Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

My dumb friend is the luckiest motherfucker on the planet and managed to pull not one but TWO Valeria Phoenix pins, aka the Black Guardian of this series.
Those codes, along with my Bravo and Baggage (:negative:) are for sale in SA mart if anyone wants to take a look before I put them on ebay in a few days:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782780

I'm open to knives for the Bravo and Baggage pins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqRMr_eedE0

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I just got home and I heard the news about Liquid's beatdown.

Also it still says I need one point for Bronze but I played today so that is my additional point!? Cmon, I want my bronze trophy. :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Got silver Dorito. Waiting for fantasy team. Was at 10% today before games. Hoping to get 5%

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Soulex posted:

Got silver Dorito. Waiting for fantasy team. Was at 10% today before games. Hoping to get 5%

Fantasy updated, I went from 16% to 12%. Got silver in both pick'em and fantasy, the pick'em dorito was already sent to my inventory.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
A long post:

For all of 2015 we talked about the death of the IGL and how it was no longer plausible for teams to have proper in game leaders if they didn’t have the same fragging power as the aim stars. Most people thought that 5 monster fraggers and a coach was the future of CS, and teams with the dead weight of most IGLs were doomed.

Are we backing out of that now? Should fnatic be begging pronax to come back?

Even Gambit and F3 made it out of groups this time while other probably objectively more skilled teams struggled. B1ad3 and hooch suck dick at CS, relative to some of the players on the teams they knocked out, but their style of slow, methodical, and tactical CS seems to have won out at every stage of this tournament give or take, and every team out of groups has a serious longstanding IGL except for fnatic.

Was this major a statistical anomaly or not? It seems a lot of the same story at Columbus too, in terms of teams with IGLs succeeding while aimer teams like nV, C9 and FaZe all failing hard. Even NiP got out of groups there with their coach as the IGL at Columbus, and they got knocked out by F3 this major, the same team they beat out last time to get out of groups.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
It might be worth noting that coaches did not have their own PCs at this major, unlike other tournaments where they're basically able to spectate their whole team at all times. Valve has outright said that they wanted it to be 5v5 and not 6v6, so coaches were somewhat limited in what they were able to contribute in this event compared to others. I still think that the 5 fraggers + coach is more solid overall, though.

Perhaps to take your point to an extreme, zonic said his role standing in for dupreeh was basically to run around and get info and drop guns and they somehow made it out of groups.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

made 4% on fantasy team, gimme dat Gold

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SK winning pushed me to Silver Team Pick-'Em. Glad I could put my NA hubris aside.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
It still says I am one point away from Bronze. And I notice it diddnt even register my day 1 for Team Liquid. Oh well, I'm not that worried about it. I still had fun watching the event!

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Been using this EC2-A for like a week now and it's good... but I think the Castor is still better, even with the "click latency" people talk about. Can't find a way to actually hit good shots with the Zowie.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Do people still play matches from the goon group or is everyone just doing fantasy league stuff?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

ded posted:

Do people still play matches from the goon group or is everyone just doing fantasy league stuff?

Do you mean the goonpug server sub.io or do you mean the novas group, or what? (The answer is yes they do regardless)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I play in the goon 10 man server from time to time. It's not an easy transition.

I was called a smurf today. Felt good.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
do goonpugs also all fan out in 4 different directions when you kill the bomb carrier

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i'm trying to watch GDQ runs but people are running around aiming at foot level and it's making my brain scream

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Pomp posted:

do goonpugs also all fan out in 4 different directions when you kill the bomb carrier
yes

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Stopped playing for two months and the game ranked me Nova 4. I was MGE before my break lmao

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

Stopped playing for two months and the game ranked me Nova 4. I was MGE before my break lmao

I didn't play for two months, and my first match was against non-smurf silver 4s. I was only GN2, so that should give you an idea how bad these guys were.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Is there a price difference for souvenir packages with desirable names? Like I have a train with KennyS. Compared to the other ones who I don't know.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I don't think they're listed by player so there shouldn't be

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Pretty sure there is. I've had two cases drop this major (after three or four majors of nothing). The Get_RighT Cobblestone case went for 18 EUR, a day or two later I got a Waylander case (Cache I think?) that only cost 6 EUR. On the other hand, there was obviously a huge price drop as the event went on.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Cobblestone case is baseline 20 bucks because it has a chance of dropping a dragon lore. Pretty much every other case drops worthless crap except for the M4A1 Masterpiece from the overpass case I guess. Name doesn't seem to affect desirability.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Katana Gomai posted:

That's like a 2 rank drop?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gigawhite posted:

Name doesn't seem to affect desirability.
I think it only makes a difference if it's a cobble package signed by a top-tier AWPer like GuardiaN, Fallen, or kennyS, because Dragon Lore.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

mcvey posted:

That's like a 2 rank drop?

Three, it's Nova 4 > MG1 > MG2 > MGE. Either way I've got some grinding to do.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 11, 2016

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I keep 30+ bombing at Silver Elite Master.

I guess I'll rank up at some point, but it's nice being at the top for now.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

The Ferret King posted:

I keep 30+ bombing at Silver Elite Master.

I guess I'll rank up at some point, but it's nice being at the top for now.

I was DMG and due to inactivity/focusing on operation drops, I'm currently stuck in Silver 4/SEM (don't remember after last game). I'm top fragging hard and won the last 3 games but I'm pretty sure my rank didn't budge.

I forgot how cute the hacking accusations in Silver were though :3:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah. And I don't have any misconceptions about where I "should" be, rank-wise. I know I'm garbage. But it's nice knowing I can whiff a shot here or there and still have plenty of time to take out the guy with the Bizon drawing a pattern around my character's model. Simple pleasures.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Sounds like they should have put a higher floor on rank decay or a floor somewhere.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i was inactive for two months and i decayed from gold nova 4 to silver 1 and i'm still put against hackers in prime matchmaking

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Talked to my brother in law, he's going to let me know when he has an opening at his shop, since he'll be doing it for free. Pretty sure he has no clue why i want a tat of a horse head.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Ozmiander posted:

Talked to my brother in law, he's going to let me know when he has an opening at his shop, since he'll be doing it for free. Pretty sure he has no clue why i want a tat of a horse head.

Have you tried, you know, explaining it to him like a normal person?

But then again normal, well-adjusted people don't get esports horse heads tattooed on them because they lost a bet on a comedy forum, so maybe it is best that you keep your mouth shut.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Have you tried, you know, explaining it to him like a normal person?

But then again normal, well-adjusted people don't get esports horse heads tattooed on them because they lost a bet on a comedy forum, so maybe it is best that you keep your mouth shut.

He has to go through with it, because I was going to go through with it if they had won. :colbert:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Photex posted:

He has to go through with it, because I was going to go through with it if they had won. :colbert:

Curious. Say they did win. Where would that horse head tattoo be?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Katamari Democracy posted:

Curious. Say they did win. Where would that horse head tattoo be?

Calf.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
you should get 2 little liquid logos under your left eye like teardrops

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Tramp Stamp.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I dunno about you guys but I love being in Silver. Played about 6 comp matches. Won 2, tied one, and lost the rest. Most hilarious match was with a bunch of Swedish teens who were high on weed for the first time. It was magical :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Katamari Democracy posted:

I dunno about you guys but I love being in Silver. Played about 6 comp matches. Won 2, tied one, and lost the rest. Most hilarious match was with a bunch of Swedish teens who were high on weed for the first time. It was magical :allears:

You're lucky; all I've been getting are the loud, whiny fat 12yr olds.