Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

Ah, so like Harley Quinn, then. Cool.

Oh yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

achillesforever6 posted:

That and the movies aren't shot interesting or cool like Snyder because they care about things like making everything else enjoyable with characters.

That's quite a sentence.

I saw the extended version of this the other day. I went in thinking, surely it can't be a awful as everyone said, and finished it hating myself for having bothered to find out. It's super bad. I don't think I've ever seen a major studio release that was so completely incoherent. It felt like three different movies badly edited together.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

frozenpeas posted:

That's quite a sentence.

I saw the extended version of this the other day. I went in thinking, surely it can't be a awful as everyone said, and finished it hating myself for having bothered to find out. It's super bad. I don't think I've ever seen a major studio release that was so completely incoherent. It felt like three different movies badly edited together.
Yeah I know, basically I know Marvel movies kind of don't give a poo poo about how the film looks on a cinematographic level and more focus more on getting really charismatic actors to have fun and tell a goofy story that most people like over the SMG's who are obssessed with taking screencaps of the Avengers and explaining why its bad while screencapping scenes from Transformers to explain to me why its such a great movie that I don't get.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I know, basically I know Marvel movies kind of don't give a poo poo about how the film looks on a cinematographic level and more focus more on getting really charismatic actors to have fun and tell a goofy story that most people like over the SMG's who are obssessed with taking screencaps of the Avengers and explaining why its bad while screencapping scenes from Transformers to explain to me why its such a great movie that I don't get.

Did this actually happen

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ZDar Fan posted:

Did this actually happen
Actually I might be confusing people, I know there was a thread that talks about how the Transformers franchise is actually great and subversive and not totally banal and awful movies.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

Actually I might be confusing people, I know there was a thread that talks about how the Transformers franchise is actually great and subversive and not totally banal and awful movies.

also they really love the star wars prequels and prometheus

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ultron was hot trash.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Ultron was hot trash.

Oh course he's trash, he assembled himself out of junk.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ultron was worse than BvS.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

achillesforever6 posted:

Actually I might be confusing

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ultron was aggressively mediocre and forgettable, which I feel like would be a step up for BvS.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

achillesforever6 posted:

No, you're just slightly mis-remembering some fine details. SMG actually was doing side by side screencap comparisons of Fury Road and Transformers in the Mad Max thread to prove that Transformers is high art and Fury Road was derivative Hollywood garbage.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Otisburg posted:

Ultron was aggressively mediocre and forgettable, which I feel like would be a step up for BvS.

I literally forgot what was happening in BvS while I was watching BvS.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

I literally forgot what was happening in BvS while I was watching BvS.

Oh drat that would be like Cinematic Alzheimers. "Batman??? What the gently caress? Why is he here? What's going on? Why is it so daaaark in heeeeere I can't find my keys oh god"

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

the whole middle part of ultron was a mess with characters just flailing around while the plot went nowhere

bvs was like that for the entire move

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i went to middle school with kevin feige marvel guy's little brother, kevin feige has like thousands and thousands of comics interestingly enough

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Frankenstyle posted:

No, you're just slightly mis-remembering some fine details. SMG actually was doing side by side screencap comparisons of Fury Road and Transformers in the Mad Max thread to prove that Transformers is high art and Fury Road was derivative Hollywood garbage.

Well, there's the theory that each Michael Bay movie, or at least the Transformers series has gotten egregiously more and more retarded and offensive on purpose in order to try and find a breaking point for audiences where they will wake up and realize the puerile trash they have been watching is in fact garbage and demand better from their movies. To date, he has failed. This is supposed to explain things like the lingering shot of the "Romeo and Juliet" law (a real one that exists) that says hey, it's totally cool that this 25 year-old dude is porking this 16 year-old girl against her father's wishes because Texas says so, or something close to that. See also, a minstrel show performed by blackface robots in one of them. I wouldn't really know because I barely made it through the first one.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I've only seen Transformers when at a friend's hours during an eight year old graduation party. There were five thousand kinds running around screaming and the dad put the movie on and just showed me "all the good parts" jumping around out of sequence for all the action scenes.

I'm not sure if that happened or it it was a fever dream.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The part where they call down CAS against the robot scorpion is legit cool.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Pvt.Scott posted:

See also, a minstrel show performed by blackface robots in one of them.

hang on

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

gonna need some specifics here

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

gonna need some specifics here

Revenge of the Fallen, YouTube skids and mudflap (yes those are their names).

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

achillesforever6 posted:

Because Marvel hates creative freedom, bring back New Hollywood and let Directors do whatever the gently caress they want, screw everyone else who has a hand in making the movie especially the people funding it.

what if "do whatever the gently caress you want" is "make a real bad movie" tho

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Well, there's the theory that each Michael Bay movie, or at least the Transformers series has gotten egregiously more and more retarded and offensive on purpose in order to try and find a breaking point for audiences where they will wake up and realize the puerile trash they have been watching is in fact garbage and demand better from their movies. To date, he has failed. This is supposed to explain things like the lingering shot of the "Romeo and Juliet" law (a real one that exists) that says hey, it's totally cool that this 25 year-old dude is porking this 16 year-old girl against her father's wishes because Texas says so, or something close to that. See also, a minstrel show performed by blackface robots in one of them. I wouldn't really know because I barely made it through the first one.

considering that Michael Bay was almost certainly banging/statutory raping Megan Fox from like age 15 I find this theory hard to believe

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

considering that Michael Bay was almost certainly banging/statutory raping Megan Fox from like age 15 I find this theory hard to believe

yeah if bay is just pretending to be a douchebag to expose Hollywood douchebaggery then it's a really long con

like 'andy kaufman faking his death' long

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Haha I didn't know Mr. Bay was loving children and then rubbing it in our faces. That's even better.

Here's a compilation video of some Skids and Mudflap poo poo. It has music over the top, presumably to avoid auto-takedown poo poo.
https://youtu.be/-vP190QGnrY

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

The problem with AoU was that they implied Ultron was causing global catastrophes with E-Terrorism, but never bothered to cover that angle even with just with a montage of him shutting down power grids and turning all of Londons traffic lights green or whatever. The problem with BvS was that the director has the attention span of a goldfish and the whole move was a series of semi coherent barely related music videos pasted together randomly.

Advantage / Ultron.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Frankenstyle posted:

Everyone is confusing this with this https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571842

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Well yeah there is that. But SMG did pop into one of the GBS Fury Road threads to post screenshot comparisons "proving" George Miller totally ripped off his shot compositions from the "superior" Transformers movies. His shtick should be tiresome by now, but it's goddamn impressive how many gullible people line up to jump on the SMG train.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

It's not that Michael Bay isn't talented, he is. It's that he chooses to use his talent to make enormous piles of money by making brain-dead, titillating explosion-fests rather than make art. I can't say that I blame him for making that decision.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

Well yeah there is that. But SMG did pop into one of the GBS Fury Road threads to post screenshot comparisons "proving" George Miller totally ripped off his shot compositions from the "superior" Transformers movies. His shtick should be tiresome by now, but it's goddamn impressive how many gullible people line up to jump on the SMG train.

SMG is probably the finest troll this forum has seen because he's convinced most of CineD that not only is he not trolling, he's actually a genius whose opinions they should defer to.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

AoU had a good Hulk vs Iron Man fight in the middle

I just wanted more Spadertron but they were too wound up in world building to have a more coherent story

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Frankenstyle posted:

The problem with AoU was that they implied Ultron was causing global catastrophes with E-Terrorism, but never bothered to cover that angle even with just with a montage of him shutting down power grids and turning all of Londons traffic lights green or whatever. The problem with BvS was that the director has the attention span of a goldfish and the whole move was a series of semi coherent barely related music videos pasted together randomly.

Advantage / Ultron.

Counterargument: BvS was bad, in a funny way.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

please don't be an idiot.

naem
May 29, 2011

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

OK, I confess to being the biggest idiot ever, because I skimmed the first page of that thread and could not tell whether or not everyone posting in it was joking

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ZDar Fan posted:

OK, I confess to being the biggest idiot ever, because I skimmed the first page of that thread and could not tell whether or not everyone posting in it was joking

there are multiple people in cd that think the film aliens is mediocre. that's about all you need to know.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

there are multiple people in cd that think the film aliens is mediocre. that's about all you need to know.

What?!

I will fight them all in real life, one at a time, marathon match style.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

WampaLord posted:

SMG is probably the finest troll this forum has seen because he's convinced most of CineD that not only is he not trolling, he's actually a genius whose opinions they should defer to.

Seriously. With a little more ambition he could easily become be the next L. Ron Hubbard / Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

in a perfect world he gets modded and his first act would be to make all applications of death of the author prohibited under threat of ban

• Locked thread