Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

RossCo posted:

Could I get a reinvite on Sproinksier please?

This purge was swift and brutal!

The note was there for a couple of weeks and people kept checking everyone online and telling them to make the note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Jusupov posted:

The note was there for a couple of weeks and people kept checking everyone online and telling them to make the note.

In that case I am bad, and should feel bad :)

Will teach me to get into the habit of logging on, zapping through Zana and Vorici then logging out.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Yeah I have got purged several times just cause I forgot to check the motd

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
If only GGG made it so it showed your last login :( But it's not like it's the dumbest thing about the game now

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Yeah, it's not like there is an overabundance of tools for guild management.

Anyhoo, if I could get that reinvite on Sproinksier that would be great. I've turned on 820 to break the silence and I can feel my brain cells dying.

Edit: Done, thank you

RossCo fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 10, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

So I happened to find out that Outmatch and Outlast doesn't work well with the bleed nodes in Gladiator's tree since the bleed effect doesn't proc Endurance and Frenzy charges and I'm not sure if the 10% bonus phys damage reduction and damage boost at max charges is worth it. At the point I'm at right now I can change my build to focus on building up my block rating to about 44% base without having to really sacrifice anything so would it best to go with VC for the 100% spell block and Iron Reflexes? I had initially planned on using both Acrobatics keystones since I was basing my build off of an old south-paw reave build but this would destroy my block chance if I did so.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Tindahbawx posted:

Theres no way to full respec right, just those 1 point at a time things?

In general, that's correct. Major patches that shuffle around skills/etc often include full skill resets, but otherwise that's it.

quote:

I should really follow a guide for a build in future on new characters, correct? I've got about as far as Cruel on my Templar and I'm beginning to realise that my build is terrible, I should just go back and start over?

Until you know what you're doing, definitely follow builds.

Starting over really isn't too bad, especially as you get more familiar with the game, including the tricks for navigating through zones, such as: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4er4m7/all_poe_maphacks/

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I play every day and missed the fact there was a purge coming. No one ever said poo poo to me. /shrug
Please invite Fartbong_Bonersatan.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Apple Craft posted:

I play every day and missed the fact there was a purge coming. No one ever said poo poo to me. /shrug
Please invite Fartbong_Bonersatan.

It's always only in the gmotd. Sometimes people will say something in gchat, but it generally gets drowned out anyway.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
how much accuracy should I want on a coc build?

obviously "more is better" but if I got +1400 accuracy from a hinekora's plus a quiver, I'm wondering whether that's enough to kick the issue into the 90+% chance-to-hit bushes forever

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ronya posted:

obviously "more is better" but if I got +1400 accuracy from a hinekora's plus a quiver, I'm wondering whether that's enough to kick the issue into the 90+% chance-to-hit bushes forever

Most people use some form of cannot be evaded mod to circumvent accuracy entirely, but if you're doing blast rain it literally doesn't matter (for now).

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ronya posted:

In red maps you want something like 5k total accuracy for the average white mob. There's a chart with enemy defenses hiding on the official forums somewhere. Poacher's Mark helps if you have a way to keep it up and a Cospri's but bosses have a huge amount of reduced curse effectiveness.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 11, 2016

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
I was using a lioneye's glare (which has Hits can't be Evaded) but it feels so much worse than Quill Rain for coc

and I was considering a hinekora's for the dodge anyway; the ridiculous +1k acc would be a waste with Hits can't be Evaded...

I'm running Poacher's Mark right now... hmm. Need to calculate how much acc I need to pierce 3-4k monster evasion if it has Poacher's

e: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/58406/page/1

this chart suggests I should be able to hit 93% with ~2k acc on a white mob if it is Poacher'd (i.e 49% less evasion). good enough!

ronya fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 11, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ronya posted:

I was using a lioneye's glare (which has Hits can't be Evaded) but it feels so much worse than Quill Rain for coc

and I was considering a hinekora's for the dodge anyway; the ridiculous +1k acc would be a waste with Hits can't be Evaded...

I'm running Poacher's Mark right now... hmm. Need to calculate how much acc I need to pierce 3-4k monster evasion if it has Poacher's

Lioneye's works better than you'd think since it lets you do some jewel shenanigans over in templar country instead of picking up bow crit nodes, while also letting you ignore accuracy on the tree. It's probably better for payloads that aren't spark/ek/freezing pulse, though. You actually don't need as much attack speed as you'd think with barrage or blast rain, but if they haven't fixed the blast rain bug just ignore all this and keep on with quill blast rain.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
I'm still doing Lioneye's Fall shenanigans in templar country, it started as a lioneye's build. Needed to head there for the power charges anyway (this is an Assassin). Are there other gimmicks I should know about?

payload is bladefall/glacial cascade

the slower proj speed with Lioneye's Glare compared to Quill Rain feels pretty bad with Blast Rain; that's putting aside the hit to Blink Arrow movement, the loss of pinning bosses to the wall with knockback, etc

what's the blast rain bug?

ronya fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 11, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ronya posted:

I'm still doing Lioneye's Fall shenanigans in templar country, it started as a lioneye's build. Needed to head there for the power charges anyway (this is an Assassin). Are there other gimmicks I should know about?

payload is bladefall/glacial cascade

the slower proj speed with Lioneye's Glare compared to Quill Rain feels pretty bad with Blast Rain; that's putting aside the hit to Blink Arrow movement, the loss of pinning bosses to the wall with knockback, etc

what's the blast rain bug?

Blast Rain didn't check accuracy. I thought they fixed it. If you use lioneye's you use barrage, which feels so nice with king of the hill or that staff node that does the same thing. Or just use barrage anyway because it's super comfy.

You can still pin bosses with blast rain but you have to work at it more. Not worth doing without quill, though.

Don't forget about frenzy charges, you won't have many actual damage bonuses and the attack speed goes great with lioneye's (100% global attack speed and you'll be right up with quill). consider using vaal grace + atziri's step for your dodge needs, a level 20 one should just about cap you without hinekora's

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 11, 2016

Hauki
May 11, 2010

blast rain checks spell dodge rather than evasion

it hasn't been fixed yet

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Then forget what I said about lioneye's and barrage. And skip hinekora's for vaal grace.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Hauki posted:

blast rain checks spell dodge rather than evasion

it hasn't been fixed yet

wait, seriously

that changes everything

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ronya posted:

wait, seriously

that changes everything

Yep. Accuracy is not a number you give a gently caress about with that bug in play.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Hauki posted:

Most people use some form of cannot be evaded mod to circumvent accuracy entirely, but if you're doing blast rain it literally doesn't matter (for now).

this was already fixed unfortunately, blast rain can miss as normal now.

e: whaaaaat it hasn't?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Making your first 6 link ever is cool.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Bugsy posted:

Making your first 6 link ever is cool.

Prophecy, or loving with fusings?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Count Uvula posted:

Prophecy sells for 10 ex and you can buy 6l kintsugi for 7+

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
I have not yet ever rolled a 6L.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ronya posted:

same here buddy

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The Blast Rain bug still has not been fixed. I used Lioneye's anyway because Quill Rain felt cheaty as hell. It's still super super strong with Lioneye's, though I really wish I had a 6l for it - every link is so drat strong.

Unrelated - how much ES should I have with a WI/Pyre character? I'm at level 73, I think, and I've got around 6.4k. With a life leech gem and warlord's mark on blasphemy I can draintank virtually anything, but I still get lowish sometimes and fights like Izaro and Atziri can gently caress me up proper.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Count Uvula posted:

Fuses, less than 200 of them. Bought it with 6 sockets for 35c.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
any ideas on what this might be worth? hot garbage or a whole bucket of ducats?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I'm no expert, but that looks pretty worthless.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Hard to say... for most builds it probably blows but for some player it might be exactly what they need. I keep a public stash tab full of poo poo like that for 1c that i pull from regularly to do chaos recipes with. Best case, I sell it for 1c. Worst case, it's 1/10 of a chaos.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Fun times on my first uber lab. I was able to facetank Izaro with pretty much no threat but Argus was too much for me to handle. Had a tough fight with the final Izaro but wasn't too much of a problem. Went into the next room to collect my fat loot with 3 keys and watched as my screen filled up completely with currency. It's a shame I forgot that I had some Tome prophecy that proceeded to kill me as I picked up my loot. I didn't even touch the font to get my 2 points.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
First time using an ex on a jewel. Could be better but could be a lot worse

Dang

Tai fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 12, 2016

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Out of curiosity - what's the earthquake build everyone is talking about and why is it so good? Not familiar with the gem.

ronya posted:

Same here.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
This is what Earthquake looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9m0Wld8_VE
(looks like EQ - Increased Area of Effect - Less Duration with Herald of Ash)

Right now poison/bleed based EQ using Voidheart seems to be the go-to, but even without that (probably should've been nerfed) ring phys-based EQ is really strong (mute the audio before you play this):

soscannonballs posted:

Got my first Core map today. I forgot to start recording until Phase 2, but here is Jeb vs Malachai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bhJCHLxKA

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
haters can't appreciate a good soundtrack

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Elentor posted:

Out of curiosity - what's the earthquake build everyone is talking about and why is it so good? Not familiar with the gem.

Same here.

my main man jeb right here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864/page/1

36 challenges were super easy, got me up to Core, too

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I want to do twinned core and uber but my connection has been poo poo for like 2 weeks now and its really annoying.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Hello new ungodly expensive item:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/753042443344502792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

I think this is actually terrible unless it is really common due to the Berek rings making up the majority of the loot table.

• Locked thread