Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

screams internally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i had a medley queued up last night but i didn't do it because i was tired

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i should have done the medley

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I should have done the medley

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

[screams externally]
I SHOULD HAVE DONE THE MEDLEY

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:rip:

that sucks, panda :(

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

there's only one way i can repair my shattered spirit

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

unsheathes wallet from scabbard

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

gently caress, 123260.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
12382 here and finally got a bronze trophy. My first time song ranking for the life of this game.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The 50 free gems were staring at me. Devil Nico was staring at me. What's a poor idol fan to do?

:smith:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The 50 free gems were staring at me. Devil Nico was staring at me. What's a poor idol fan to do?

:smith:

4 SR pull is still decent.

Futaba Anzu posted:

screams internally

This is literally painful to look at. drat dude.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

4 SR pull is still decent.

Not as decent as it used to be, and repeats are no longer anything special.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

graybook posted:

12382 here and finally got a bronze trophy. My first time song ranking for the life of this game.

Did you seriously get 30k for Mayu? Probably more, to be that high up.

Futaba Anzu posted:

screams internally

You can scream externally. I think that's okay in this case.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Not as decent as it used to be, and repeats are no longer anything special.

Are you in a brave new world of four rarities atop normal?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
31267. I wanted to be secure. With her as my sole Cute SSR and blessing me from my first daily pull, I had to show the proper reverence.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
So with a Caravan on the way in SS, could this mean we might see Caravan/Live Party alternation on the event rotation pattern?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Zenostein posted:

Are you in a brave new world of four rarities atop normal?

Rates are just better now. SR pulls at 15% (up from 9%) and the added SSR 4% makes single SR pulls like the one I had this morning a lot less common.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/sleepfool/status/680294434362146816?s=09

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I've finally joined Starlight Stage Crew and it is pretty glorious. I've already got Fumika's Normal card and an Arisu, so I'm pretty pleased with my idol line-up at the moment.

How the heck does the gatcha thing work? I don't want to pass up a opportunity to get a rare, cute card if I can help it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sylphid posted:

I've finally joined Starlight Stage Crew and it is pretty glorious. I've already got Fumika's Normal card and an Arisu, so I'm pretty pleased with my idol line-up at the moment.

How the heck does the gatcha thing work? I don't want to pass up a opportunity to get a rare, cute card if I can help it.

Premium gacha works 3 ways: daily draw (60 Star Jewels, but only once per day, and only with gems you paid for), single draw (250 Star Jewels), and 10-draw (2500 Star Jewels), where the last has guaranteed SR or better or whatever, I don't remember the mechanics of the non-R guarantee offhand.
Sometimes we have periods where the SSRs and SRs(? i forget if they're limited too) being released are limited, and they will only be available until the period is through (end time denoted at top left corner of premium gacha screen). The other week we had Cinderella Fes, which boosts the SSR rate to 3% from 1.5%, but is very short and seems to only happen once every three months. And this time we had SSRs that were Fes-limited, in that they will be available again in the future, but only whenever the next CinFes happens.
I think also for new users there's the option to buy a promo where you will receive a ticket for a 10-draw and a ticket for a guaranteed non-N card of your choice (aka get your non-limited SSR of choice because why would you waste it on an R or SR unless you want a certain idol('s card)).

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

did 2 11 pulls on my alt account (saving my 2 11 pulls for my main for when 1st year URs)

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm so glad I decided to be a Cute Producer.

Her egao could cure cancer.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Sylphid posted:

I'm so glad I decided to be a Cute Producer.

Her egao could cure cancer.

Uzukiiiiiiii~

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Just tried playing SS in a public place, so I had to mute my phone.

Failed experiment, would not do again.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Next time, try playing SS in public without muting your phone.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Maybe it's just because the iPhone's speakers are on the bottom, but I have no idea how any of y'all play without headphones.

Like, setting aside "what the gently caress are you listening to" for a moment, aren't your hands or a table or whatever muffling the sound pretty badly?

:/ does make me wish the headphone jack was on the other side though, since every game for the iphone's default landscape orientation is upside down.

But yeah, the fewer inputs required the easier it is to play without sound. Two-button stuff is halfway manageable, for example. Well you probably won't fail at any rate…

As for the gacha, your life will be better if you just save your penniesstar gems until you see something you want, and then experience the crushing disappointment.

Although I guess there's some logic to it, since I swear I've seen people guessing at who'll be up next from time-to-time.

At any rate, here's a list of the limited gachas. Also at that site (it's Usamin S@tellite, from the OP) is a card list you can filter by various things. According to that, there are limited SRs from the gatcha, in addition to the event ones. It seems that all the featured cards in a limited gatcha are limited, so there's that.

As an aside, those cinfes NewGen are like little traps for the 'pick a buddy' screen. Unless, of course, you have an off-suit team kicking around for whatever reason. That reminds me, I should probably update my biggest numbers team. :v that way I am always offering a useful center bonus, even during a caravan!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
If I'm at home, I generally won't need headphones, but if I'm taking a break and playing, I will carry earphones to keep my power level from being broadcast.

I'm gonna draw for Pana tomorrow morning, so to be superstitious I'm probably gonna have my figures on the big container of rice we've got and put my phone there and do all my draws that way. Can't wait to be disappointed.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Out and about, I generally SIF muted. I do worse than with sound, but not terrible, usually. Heck, sometimes I do unusually well!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Zenostein posted:

Like, setting aside "what the gently caress are you listening to" for a moment, aren't your hands or a table or whatever muffling the sound pretty badly?

Nexus 6P. The speakers are on the front.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ruby Already?!

This seems quick. Like, really quick, what the heck. I haven't burned gems at all.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Some cheap 5-10 dollar headphones work for attempted tiering in public spaces. I haven't been carrying them around since I usually have them in a coat pocket and it's summer right now. Plus I haven't been interested in tiering anything for a while since it burns me out every time I do it.

I have an LG G4 which I've complained about in this thread, but the speaker is in a place that doesn't get blocked from holding the phone while playing games. However, the headphone jack is in a really akward position. So I used to play exclusively with headphone on with my old phone, but now I never do while I'm at home.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Outside, I use headphones to play SIF at work or on the bus.

At home, no headphones obviously.

That said, it is somewhat harder to play with headphones because it sorta messes with your grip on one hand.

However, the last time I tried SIF with Bluetooth it was poo poo so I don't Bluetooth while idol gaming.

The thought of playing without music or playing in public without headphones is weird, especially since you're not supposed to play loud music in subways or buses out of consideration for other passengers.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

That said, it is somewhat harder to play with headphones because it sorta messes with your grip on one hand.

However, the last time I tried SIF with Bluetooth it was poo poo so I don't Bluetooth while idol gaming.

The thought of playing without music or playing in public without headphones is weird, especially since you're not supposed to play loud music in subways or buses out of consideration for other passengers.

Yeah, there's too much delay on Bluetooth for it to be viable. Unless you adjust the timing for it, but that's annoying unless you're going to keep the Bluetooth headset constantly connected, and will solely/mostly play your rhythm game with the headset on.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

:/ does make me wish the headphone jack was on the other side though, since every game for the iphone's default landscape orientation is upside down.

Holding my phone deliberately upright the 'wrong way' until the rotation flips is still the first thing I do whenever I open SS or GF. I could probably get used to it the other way if I actually tried, but, eh.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Holding my phone deliberately upright the 'wrong way' until the rotation flips is still the first thing I do whenever I open SS or GF. I could probably get used to it the other way if I actually tried, but, eh.

I like to shake the phone. I'm sure it doesn't make it rotate any faster, but it feels better.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's maybe a little awkward to have the headphone jack there at all, but being on the top is way less intrusive than on the bottom, since that's where the heel of my palm is. I can put up with my hands not being perfectly symmetrically oriented, but I can't exactly put a headphone jack through my palm. Accidentally did that once with a pencil, and now there's a grey dot on one of my palms.

Never tried with bluetooth, in large part because I don't even remember where I left my headset.

Now though, I almost want to try with a car. Except that would be monumentally stupid on a few too many levels, even for a laugh.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
So what's the deal with the little tickets at the bottom of the Live menu? When I select it, and choose a song, it takes me to a training room background, where I get nothing even after a Full Combo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sylphid posted:

So what's the deal with the little tickets at the bottom of the Live menu? When I select it, and choose a song, it takes me to a training room background, where I get nothing even after a Full Combo.

They're practice tickets. They let you play a song at no stamina cost and let you measure its difficulty so you can decide if you're capable of tackling it or not, as well as the general score you're gonna get.

I like using them in Token events to see if I can get S score on Master+.

Or if I can even survive Master+.

They're capped at 3 and refill every day I think?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I did my draws for the new Pana (and to a lesser extent the new Nico as well).

https://imgur.com/a/gqv9z
So after I practiced away a lot, I had enough seals to buy another blue ticket draw. I had neglected to screenshot the group of 3 blue draws that I did, but they were SRs anyways.
Last blue ticket draw: https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/KXv44tWSlcFCW8vODo4q3KPMfe7o2QD3/Screenshot_2016-07-11-07-29-14.png

Conclusion: Smile Team is gonna be REALLY overpowered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Congrats!

Idolized cyber Maki is so good.