Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Captain Invictus posted:

It seems to be a model and not a real cake(judging by it not sitting on a plate or anything) which is unfortunate, that cake always looked pretty good in SMRPG aside from the whole coming-alive-and-trying-to-kill-you part

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It's sitting on some kind of paper which you could do with a real cake, but the white icing is very clearly clay complete with finger marks.

The candy cane is papier-mâché, the red balls are painted polystyrene and the decorations look like modelling clay. Definitely a model.

e: let's have some actual weird fanart cakes

:nws:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e4/93/85/e49385fdd11570bf302c718a7204567b.jpg:nws:

Terrorforge has a new favorite as of 14:20 on Jul 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Looks like a crystal hands version of a Zaku 1.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a zaku 1 Evangelion.

It's from a website, I forget the name, but it was where a bunch of good Japanese artists gathered and they'd have challenges every week or two where they'd have a style they'd have to draw a mecha in, and could draw whatever mecha they wanted in that style. So you'd have gundams in Evangelion style, mazinger in eureka 7 style, doraemon in syd mead style, etc

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

from fanfictionimg

The MSJ posted:

J.A.B.C. posted:

Come on, let's keep this going. More cool stuff from people who also do bad stuff.

I appreciate your willingness to go with the nuclear option immediately.

Hitler drew those

Concordat has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Feb 9, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0d7X_4YtNE

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Bad Apple, Undertale style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgGCdeV6miM&hd=1

The original, with english vocals as above

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG-Fs7de_9o&hd=1

And the original Touhou version, original song, english subtitles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEUeWnV73U&hd=1

I remember seeing the original touhou version on the evening news and thinking I was in a fever dream. Apparently one of the anchors really liked the black and white artiness of it and got it on the Boston ABC(?) news. I was just boggling at Touhou being on mainstream US news.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/MammonMachine/status/751908105890336768

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The Undertale version disappoints compared to most other spins on that particular video, but Undertale fanart does that a lot.

It did remind me of this thing, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdFlmPQk4o4

Notable for eclipsing both the originals in my mind (and i like both of the originals a lot). It's also fanart, kinda?

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010

HenryEx posted:

The Undertale version disappoints compared to most other spins on that particular video, but Undertale fanart does that a lot.

It did remind me of this thing, though:

Notable for eclipsing both the originals in my mind (and i like both of the originals a lot). It's also fanart, kinda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJEu8N1z128

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait, is that track from super hexagon, not a remix or anything? I've not played it.

The bad apple track is from a 90's touhou game, so if super hexagon just copied it, that's lovely.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait, is that track from super hexagon, not a remix or anything? I've not played it.

The bad apple track is from a 90's touhou game, so if super hexagon just copied it, that's lovely.

It's a high-quality rip.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a remix. Dunno why they didn't bother indicating that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6atL8AwzKc

W. D. Basterd
Jul 11, 2016
this post was loving huge, don't do that

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:40 on Jul 11, 2016

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Jesus loving Christ.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

And the original Touhou version, original song, english subtitles

This gets me every time, but that one is still a remix.

The actual original Bad Apple!!! is a chiptune in the fourth game, which is why the original video and remix that took off is also Touhou-based - it just happens that the remix completely eclipsed the original song.

W. D. Basterd
Jul 11, 2016

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

W. D. Basterd posted:

You guys talkin' about undertale? heres some of me finds

You should feel bad for yourself.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:39 on Jul 11, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Death is certain.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

KiteAuraan posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
page 424 cant come fast enough

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Jul 11, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Did you intentionally pad out the length of your ridiculous post by posting the same art multiple times, or was it an accident? Either way, bad form

W. D. Basterd
Jul 11, 2016

Nihilarian posted:

Did you intentionally pad out the length of your ridiculous post by posting the same art multiple times, or was it an accident? Either way, bad form

Just wanted to share my collection, I get excited thinking about Undertale, and have built up a pretty big collection. You should play it!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Seek therapy.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

Okay, uhhh maybe make some good posts yourself before you get all judgemental. :henget:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

You see, there's this thing called "Terrible ironic shitposting" that exists to interrupt activity in a thread. Especially on an obvious burner account.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I never thought this would be a palate cleanser but

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

chaos rhames posted:

I never thought this would be a palate cleanser but

What the gently caress is this?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The most astounding thing about that post is that it wasn't even close to the character limit.

W. D. Basterd
Jul 11, 2016

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Edit: Sorry double post

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

You see, there's this thing called "Terrible ironic shitposting" that exists to interrupt activity in a thread. Especially on an obvious burner account.

At the same time, the thread has kind of been an attractive environment for this kind of stuff for a while

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Did you have to include all of DeviantArt in one post?

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Cicadalek posted:

At the same time, the thread has kind of been an attractive environment for this kind of stuff for a while

Yeah there's been a NOTICABLE dip in quality in this hear threaddo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cicadalek posted:

Well, yeah, thread invasions aren't exactly rare.

• Locked thread