Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
heres an opinion: mods are pretty cool and the forums are a friendly fun place because of their hard work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hemophilia posted:

This is probably controversial, but when police nationwide are just murdering people and escalating to the use of deadly force when it's entirely unnecessary, I think they should be afraid of reprisal. The same kind of reprisal. The kind where they're shot and killed just like so many police are shooting and killing people who don't deserve to die. They should not feel invincible. Being a police officer should be a civic duty. It should be a burden. It should be something that when you wear that badge you represent the best of your city and the best in america, acting for the safety of all people, and those who abuse that badge, or use it to get away with shooting black people who were already on the ground and in a non threatening position- they should absolutely be afraid for their own lives. They should fear reprisal. They should have sleepless nights with a gun under their pillow waiting for someone with a mind for vengeance to come and return the favor for their murder.

I like police. They do a good job, but when one cop abuses the badge it reflects on the whole force, especially since nothing ever gets done to the abusers, and their failure to handle this properly themselves. The failure of the justice system to properly handle them, means the only recourse left is the hope that society will hit them back, and make them afraid to clock in every morning.

thats not controversial at all. honestly, I am surprised it didn't happen earlier. and the sad thing is i am sure it will happen again. the problem is fear tactics by dipshits will just make the cycle worse.

Hamelekim posted:

Not sure if this is true or not, apparently it is.

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/751897424889782272

might be true(honestly it wouldn't surprise me) but i always take kings stuff with a grain of salt.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
would be nice to see some diversity in the mods though, the whites only rule for mods is a bit dated if you ask me

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i think the philandro castle was the real deal "scared rookie cops shoots innocent black man" story everyone wanted

too bad it will be eclipsed by the murdered cops when it comes time to "do something" (more laws)

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

John Denver Hoxha posted:

I'm gonna fight em off,
a shitpost nation army couldn't hold me back

I'm literally having a lol irl thank you

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

This is some kinda meta poo poo with a video within a video. What a time to be alive.

Its a video of a website with the videos embedded on it.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

reallivedinosaur posted:

heres an opinion: mods are pretty cool and the forums are a friendly fun place because of their hard work

whoa now you're supposed to treat authority figures as existential threats to your survival. this is gbs and anyone who has influence or power over you is basically a dad whose house you can never move out of

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Its a video of a website with the videos embedded on it.

So a website with a video of a website with a video.

I reiterate, what a time to be alive.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cthulu Carl posted:

This is some kinda meta poo poo with a video within a video. What a time to be alive.

I was confused too. But who is yelling gently caress! gently caress! Midway through? Hope it was a cop. Not a passerby. And poo poo that 4 yr old :(

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

reallivedinosaur posted:

would be nice to see some diversity in the mods though, the whites only rule for mods is a bit dated if you ask me

Black mods matter

gregday
May 23, 2003

Deray McKesson was just arrested at a protest in Baton Rouge.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/alBssDExMzI4fDFEWHh5Wmp2cldWS01myrNh1hhAQE6YBsd9UsjajQVEVd7Z8F-ZSRcY9NR6KQ==

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

whoflungpoop posted:

Smackin folks for bad words wouldnt stand out as much if yall could just please also smack habitually bad posters for existing

this fool and that fool are just gimmick accounts that fart out unfunny threads and if you could please ban them or send me their info i would be glad to tie their tubby asses to a space heater and spank their lil dicks with a ruler

Look in the lower right corner of any reply. See the little button marked "Report"? Use it. It calls the attention of the mods and admins to jokers like this. Otherwise, we often miss stuff. I don't read every thread. You help out by pointing out the idiots.

Fun fact: Over 95% of the people I ban/probate were reported to me. I don't generally prowl the forum looking for people to ban. I read it for the same reason you do. Because I like it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

genesplicer posted:

1. It's not a joke, it's racist language, something we are trying to eliminate in GBS

2. If you don't like it, talk to the admins. They seem to want this, too.

This is good, please keep doing this.

e: You are good, thank you for your work

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Just a thought, but have you considered that the report-happy retard babies are the ones that should be removed instead?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

genesplicer posted:

Look in the lower right corner of any reply. See the little button marked "Report"? Use it. It calls the attention of the mods and admins to jokers like this. Otherwise, we often miss stuff. I don't read every thread. You help out by pointing out the idiots.

Fun fact: Over 95% of the people I ban/probate were reported to me. I don't generally prowl the forum looking for people to ban. I read it for the same reason you do. Because I like it.

snitches find riches

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

genesplicer posted:

I see report is available on your posts :/

So anyways, how many local cops around goons have issued a "statement", mine has. They seem kinda scared.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Have there been any of those silent, page flipping videos posted on Facebook in response to this event? That sure would be something.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

genesplicer posted:

i usually read it to crank off, but this thread is not "doing it" for me

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If cops just started shooting more white people this wouldn't be a problem.

#NoLivesMatter

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

fits my needs posted:

lol, not really. why don't you respond back to my question with a statement instead of south park or whatever?

i CLEARLY CANNOT KEEP UP WITH YOUR HIP AND EDGY CLEVER POSTING STYLE. i AM EVER SO INTIMIDATED BY YOUR SOCIAL CONCIOUSNESS.

edit: what on earth is wrong with my key caps

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Brannock posted:

remember! a cop is more likely to be shot by a black person than to shoot a black person. black people are waaay more likely to be shot by another black person than by a cop

(this is in no way denying that black people are killed by police 3x as often as white people)

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
:iiam:

Department of justice! :argh:

1. Legalize all drugs
b. Government to supply drugs and tax the hell out of it to fund drug treatment and mental health care
41. enjoy less crime, less LEO enforcement, less violence across the board
0. fini

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jul 10, 2016

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

all this means is both white and black people commit crime at disgusting rates and that the Other group should take control of the government and police

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Faffel posted:

all this means is both white and black people commit crime at disgusting rates and that the Other group should take control of the government and police

The "other" group is neck and neck rate with whites per 100k though :shrug:
2/5th of a person less per 100k.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Cartouche posted:

We do like to break people into fifths

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Cartouche posted:

these god drat minorities

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
what race do you guys think is the best? White, black, or one of those gimmicky ones?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Inuit are pretty cool imo I have never knowingly met an Inuit person in my life

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

I know what I'm doing this evening.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
just seen on news some ex military guy stood at attention for 4 hours at a memorial, they made it seem like this was of his own free will, seriously??

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

BoonyPC posted:

just seen on news some ex military guy stood at attention for 4 hours at a memorial, they made it seem like this was of his own free will, seriously??

Don't lock your knees when you stand at attention for that long or you'll literally pass out from lack of blood flow.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

same

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So that post bomb squad robot closeup photo of the guy going around legit?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

davecrazy posted:

So that post bomb squad robot closeup photo of the guy going around legit?

link

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

reddit frontpage

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Where can I buy the hat? Not the MAGA hat but the other one

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
death and dying is bad

and, thus, guns, basically, all of em

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Chinatown posted:

death and dying is bad

and, thus, guns, basically, all of em

the only way to avoid death and dying is to not be alive.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Google Butt posted:

the only way to avoid death and dying is to not be alive.

your av looks like a dude going deep on another dude minus the important part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Institutional racism is America's West Bank settlement .

Sooner or later another black is bulldozered and it will trigger another wave of revenge killing.

• Locked thread