Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Trip report: Tried to galtse our private guild forum within the amar forums.

Ayn Rand's :spergin: ranting broke the entire forums.

e: Oh god that means I just DDoS'd the forums with Galtse.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Goons are why we can't have nice things.

:negative:

Farts
Nov 4, 2005
It's amazing how just being able to watch numbers get larger is satisfying enough to keep playing.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Goons are why I keep playing. G-chat filled with incessant bitching about ambush hazmat shipments and network fuckery on the job, all the while at the job make me believe there is still hope in the world. :allears:

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Moose_Knuck posted:

Goons are why I keep playing. G-chat filled with incessant bitching about ambush hazmat shipments and network fuckery on the job, all the while at the job make me believe there is still hope in the world. :allears:
:same:

You can be sure that at least one Goon is going on about his boss not understanding computers every 24 hours.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
brinewave of the guild Slumber is a cool and good carpenter. He made a balloon for me at no cost and no questions asked. On the other hand, Chronos of the guild -PoD- is a not so cool and particularly nasty kind of guy. He does not believe in the gospel of Tim.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Chronos blacklisted us back during the cone shenanigans in april. He is a good example of the fun and friendly long time players this game has.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tim has some new scripture: The Holiest day is July 7th, the day we ate of his flesh.
Grumpy is his holy brother (not necessarily literally)

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

MooCowlian posted:

Chronos blacklisted us back during the cone shenanigans in april. He is a good example of the fun and friendly long time players this game has.

Like the guy this evening who was pining about how the world chat wasn't G rated at that particular moment in time?

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Good work, goons. We have fought long and hard, and finally worn down the pubbie nuisance. The heathen, Charles Bukowski, has finally surrendered to the army of Tim and severed his connection to the server. Also, kudos to Marx on exposing Gomez and his filthy ways. This is a glorious day for our lord.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
HAIL SATAN

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Wait, what happened to Gomez?

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Marx called him out in world after doing that creepy roleplay that he does. Basically, Marx coaxed Gomez into admitting he has some crazy affection for an internet girl, which she promptly shut down. Oh, and he's a homophobe.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Oh man. Did anyone save a chat log? And follow up, how the gently caress did she not notice that weeks ago?

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Thanks Marx, now we'll never see poorly spelled bouquets of roses being put in people's mouths again.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Vasler posted:

Thanks Marx, now we'll never see poorly spelled bouquets of roses being put in people's mouths again.

* RabbitWizard puts som eroses wit outthorns in Vaslers mouth and :a2m:lles him

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

nah if I remember right he kept writing it bookay or something really stupid.

e: I don't think he ever did look up Tom Lehrer's Masochism Tango . Hinting too much on how to find something is a mute for getting around linking rules. Oh well, I always felt he should have left the thorns in and channeled Tom. (not to be confused with our lord Tim)

pixaal fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 9, 2016

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Wait I went out drinking with my friends and I missed a meltdown???

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Haha, guys that wasn't me. I'm the "Accidentally calls pubbies weird goddamn :spergin:lords in worldchat" guy.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 9, 2016

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Oh wait are you talking about when I asked Gomez if he was dating Lady IRL too or only e-dating her?

Because that was pretty funny actually and I'm glad I didn't miss it. B)

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Just dropped about 2/3 of our Coal stockpile on some dude looking to buy @ 15 ea, we are now 225k richer than we were an hour ago.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We're extremely low on Cherry Pie, as well as both animal and snek hides.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The Shortest Path posted:

We're extremely low on Cherry Pie, as well as both animal and snek hides.

We need to resurrect Murderspree Monday for animal hides! I'm leveling tailoring right now and have been self gathering but it's easy nice to get some surplus.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I'm making a boatload of Pie Crusts as a sanity break from Bass fishing and Rune summoning.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I filled ~3500 milk bottles as part of my gathering binge so I guess that helps the pie bit

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 10, 2016

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Coffeehitler posted:

I'm making a boatload of Pie Crusts as a sanity break from Bass fishing and Rune summoning.

Cherries seem to be the bottleneck more than the rest. 5 per pie and I think they come from extensions?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Ratzap posted:

Cherries seem to be the bottleneck more than the rest. 5 per pie and I think they come from extensions?

you can also get them from chopping cherry trees in DF

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Ratzap posted:

We're sitting on roughly 20k cherries, the bottleneck is Pie Crusts.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Coffeehitler posted:

We're sitting on roughly 20k cherries, the bottleneck is Pie Crusts.

How? Is the timer/XP that lovely? Because the mats for 753 pie crusts are in storage.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ratzap posted:

In a perfect world yes you would need the most people farming cherries to make the pies, we just never have people make the crust because it's not the best XP. There is a better easier crust recipe higher up, and Grumpy has said he liked the idea of the next "better" food also being a pie and having a better pie crust for islands 2/3.

This might not happen though because well, Grumpy is known to just do what he thinks is cool and good. Island 2 is pretty fish heavy so I hope we get fish head pie :3:

e: I also think we are heavily lacking cooks, especially at the low XP level.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Flour is our big bottleneck because we have to go pine cones --> pine nuts --> flour, which is a lovely long proccess that gives very little EXP. I'm just finishing up a batch now, should have around 2000.

You can also do Sunflowerseeds --> flour, but sunflower seeds are from extensions and are pretty slow to get.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Crell posted:

Flour is our big bottleneck because we have to go pine cones --> pine nuts --> flour, which is a lovely long proccess that gives very little EXP. I'm just finishing up a batch now, should have around 2000.

You can also do Sunflowerseeds --> flour, but sunflower seeds are from extensions and are pretty slow to get.

Nut crushing is always going to be poo poo XP because base timer is 20

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
There is rice which we can plant and harvest, http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/handful_of_rice
Cooks with lvl 35 can turn that in flour.
Or is that still too slow?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

RabbitWizard posted:

There is rice which we can plant and harvest, http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/handful_of_rice
Cooks with lvl 35 can turn that in flour.
Or is that still too slow?

We need to make some rice beds to pick and churn but cook level is a bottleneck there.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The other thing is that cherry pies disappear pretty quickly a lot of the time. Taking 10 seconds off for an hour is 15 pies. A single person could very easily use several hundred in a day. In a guild of 61 actives, they're not going to last long.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
In terms of time / actions / effort required vs. exp gained, would it make more sense to try and grind out full sets of pink Blue clothes, rather than going for pies? Even if we wind up with a substantial surplus of non-pink Blue clothes, it should help reduce the total pie consumption.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Crell posted:

Sunflowers are better than pine nuts aside from the planting time restriction imo

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Even if everyone had full sets of superior Blues, that only goes so far against timers. Then there's spells which requires mana (don't get me started about lovely loving Magic and terrible terrible loving Mana) and people being around that can cast it or you being far enough along in Magic that you can cast the requisite skill. Or you can use Cherry Pies that work anywhere and for any task.

pixaal posted:

Nut crushing is always going to be poo poo XP because base timer is 20

Cone crushing is base 20 timer, nut crushing is not.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

CubicalSucrose posted:

In terms of time / actions / effort required vs. exp gained, would it make more sense to try and grind out full sets of pink Blue clothes, rather than going for pies? Even if we wind up with a substantial surplus of non-pink Blue clothes, it should help reduce the total pie consumption.

We can do both at the same time without any issue. Flax plants don't compete with pie resources other than just being another gathering action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Flour can use any kind of nuts--no one yet has mentioned pumpkin seeds, chestnuts, or acorns. I don't know if this makes a huge difference on the XP gains, but it's not as if you have to grind pine just to get flour.