Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Digimon has the best characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

[quote="BROCK LESBIAN" post="461903767"]

So that's a pinball, zangief, and roddy piper? What's his name?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Nuebot posted:

More so in the early official art than in the show though. In the art everything is always covered in random stitches, scars and veins for no particular reason. Then it tends to mellow out a bit the newer the designs get.

This is that same digimon. :shrug:

i imagine animating something that complex would be a tremendous pain in the rear end and cost a lot of money, which would get in the way of shovelling that poo poo out ASAP

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

de la peche posted:

Nanimon. It attacks by throwing poop. Digimon has an entire poop based line of attacks in many of its games.

President Ark posted:

i imagine animating something that complex would be a tremendous pain in the rear end and cost a lot of money, which would get in the way of shovelling that poo poo out ASAP

That's why like 90% of the digimon have never actually shown up in the show. According to the wiki there are over a thousand of the drat things.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

de la peche posted:

Nuebot posted:

Nanimon. It attacks by throwing poop. Digimon has an entire poop based line of attacks in many of its games.

I think it's also a Tamagotchi reference (Digimon was created by the same creator and company after Tamagotchi proved to be more popular with girls than boys), but I might be mixing it up with a different one.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

He better be careful when he gets his beard trimmed.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DavidAlltheTime posted:

He better be careful when he gets his beard trimmed.
He'd be getting his ball shaved anyway.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Nuebot posted:

That's why like 90% of the digimon have never actually shown up in the show. According to the wiki there are over a thousand of the drat things.

Sounds like the long lost mascot of Space Station 13.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It looks like Kirby ate Macho Man Randy Savage.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Your username would be a good name for that digimon

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Has anyone said the Penny Arcade style looks like poo poo these days yet?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I think it's also a Tamagotchi reference (Digimon was created by the same creator and company after Tamagotchi proved to be more popular with girls than boys), but I might be mixing it up with a different one.

They're both Bandai, but I'd bet it was the result of a bit of cleverness with limited resources. The original Digimon toys were small and had pretty limited displays and resources, so you didn't really have a lot of potential projectiles for them to shoot.

They had poop there as a sprite for independent reasons; poop is just a separate thing to keep track of during the day, you have to clean it every so often. And since they're also the same size as a bullet--because there's not many possible sizes for sprites on those things--why not design a few gag Digimon that use poop as a bullet?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Cleretic posted:

They're both Bandai, but I'd bet it was the result of a bit of cleverness with limited resources. The original Digimon toys were small and had pretty limited displays and resources, so you didn't really have a lot of potential projectiles for them to shoot.

They had poop there as a sprite for independent reasons; poop is just a separate thing to keep track of during the day, you have to clean it every so often. And since they're also the same size as a bullet--because there's not many possible sizes for sprites on those things--why not design a few gag Digimon that use poop as a bullet?

Also there're a couple digimon that are poop.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think that one is Belphemon, who is cute in his sleeping mode, although still incredibly destructive, until the primary villain merges with him, awakening him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdISfpvPlm8

The best part is the body horror - partway through the fight the scientists face comes poking out of Belphemon's chest yelling HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!

Unfortunately I can't find the clip of the latter..

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Oh hey, comics

Post Your Favorite (or Request) › PYF Funny Comics: Eaten Alive By Your Vagina

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

It is annoying that the first comic on this page was the 13th comment.

I love Formal Sweatpants and his art is the reason I now subscribe to MAD Magazine

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

It is annoying that the first comic on this page was the 13th comment.

I love Formal Sweatpants and his art is the reason I now subscribe to MAD Magazine

Needs more wolf hair.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

Nitrox posted:

Oh hey, comics

Post Your Favorite (or Request) › PYF Funny Comics: Eaten Alive By Your Vagina

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean to press the emptyquote button (why is there no confirmation before posting?). I will return with a funny comic.

EDIT2:

Megera has a new favorite as of 01:28 on Jul 10, 2016

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The joke is all men are exhibitionists.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

I love how all of the dudes have been drawn to be pushing their hips out to try and make their dicks look bigger too. Also what the gently caress is going on here.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

The joke is all men are exhibitionists.

The women are flashing their tits too

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think it's from Revelations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The latest Oglaf is again SFW:

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

BioEnchanted posted:

I think that one is Belphemon, who is cute in his sleeping mode, although still incredibly destructive, until the primary villain merges with him, awakening him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdISfpvPlm8

The best part is the body horror - partway through the fight the scientists face comes poking out of Belphemon's chest yelling HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!HATEYOU!

Unfortunately I can't find the clip of the latter..

A perpetually creative American man sums up some basic truths behind his artistic output by saying "My work contains a huge slice-of-life component."

Suddenly, the bizarre aquatic monster known appropriately as the Riverbeast attacks and declares "Grr... mine too!"

Comic by Joe Chiappetta copyright 2015, drawn on computer in Artrage and Paint.net programs.

This Silly Daddy comic is a tribute to the work of my wildly talented friend Matt Farley, who starred in one of my favorite low-budget, yet highly amazing movies: Don't Let the Riverbeast Get You. The amount of creative ability that has been given to Matt Farley is simply stunning. He writes movies, is a very insightful actor, and creates music and lyrics for a breathtaking variety of songs. Long time Silly Daddy Comic readers may also recognize Matt's name, since he put the Silly Daddy Song to music and recorded it.

Matt's movie work has a way of sneaking up on you, as in "I can't believe this ridiculous premise for a story has turned into a timeless life lesson while entertaining me at the same time." At first glace, Matt Farley's stories seem to have little to do with real life, but most are actually very cleverly grounded and even inspired. Matt, with his lovable and memorable collaborators are consistently able to tie in the universally human elements of life into the most oddball of pop-culture situations and leave you laughing and grateful to be alive. I thank God for Matt Farley. He's an unconventional and unforgettable innovator of the most remarkable kind.

My teenage son, Luke Chiappetta, reviewed the monstrously entertaining movie "Don't Let The Riverbeast Get You" below.

Riverbeast Will Rivet You With Laughs
"Don't Let The Riverbeast Get You" was certainly one of the best movies I have ever seen in my life! Produced by Matt Farley and directed by Charles Roxburgh in 2012, this movie had hilarious, good-natured humor, but also kept your interest with quick scenes of the mysterious Riverbeast, and a person getting killed every once and a while.

However, the story was not just about a wild, rampant Riverbeast killing people! It had a great (and extremely funny) plot line, and the blend of a monster plot with realistic slices of life was excellent! The way relationships are handled in the story creates a very relatable atmosphere--the characters could easily be any of our dear friends and relatives (well, except for the Riverbeast). The script was unpredictably entertaining and the Riverbeast costume was super-awesome. My little sister, who was seven years old when we first watched this, even got a little scared of the Riverbeast at some points in the movie.

Intentionally using a number of untrained and/or unprofessional actors for much of this film, the acting "mistakes" just added to the hilarious and good-natured tone of the film. While watching it, you feel a down-home familiarity with all of the characters. In fact, the tough-guy characters in the story reminded me of some of my family members. For instance, the police officer reminded me of my own grandfather, a no-nonsense, old-fashioned, classic police officer in real life.

Of all the Matt Farley's movies, hilarious YouTube videos and his songs, "Don't Let The Riverbeast Get You" is my favorite Matt Farley production so far, and is in my top five list of best movies. This film is one of the best (and funniest) movies I have ever seen, and I definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a wildly original, off-the-wall, yet down-to-earth movie.

See for yourself in the official movie trailer to Don't Let the River Beast Get You:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTwKCkYLAgA

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The latest Oglaf is again SFW:

that punchline.

I love OGLAF comics.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

starkebn posted:

I love OGLAF comics.

I think they huff turds to tell the truth.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
It did used to be better. Still better than most webcomics, though.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

Wizard Master posted:

yea they are really bad

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I disagree.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

You're quite entitled to not like it, and not all of them are on point, but overall I get a pretty high rate of laughs from reading them.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Wizard Master posted:

Do they? I had no idea that smelling feces gave one a better understanding of universal truths .

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I had no idea that smelling feces gave one a better understanding of universal truths .

This is itself a universal truth

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

fullroundaction posted:

I love how all of the dudes have been drawn to be pushing their hips out to try and make their dicks look bigger too. Also what the gently caress is going on here.

The dude on the left is Rogerius of Salerno, on of the most influential surgeons of the Middle Ages. The women present their diseased breasts to him, while the men all have various genital diseases.

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

System Metternich posted:

The dude on the left is Rogerius of Salerno, on of the most influential surgeons of the Middle Ages. The women present their diseased breasts to him, while the men all have various genital diseases.

Thanks I had no idea what the hell that was supposed to be! Squinting at a tiny image on my phone probably didn't help either.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Oglaf will forever be the best webcomic thanks to this strip:

http://oglaf.com/owlbear :nws:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Foxhound posted:

ahahahaha

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Foxhound posted:

But wait, wouldn't a predator want there to be more prey to eat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Slime posted:

But wait, wouldn't a predator want there to be more prey to eat?

Would you want to wait years for your meal?

• Locked thread