Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Unhappy Meal posted:

They are. The hospital near me has about 8 PoIs that are exactly the same. So if you want to find PoIs near you just use the Ingress Map (Ingress account required) until someone sets up an equivalent for Pokemon. Though since the Pokemon themselves are random(ish?) it's less useful.
I must say the Ingress Intel site runs like a hunk of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Is there a Boom Beach thread? I like it a lot but I haven't joined any teams yet.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Is there a Boom Beach thread? I like it a lot but I haven't joined any teams yet.

If you are a time traveller you showed up a few years too late.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

marshmonkey posted:

If you are a time traveller you showed up a few years too late.

What, did everyone abandon that game for Clash of Clans or something? It even got an update recently with a new unit and troop loadouts and everything!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Since the developer of Dungeon Raid doesn't seem to be coming back and we're coming up on two android versions since it's worked properly, are there any other games that scratch that same itch for people?

That game was a criminally good time waster and I've yet to find anything else on its level in that department.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Wrist Watch posted:

Since the developer of Dungeon Raid doesn't seem to be coming back and we're coming up on two android versions since it's worked properly, are there any other games that scratch that same itch for people?

That game was a criminally good time waster and I've yet to find anything else on its level in that department.

Doesn't Dungeon Link play similar to it?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Wrist Watch posted:

Puzzle Craft and Another Case Solved use a similar matching mechanic, and both are pretty good games. Puzzle Craft used to be free of IAPs but EA bought the series and shoehorned it in. The first one is great, give it a shot, or maybe find an APK of a pre-IAP build. Another Case Solved is also free with IAPs, and very fun. I did buy some of the permanent upgrades, which were worth it.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

victorious posted:

Anyone here beaten Spellspire? I've beaten level 100 (top of the tower), but there are also now 'Underground' levels which each have 5 stages, of which I'm down to level 8. Anyone know how far down it goes? It doesn't appear to be randomly generated.

I got to 13 before I stopped.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Chinook posted:

Puzzle Craft and Another Case Solved use a similar matching mechanic, and both are pretty good games. Puzzle Craft used to be free of IAPs but EA bought the series and shoehorned it in. The first one is great, give it a shot, or maybe find an APK of a pre-IAP build. Another Case Solved is also free with IAPs, and very fun. I did buy some of the permanent upgrades, which were worth it.

Wait, there's a Puzzle Craft 2?! :dance:

And it got bought by EA and they shoved in a bunch of microtransactions? :smith:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Wrist Watch posted:

The only other game that is on its level in any way is Darkin, but that's for iOS too. :negative: I switched from iPhone to an S7 a month ago and Dungeon Raid is one of the two things that I miss. There's nothing on Android that comes close.

Speaking of which, the other thing I miss is Dream Quest: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/dream-quest/id870227884?mt=8 -- It's definitely not on Android, and the developer now works for Blizzard. No chance. Anyone know of anything like it?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Re: Tiny Tower - is it at all possible to have the Stock All button prioritize the highest level item you can have in a shop? If my shops are empty it keeps doing the level one or two items, or if I have the second or third items stocked it goes for the first level.
It's supposed to work that way so you either have to come back into the game, or spend your bux to use the stock-all button. :ssh: It's one of those skinnerbox, habit forming, engagement marketing, whatever-buzzword tricks.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

CrashCat posted:

I must say the Ingress Intel site runs like a hunk of poo poo

Use IITC with it to unfuck it.

RE Puzzlecraft 2 - I took a big poo poo on it here when it came out but have played it a lot since and it's actually pretty great. EA made the microtransaction nagging annoying but it's very playable without spending a dime. WOrks offline too.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

limited posted:

It's supposed to work that way so you either have to come back into the game, or spend your bux to use the stock-all button. :ssh: It's one of those skinnerbox, habit forming, engagement marketing, whatever-buzzword tricks.

Oh my!

In reality, that just seems like the way most people play and expect it to work (stocking the quickest thing first)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wrist Watch posted:

It works fine for me?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Thanks for the game suggestions guys, I'll give them a shot.

Kheldarn posted:

It works fine for me?

The game itself opens up and is technically playable but the animations are paaainfully slow. Something about the transition from android l to android m messed with the game something awful and the dev never bothered to update it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just started playing Tap Tycoon after hearing Jeff talk about it on the latest Giant Bombcast because the Katamari game is kind of poo poo, and this seems like a good one. Any goon-run Investment Groups out there?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wrist Watch posted:

The game itself opens up and is technically playable but the animations are paaainfully slow. Something about the transition from android l to android m messed with the game something awful and the dev never bothered to update it.

Ah. I've not played it on M, so that's probably it.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Knightmare posted:

I got to 13 before I stopped.

In that case I'm guessing it goes down to 20 to mirror the 'up' levels, but so far there doesn't seem to be any incentive to keep going down.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Chinook posted:

Another Case Solved is by the same developer as Puzzle Craft and is pretty cool with its Guess Who type mechanics layered in on top of the matching. Thanks! Only gripe is ads popping up randomly in the office in a way that feels like they're trying to get me to accidentally click them.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm disappointed. I visited Chicago over the Independence Day weekend, and I think I got a whopping one survey out of the deal. C'mon, Google!

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
It seems like it's slowed down a ton. I think maybe they blew a bug chunk of their budget back a few weeks ago when surveys were going out all over the place.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

It seems like it's slowed down a ton. I think maybe they blew a bug chunk of their budget back a few weeks ago when surveys were going out all over the place.

My Wife is getting surveys every second day.

My last one was November 2015.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I'm glad they slowed down for me, I was on the verge of uninstalling the app because every single day for a couple months I would see a survey pop up only to find yet a-loving-nother "which of these stores have you been too?" with stores nowhere near where I'd been.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

I'm glad they slowed down for me, I was on the verge of uninstalling the app because every single day for a couple months I would see a survey pop up only to find yet a-loving-nother "which of these stores have you been too?" with stores nowhere near where I'd been.

Oh man cry about all those dollars. :fuckoff:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

m.hache posted:

My Wife is getting surveys every second day.

My last one was November 2015.

Yeah I used to get one every other day then all of a sudden they stopped completely and I haven't gotten one in over a year.

Now google maps asks me questions about places I've visited and it's like, you want me to do this poo poo for free now?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Please tell me you've all seen the tweet from the WBC about getting the sodomite clefairy off of their gym

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Is there a pokemon go thread?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Yes

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Please tell me you've all seen the tweet from the WBC about getting the sodomite clefairy off of their gym

No, but :lol:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah I used to get one every other day then all of a sudden they stopped completely and I haven't gotten one in over a year.

Now google maps asks me questions about places I've visited and it's like, you want me to do this poo poo for free now?

Yeah I get those too. Maybe we answered surveys too well and got put into a Google maps pilot program?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I've been in a survey lull as well until last week when I wandered too close to an Old Navy apparently.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

I'm not sure if it actually helped or if this was a random thing, but I reinstalled my Survey app and started getting surveys again

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

ModeSix posted:

Oh man cry about all those dollars. :fuckoff:

When you can't answer those with a place you've been to it gives ten cents. After a month of that I had like two and a half dollars. It's a complete waste of time and I'd rather get nothing at all.

If the stores were at least places around me I'd be fine with it, but none of them were familiar enough for me to lie on and I didn't want to risk not getting real questions in the future because of it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
It takes ten seconds per question :confused:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

It was mostly how long it went on, with me thinking "oh cool maybe I'll get one that actually let's me earn something decent this time" and getting the same dumb question that paid peanuts.

I guess it was better than nothing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I like peanuts.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I like peanuts.

Potato chips all the way

You heretic

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I'm pretty sure they only ask questions when they have a need for data from certain demographics, and it definitely is rather boom-or-bust it seems. Ragequitting because of a dry spell seems a bit counterproductive.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So for mystic castle has someone fogured out best worker optimization for money? Is it smelting gold or setting up mats to sell that high end cloth stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Fallout Shelter just got updated with a bunch of new crap like new locations, a new combat system and the ability to actually go outside your vault on quests to explore and get loot.