwrath, possibly even two, looks pretty strong. Unfortunately also only slightly more fun than Bradigus.

My own games with Ret have been limited to lower point values, but I like Helynna a lot. Probably not even going to expand much until the metal Kaelyssa resculpt comes out and the first round(s) of errata are out.

fnordcircle posted:

Maybe it's just a weird angle, but I don't really even understand its face and tusks at all. It seriously took me a minute to figure out what was going on.
All titans look like poo poo to me - I probably would have ended up playing Skorne if Titans weren't so ubiquitous - so I may be slightly biased against this model, but yeah, this looks pretty dumb.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Wizard Styles posted:

Either Baldur and a Woldwrath, possibly even two, looks pretty strong. Unfortunately also only slightly more fun than Bradigus.

My own games with Ret have been limited to lower point values, but I like Helynna a lot. Probably not even going to expand much until the metal Kaelyssa resculpt comes out and the first round(s) of errata are out.

All titans look like poo poo to me - I probably would have ended up playing Skorne if Titans weren't so ubiquitous - so I may be slightly biased against this model, but yeah, this looks pretty dumb.

Getting sacred ward instead of spell ward along with most factions having issues removing spells now (Eiryss 2 is my only option and it's like oh no, baldur will take d3 and I get a boosted pow10 on the arm22 woldwrath to keep the spell up).

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 10, 2016

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

PaintVagrant posted:

So here is why high reclaimer is loving nuts in mk3:

- sac lamb + power boost = reckoners and redeemer all have 2 focus for the cost of 1 TFG or choir guy. Even with the choir nerf thats a LOT of boosted shots. Reckoner went to base pow 14, so pow 16 now.

-Hand of Fated Idrians. The play seems to be prey their caster, because hand of fate fixes their rat enough to kill whatever they need WITHOUT prey. Then the feat/HOF assassination is always in play, and it will keep their caster out of the game, or they just die.

-HR feat is d3+5 dudes. They activate normally, no sac combat action restrictions or anything. They get placed in control, in formation, no other restrictions. So its pretty easy to feat back 6-8 idrians in aim or walk and shoot range of their caster. If your opponent didnt kill enough to make that work, kill them yourself before HR activates and feats.

The math on this is pretty good, single shots are rat 7 pow 13, hand of fate effect. So, a 15/16 caster with 3 camp is the target. Assuming I get 8 idrian shots, I hit on 8's with hand of fate, which is probably in the ballpark of 65% to hit (I think). Damage rolls are at -3, with hof that is probably ~5 damage per hit. So if I hit 6 times, you spend your 3 camp and then take about 15 damage and are probably very close to death.

That doesn't account for the fact that high reclaimer can do lots of spell damage before the idrians activate, and my list has 2 reckoners and a redeemer. If one of the reckoners hits you first, youre turbo dead because its a boosted 16 and your now flared.
I havent had a real assassination caster in PoM that I enjoyed playing , but HR is sickkkkk

Don't you have to make sure at least a few troopers in the unit remain alive? He can't bring back dudes in a unit that was wiped off the table right?

Also why the book in mk3? That thing is garbage.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 10, 2016

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

Getting sacred ward instead of spell ward along with most factions having issues removing spells now (Eiryss 2 is my only option and it's like oh no, baldur will take d3 and I get a boosted pow10 on the arm22 woldwrath to keep the spell up).

You can't remove with it, but Thyron's Spellpiercer being Blessed on a stick could help. Eiryss3 is pretty good upkeep removal, though that only helps with pBaldur's ARM buff, not eBaldur's. And Kaelyssa can shoot upkeeps off something, though I'd never want to be that close if I could help it. And of course the banshee helps by use grievous wounds as a way to stop healing on the Woldwrath. Armour skew with Wolds still looks to be a thing, unfortunately. It also super sucks when you don't have all the tools you need at your disposal, which tends to happen early on when you're starting a game.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rkajdi posted:

You can't remove with it, but Thyron's Spellpiercer being Blessed on a stick could help. Eiryss3 is pretty good upkeep removal, though that only helps with pBaldur's ARM buff, not eBaldur's. And Kaelyssa can shoot upkeeps off something, though I'd never want to be that close if I could help it. And of course the banshee helps by use grievous wounds as a way to stop healing on the Woldwrath. Armour skew with Wolds still looks to be a thing, unfortunately. It also super sucks when you don't have all the tools you need at your disposal, which tends to happen early on when you're starting a game.

I got the crit grevious on it, but my dice refusing to roll higher than a 5 at dice - 2 on damage meant I didn't knock anything out. If my dice hadn't totally failed me that game I think things could have gone way different. If the banshee had knocked out any aspect that turn the woldwrath would have had issues killing any of my jacks most likely.

I really hope Alton Ashley gets nerfed. I'm sick as hell of seeing him every game, and causing grevious wounds without doing any damage is dumb. Although I'm getting an aspis soon that is going to be in pretty much every list to shield guard from it.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khisanth Magus posted:

I got the crit grevious on it, but my dice refusing to roll higher than a 5 at dice - 2 on damage meant I didn't knock anything out. If my dice hadn't totally failed me that game I think things could have gone way different. If the banshee had knocked out any aspect that turn the woldwrath would have had issues killing any of my jacks most likely.

I really hope Alton Ashley gets nerfed. I'm sick as hell of seeing him every game, and causing grevious wounds without doing any damage is dumb. Although I'm getting an aspis soon that is going to be in pretty much every list to shield guard from it.

I'd figure Skarath is a better option for that. Alton Ashley stop the Aspis' shields from recovering each round. The faneknight is more expensive dollar and pointswise, but it seems like a better option. He's also up 2/4 ARM depending on what has died near him (meaning he'll stay around longer if need to take shots) and can actually do some damage if needed, which gives you the option against stuff like the woldwrath, since you're rolling at dice-7 or 5 on 4 dice. It's not great, but it's an extra hit that can do stuff.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wizard Styles posted:

I love Baldur because he is so versatile and makes circle play differently. His normal form is only worse because of WoldWardens can't pull off the charge-geomancy stoneskin-attack schtick anymore. Granted they don't need it as much because you can still charge with a SPD penalty.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rkajdi posted:

I'd figure Skarath is a better option for that. Alton Ashley stop the Aspis' shields from recovering each round. The faneknight is more expensive dollar and pointswise, but it seems like a better option. He's also up 2/4 ARM depending on what has died near him (meaning he'll stay around longer if need to take shots) and can actually do some damage if needed, which gives you the option against stuff like the woldwrath, since you're rolling at dice-7 or 5 on 4 dice. It's not great, but it's an extra hit that can do stuff.

I'm going to be picking up a mk2 bb at a discount. The manticore is becoming discordia, and the Chimera is being converted into an aspis. Sadly nothing to do with the griffon but make a second griffon.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hello here are some bad pics of babby's first Hunters Grim tyvm for looking at them!

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Why are people seeing so much of Alten Ashley? I feel like I'm missing something. Tough hate is nice and all.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm going to be picking up a mk2 bb at a discount. The manticore is becoming discordia, and the Chimera is being converted into an aspis. Sadly nothing to do with the griffon but make a second griffon.
My ret battlebox came with all three light heads on the sprue, and the difference between a second Griffon and a Gorgon is just the arm blades, no arc node and the head I think? You could go with that if you don't already have a Gorgon.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

fnordcircle posted:

Why are people seeing so much of Alten Ashley? I feel like I'm missing something. Tough hate is nice and all.

He's a really nasty anti-warbeast (and warjack to a lesser extent) because of his ranged ability to apply grievous wounds. One of the guys in my meta has started using him to hit column 5 on my warpwolves, then shoot them with his other jacks to knock out the spirit and prevent healing. Even on warjacks, knocking out a vital system and preventing repairs for a round is a real bastard to recover from, and doesn't take the investment of a heavy alphastrike.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Why the poo poo does grievous wounds stop repairs.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

gannyGrabber posted:

Why the poo poo does grievous wounds stop repairs.
Doesn't it also stop force fields regenerating? I mean, I know magical muscle wolves punching purple dragons punching realism and all but that's just bizarre.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Fyrbrand posted:

Hello here are some bad pics of babby's first Hunters Grim tyvm for looking at them!

:neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

eskimaux posted:

Thanks! I had it in my head that I couldn't bring units in until week 4 for some reason. Now for my (much) revised 75 point list I've got the battle group from before(barny, wrastler, spitter, bull snapper, swamp horro) plus
Max gators
Max croaks
Saxon orrik
Feralgeist (to fill 2 points in week 4)
Lanyssa ryssl
I've got 5 points I don't know what to do with.
Is the witch doctor worth it? The razorback crew look good...? Maximus, Alten Ashley? Too many options! What dyu reckon?

I just double checked the journeyman rules and you are right I had forgotten you can't take units until week 3 (been awhile since I participated in one).

1 0 Points Starting Battlegroup Only, No Theme Forces Mangled Metal
2 10 Points Battlegroup Only, No Theme Forces Mangled Metal
3 25 Points Battlegroup, Units, Solos, No Theme Forces Trial by Fire
4 50 Points Battlegroup, Units, Solos, No Theme Forces
(Warcaster/Warlock Swap allowed)
Trial by Fire
5 65 Points Battlegroup, Units, Solos, Battle Engines, Theme Forces Allowed Journey’s End
6 75 Points Battlegroup, Units, Solos, Battle Engines, Theme Forces Allowed Journey’s End

The scenario is mangled metal for the first two weeks so battlegroup only.As for the last pick the witchdoctor has become less useful due to ubiquitous tough, before posse didn't have it native drat editionitus. If you have 5 points left then try to use all 5, sadly you already have one of the best 3 point options and there aren't a ton of two point ones, aside from swamp gobbers. The razorback got a big buff and works quite well with barney, so it is a good choice. Alternatively, Alten isn't bad and neither is Gudrun or Orin Midwinter they are all exactly 5 points. Out of those 3 Alten is the easiest to use so you may want to play it by ear if you are finding everything a bit challenging. Gudrun basically mulches infantry in close combat and Orin has a few tricks that are handy like stopping magic spells going off and shooting lightning.