Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Wait, Nate "Human Giraffe" Jaqua ran 100 miles without falling over?

I call bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Revs stadium talk in June? But, season ticket renewal time is many months away still... :shrug:

quote:

Revolution reportedly talk with UMass about building a stadium

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2016/6...2160.1460970535

The New England Revolution could build a soccer stadium in Dorchester, MA, according to the Boston Globe.

The Globe claims that the Kraft family has spoken to University of Massachusetts officials about building a stadium on the waterfront property at the old Bayside Expo Center. The land was purchased by UMass in 2010.

This would actually be a pretty good location, if my Google-fu is correct. Has a red line station and just off of a major highway. Actually a pretty good location. Not sure if I will live to see something like this actually happen, but who knows.

Edit to add: don't wish to bump thread over non-news news so adding this below:

quote:

Can soccer stadium plan gain traction at Bayside?

http://www.dotnews.com/2016/can-soccer-stadium-plan-gain-traction-bayside

Chatter about the South Boston location has since quieted and the waterfront land now owned by UMass in Dorchester has become the focus of meetings. A source within UMass told the Reporter that a decision to move forward with more aggressive planning for a stadium deal is likely in the next week.

If an agreement is reached to plan a stadium on the Point, proponents will face a series of obstacles that would seem to make its mission daunting.

"Precedent" means Kraft has to pay for all expenses including traffic infrastructure because Gillette > Dorchester residents won't allow new stadium without improvements to local traffic infrastructure > Dorchester site has been needing local traffic infrastructure improvements anyway > but state won't pay for infrastructure improvements because "precedent" means Kraft should pay > Kraft won't pay for infrastructure costs he's already paid for and using at Gillette > back to step one and repeat cycle.

Basically the same story every time. Nothing is likely to happen but who knows maybe this time will be different.

Random MLS expansion talk:

quote:

Peter Seidler hoping to help bring MLS to San Diego

https://friarsonbase.com/2016/06/29/peter-seidler-hoping-help-bring-mls-san-diego/

quote:

Group hoping to bring MLS to St. Louis reports progress

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/socc...ce73cc6aba.html

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 1, 2016

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
NYC sold Poku to Miami FC. I guess he must be getting a raise to sign with Miami.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Gilberto is finally out of Chicago.

Rumor has it that he had an "emotional outburst" at the team and had to be on his own training schedule to keep him away from everyone else. Another Baky Soumare situation?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I was afraid Accam was going to melt down too from them being so poo poo, but he got a few good goals yesterday and probably feels pretty good for now.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Hey Vancouver fans! I'll be invading your fair city with all of two other Rapids fans for the July 9 game. If anyone wants to get together to exchange beers and disrespect colors let me know. If anyone who has been to Vancouver for a game has suggestions for a good place to get a pre-game beer let me know.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Hey Vancouver fans! I'll be invading your fair city with all of two other Rapids fans for the July 9 game. If anyone wants to get together to exchange beers and disrespect colors let me know. If anyone who has been to Vancouver for a game has suggestions for a good place to get a pre-game beer let me know.

I usually go to the Shark Club. It's a block or two away, they have decent poutine, and you'll get heckled a little by the home fans, but nothing bad.

If it is a nice day I'll just sit outside at the Library Bar, which is two more blocks up the road next to the giant Canada Post building. Service is really slow there though. Might be because I'm wearing a Sounders shirt though?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Orlando City fires head coach Adrian Heath

quote:

The decision came two days after the Lions suffered an embarrassing 4-0 loss at FC Dallas. Orlando City (4-4-8, 20 points) is in seventh place in the Eastern Conference, one spot out of playoff contention, after an inconsistent start to the season.

The club has not yet named a replacement. Assistant coach Bobby Murphy and Orlando City B coach Anthony Pulis will lead the Lions as interim coaches.

Assistant head coach Mark Watson also has left the club, effective immediately.

Heath has been with the club since the very beginning, coaching the Austin Aztex in 2008 and moving with the organization to Orlando in 2011. He led the Lions to two USL championships and three regular-season USL titles. He also was instrumental in helping the club make the leap to MLS last season, shattering attendance records along the way.

“It is always a very difficult decision to part ways with a head coach and not one that the board of directors has taken lightly," said Orlando City founder and part owner Phil Rawlins. "It is even more difficult when that coach has been instrumental in the growth of the club since its inception over eight years ago. Adrian has served this club with passion and enthusiasm. While our successes together are undoubtable, we believe the renewed energy this change will bring will be uplifting for the team. We feel that the time has come for us to move on with our future in MLS.”

Orlando City leaders called Heath's exit amicable. While in Orlando, Heath amassed a 98-41-33 overall record, including a 16-18-16 MLS mark.

Soccer fans often referred to Heath – also known as "Inchy" and "the Gaffer" – as a legend in the town, but in recent weeks many called for his head after a series of apathetic performances from the team.

Five days before the Dallas loss, the Lions exited the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup after losing at home for the first time in nearly a year in a match against second-tier NASL side Fort Lauderdale.

Orlando City also leads the league in draws, frequently scoring or conceding in the final minutes of matches. The team's back line is a sore spot, its weaknesses amplified by injuries and inconsistent lineups.

Heath promised changes to the squad during the summer transfer window, which opened Monday. A coaching change was not what he had in mind, but acknowleged the possibility in the preseason.

"I'm fully aware of what the situation is. The results dictate the security of my job," Heath told the Orlando Sentinel in January. "Well, give me the opportunity to bring the players in that will give me more of an opportunity to keep it, and I'll take whatever decision the club makes." He long has pushed to control the personnel put on the field, putting him in what he viewed as the best position possible to be a successful head coach. Despite narrowly missing the playoffs last season and a tumultuous offseason with a front office upheaval, Heath was optimistic entering the Lions’ second MLS season. The team, however, did not live up to expectations.

“This is a very difficult moment, but I fully support the decision made by the board," majority owner Flávio Augusto da Silva said. "I want to thank Adrian for the commitment and hard work he has given our team over the years and wish him success in his career. Now, it’s time for us to turn our focus onto the rest of the season. We will do everything in our power to continue improving and giving our fans the best of us because they have been fantastic supporters."

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Zero One posted:

Assistant coach Bobby Murphy and Orlando City B coach Anthony Pulis will lead the Lions as interim coaches.

Hire Tony Pulis. Ain't no way they get relegated with him at the helm.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I hear Ryan Giggs is available :v:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Tim Sherwood :allears:

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
Serious post: Jason Kreis.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Isn't Kreis holding out for Sigi (or Klinsmann)'s job to come open? It sure looks like it at this point.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dallan Invictus posted:

Isn't Kreis holding out for Sigi (or Klinsmann)'s job to come open? It sure looks like it at this point.

He probably won't have to wait long

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

In light of last weekend's activities, we're leaning into the skid:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
DC just acquired Lloyd Sam, supposedly for just allocation money. Hell yeah.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
He's really fallen off

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

He's really fallen off

He pretty much just turned into Dane Richards.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Seltzer posted:

He's really fallen off

Then he will fit in well with Benny Olsen's Old Man Over the Hill Soccer Extravaganza.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Dallan Invictus posted:

I read a piece this morning that says OCSC's owner is looking to create a Global Brand (tm), which sounds to me he's basically looking for a coach who will play the superstars he wants signed. I've heard Dunga's name floated around as just such a coach. That kind of approach strongly suggests it won't be a coach like Kreis who would want to implement his own system and want more control over player signings (especially after Kreis' time in charge of NYCFC, where he was in a "Here's the superstars now go win" kind of position).

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/orlando-city-fires-adrian-heath-analysis?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_m_medium=t

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

gently caress Dunga, although watching him fail at Orlando might be worth it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

He pretty much just turned into Dane Richards.

That makes him objectively better than the corpse of Chris Rolfe, so enjoy your fake money

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

That makes him objectively better than the corpse of Chris Rolfe, so enjoy your fake money

It signals that were definitely about to spend some serious money on our attack which is good news. I'll miss Sam though. He had a good run and played for the team. Sorry it had to end for him in DC

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sigi out.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Tzen posted:

Sigi out.

he won't fit through the door

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Tzen posted:

Sigi out.

Trade you for Olsen, straight up

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

That save :eyepop:

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/751986246356856832

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

That guy has potential.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
The curse of Conor Casey, who is actually just a garbage bag of compacted rotting cottage cheese masquerading as a paid professional soccer player, is real as gently caress.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

kansas city... good?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Two wins and two shutouts in a week? Must be July.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Another tico to MLS, Keyner Brown is going to Houston. He's a decent CB but nothing special.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Another tico to MLS, Keyner Brown is going to Houston. He's a decent CB but nothing special.

More then Houston can say

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Fire isn't in last place anymore, hope this lasts thru out the season.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Seems like interest in this league is way down. What gives

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Think a lot of my Seattle friends are following, but have things kinda on simmer given how bad the Sounders are this year (last night's result notwithstanding).

Also I'm ready to move on from Dempsey, that guy just can't control his temper. He's so easy to bait.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

kansas city... good?

actually, no

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
So Clarence Goodson (who had announced he was having season-ending surgery earlier today) let his Twitter get hacked. I think.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Real Name Grover posted:

So Clarence Goodson (who had announced he was having season-ending surgery earlier today) let his Twitter get hacked. I think.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
(Goodson is kind of a goon so I find it funny albeit not surprising he got hacked)

• Locked thread