Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Xander77 posted:

Last time around I did a short compilation dedicated to the man, the legend, the guy who managed to have the Arabs lose a 3 on 1 fight (again) in exactly six days - Nasser. This time we're doing a followup - the War of Attrition, a formalization of the Arab-Israeli conflict as a proxy war for the US and USSR, the Russians getting kicked out of Egypt, the Yom Kuppur war and the following peace talks.

Great stuff, some real gems in there.

I love this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Henry, buddy, you're looking a little Ted Cruz there.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, what kind of monster would give encouragement to their children? Like, I know this guy's a total dickhead but "trying to inspire self-confidence in children is wrong"? Really?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, what kind of monster would give encouragement to their children? Like, I know this guy's a total dickhead but "trying to inspire self-confidence in children is wrong"? Really?

If you're busy giving encouragement to your kids, that means you're NOT busy teaching them about all the hell awaiting them if they veer away from reading the Bible for even a second.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pilchenstein posted:

If you aren't constantly crushing your children into the rigid molds you desire, then you'd basically telling them to bow to Satan. Understanding and support is just an excuse.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

Well, that documentary proves that one German was disturbed, while the rest was happy to knit / drink out of skull themed paraphernalia :colbert:

My stepfather once told me stories from his parent's time from the war. A lot of people in Nienburg were scared because the Gestapo kept disappearing people. Everyone was glad when the British army finally occupied the town, because the silent terror was finally over.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Interesting sentiment coming from someone who self-identifies as a hip and trendy young person. How old is this fuckhead again?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Somfin posted:

Interesting sentiment coming from someone who self-identifies as a hip and trendy young person. How old is this fuckhead again?

40s, IIRC.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lol seriously? Honestly thought he was like 30 at most and just incredibly repressed compared to most people his age. That's fuckin' hilarious if he's really 40+.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The repressive parenting that Adam4d advocates certainly never led to any psychosexual abnormalities in adulthood.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

SSNeoman posted:

I'm sorry I can't hear your naive but uplifting message over that altar-boy-as-a-cherry figure :stare:

why is it naive?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Space-Bird posted:

why is it naive?
It's based on the idea that the problems in the world are caused by "bad apples," rather than systemic issues.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Moddington posted:

"Look at all these strawpeople I invented, who have 'coexist' and 'don't judge me' bumper stickers, yet are judging and not coexisting with my fellow poor, persecuted christians! How hypocritical of them!"

e: The awkward setup is because it's using an age-old cliche because Lietha is a hack. And Noah's Ark is there because Lietha will under no circumstances shut up about the Ark.

It's Noah's ark because a judge recently ruled that Ken Ham's ridiculous Ark Encounter park is eligible for millions in tax breaks despite only hiring evangelical Christians as employees, and some people aren't happy about that.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

being a bit mean to that kid there, God

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I don't think I've ever seen Jesus depicted wearing an armband before.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Jesus depicted wearing an armband before.

Or being specifically pro-cop, either.

In fact, I seem to remember he had some problems with the authorities back in his day...

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's based on the idea that the problems in the world are caused by "bad apples," rather than systemic issues.

what do you think the tree is?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Holy gently caress, "god wears my bumper stickers and is angry at the other side" might just be the most lazy and self-indulgent political cartoon formula I've ever seen.

The author thinks they're taking a middle-ground stance and cannot possibly comprehend that's what they just did, but seriously gently caress whoever this is.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Space-Bird posted:

what do you think the tree is?

One bad tree trying to spoil all the good trees? It's the same as the apples in a bunch saying but with trees.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

this is probably one of the worst cartoons I've seen on recent events thus far. Surprising considering how milquetoast/mainstream Democrat Marlette usually is

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Insert chainsawsuit_allhousesmatter.png here.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Hmm yes I'm sure in the case of a "lawful" execution of a citizen by the authorities, Jesus would side with the killer.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Yeah, Scandanavia, knock that poo poo off!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

At first I thought this was about the Dallas shooting.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

And the waiter says, "Señor... the bull does not always lose."

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
I don't even know where to begin over how angry this makes me. Holy poo poo.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Does God know what's going to be in God News before he reads it?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Rorus Raz posted:

Gargamel Did Nothing Wrong

Well he did create the only female smurf, tho some will call that a mistake I suppose.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

One bad tree trying to spoil all the good trees? It's the same as the apples in a bunch saying but with trees.

:stare:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

A CineD cartoon

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Wha

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I think it's Tinsley's version of Rall-Ebert.jpg

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

SOME GIZMO :argh:

-a young girl.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

"Dumb popcorn flicks are better than films that try to be deep or artistic or anything except nonstop explosions and shooting."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Having to think during a movie makes me too stressed out to enjoy myself, and yet I still think I'm smarter than everyone else for some reason."

• Locked thread