Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

goose fleet posted:

How can people hate a movie they haven't even seen

Well, see, if you take this red pill, you'll see that feminists have ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So my father is not a part of my life for many reasons. I look him up on facebook periodically to see if he's moved back to my city so I know whether I need to look out for him because I don't feel I would be safe if he contacted me. He's gone completely loving bonkers now. He's spamming his account with pro-Trump, 9/11 truther, Obama birther, mass shooting false flag, anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, Alex Jones garbage. Hundreds of youtube links and nothing else. He lives in friggin North Bay Ontario. Ah well, at least he's not here, I can rest easy for a while.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The new Ghostbusters isn't meant to be any type of remake or reboot right? The original ghostbusters were real people 30 years ago who did their thing and now 4 women, who know the original ghostbusters were real, are also fighting ghosts thst have come back.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

oldpainless posted:

The new Ghostbusters isn't meant to be any type of remake or reboot right? The original ghostbusters were real people 30 years ago who did their thing and now 4 women, who know the original ghostbusters were real, are also fighting ghosts thst have come back.

I believe so. I'm not sure how everyone meshes together, but I think the setting is basically a continuation of the business, not 3-4 women making their own ghost hunting gang, with token chickdude

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

goose fleet posted:

It has women in a lead role.

Also, a lot of these completely average reboots aren't even made for us. The Chinese movie market is loving exploding, and a lot of these movies make far more money over there than in North America.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

goose fleet posted:

The advertising did a good job knocking the legs out from under it.

I'm still going to go see it, but goddamn.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Front page of Imgur:

quote:

My review: Please do not listen to any of these politically correct shill reviewers. Im a gender egalitarian and im all for womens rights but this Ghostbusters movie is anything but equal. This ghostbusters trashes on men so much. Like holy poo poo. Chris hemsworth is the only main male guy and hes a dunce, useless, and he is constantly harrassed by the women. Its disgusting to see this double standard exist. gently caress this movie. gently caress paul feig. The CGI is poo poo. Kate Mckinnon is great. Christ hemsworth is great (in a bad role). Leslie jones is portraying a racist and stereotypical black woman. I cant vent enough about how much this movie sucked and how racist, cliche-ridden, disgusting, disrespectful, and just downright unjust to men and wonen. Sorry i had to vent. Honestly the worst movie ive ever gone to see. Im ashamed i went to an early premiere. Im ashamed at the film industry for producing this piece of poo poo. And im ashamed at thise SJW and politically correct reviewers who are too afraid to voice their real opinions or are being paid by sony to say something positive (which has happened before). This is disgrace. Do not support this movie. Its not helping women or men. I dont care that its an all female lead cast but dont go bashing guys the whole time and loving creating stereotypes of men and women. gently caress. Sorry i had to vent.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Data Graham posted:

Lipo-injection.

Liposculpture

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Krispy Kareem posted:

I'm cool with lady Ghostbusters and don't have a problem with the reboot, but the trailers looked awful. Kate McKinnon was the only thing that looked funny.

For what it's worth, the trailer for the original movie was terrible too. For some reason they decided to advertise it more as a horror movie than anything else.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

goose fleet posted:

COOTIES

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

goose fleet posted:

Because if you liked a movie as a child and then someone makes a sequel or remake of it, that retroactively replaces the movie you saw as a child and thereby ruins your childhood/life. Your memories of enjoying the original film are gone now, and you can never watch it again (because all copies are replaced by the new film).

And even if the new movie turns out to be good, it won't be as good as you remember the original one being. You were a child then and not as critical of movies, and it's been so long that you've had time to forget or downplay any bits you didn't like. But this new one will be fresh in your mind, and you'll be seeing it as an adult, so you'll notice every flaw. You won't get to remember it as being better than it was, and since it replaces the old one you won't get to remember that one as better than it was either. Everything is ruined forever.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It's not like Ghostbusters was that great of a film to begin with.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I VASTLY PREFER THE NOVELIZATION

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Or the cartoon series

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Brawnfire posted:

I VASTLY PREFER THE NOVELIZATION

*heavy mouthbreathing*

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

For what it's worth, the trailer for the original movie was terrible too. For some reason they decided to advertise it more as a horror movie than anything else.

I really hope the new one is in fact a horror movie they are advertising as a comedy.

I'd watch it.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

goose fleet posted:

Front page of Imgur:

Saying a movie is racist and sexist and all of its defenders are politically correct Robocops is like trying to get a refund at Pizza Hut claiming the pizza was ice cold, and also it burned your mouth.
You can't steal every base at once, kiddo.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i'd watch a ghostbuster movie featuring robocop and ladybusters

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

https://youtu.be/BPoILjs6BYI

That said the handwringing about the new version is hilarious. Where were these people when TRON was rebooted?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ghostbusters should be a trilogy with the first one set in medieval times, the second modern-day, and the third on a space station

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

The unexpected joys of having a schizophrenic friend on Facebook (who has other Schizophrenic friends of their own).

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Idiots on Social Media: I've been humping a lot of toy dogs recently hehe

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The premise of the new Ghostbusters cartoon might be similar to this.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Aren't the Ghostbusters reviews actually pretty underwhelming? Skimming them, it looks like a solid 6/10 or 7/10 movie that plays it safe and doesn't really do anything special or especially great.

These dudes won't be happy unless the reviews and box office are so bad that they somehow reach back in time and erase the movie's existence, leaving the franchise untainted by cooties once again.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

Aren't the Ghostbusters reviews actually pretty underwhelming? Skimming them, it looks like a solid 6/10 or 7/10 movie that plays it safe and doesn't really do anything special or especially great.

It has a 76% on rotten tomatoes which is pretty drat good, and that's awesome cause the reddit crowd was certain it was going to suck and be widely panned (I did too actually, just based off the awful trailer). Now that it's actually getting over with critics they don't have as much of a leg to stand on and will probably have to revert to claiming the reviewers are paid off by SJWs or are skeleton warriors themselves

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

bowser posted:

The unexpected joys of having a schizophrenic friend on Facebook (who has other Schizophrenic friends of their own).

i say, go hot karl

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I would be happy with seeing ''idiots on social media: untainted by cooties''

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, Santorum was right. Us gays really do just eventually want to gently caress dogs :(

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There is going to be a 21 Jump Street/Men in Black crossover film. Close enough.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 06:35 on Jul 11, 2016

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

bowser posted:

:stare:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I'll be honest, I... uh... I did not enjoy reading that.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Wanamingo posted:

The original trailer was great. Slasher/horror flicks were HUGE when the original ghost busters game out. And Akroyd and Murray were well known SNL figures. If you see Will Ferrell in a trailer for what looks like a straight horror film, you know it is supposed to be a comedy.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm mostly just looking forward to more h.bomberguy videos making fun of the usual suspects throwing temper tantrums over the movie.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Fashionable Jorts posted:

It has women in a lead role.

Also, a lot of these completely average reboots aren't even made for us. The Chinese movie market is loving exploding, and a lot of these movies make far more money over there than in North America.

Ghostbusters is 100% made to try to capitalize on now-30 something's nostalgia, no one in China even knows what Ghostbusters are.

Now superhero movies, video game movies, and anything involving giant robots (transformers, pacific rim), those are made for the Chinese market these days and why every one has a random token big Chinese actor to help Tony Stark out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Isn't part of the charm for the Chinese that these blockbuster movies are foreign? When I watch The Warmest Colour is Blue I don't want to see random American pop stars in it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

goose fleet posted:

It's the latest battle ground for people to shout at each other over identity politics on twitter.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Isn't part of the charm for the Chinese that these blockbuster movies are foreign? When I watch The Warmest Colour is Blue I don't want to see random American pop stars in it.

The audience doesn't care, the pandering is so the movie can be approved by the CCP. For what it's worth, there's evidence that studios have been rampantly inflating their numbers.

quote:

Compounding issues for Wanda, the Chinese production/distribution/exhibition behemoth that purchased Legendary in February for $3.5 billion dollars and the company that stands to gain the most from Warcraft’s success, were claims of box office fraud that began surfacing on Chinese social media late Sunday night.

Nationwide box office data showed 82 of the top 100 grossing cinemas on Saturday belonged to Wanda, far above the usual 40 that usually constitute the list.

One theater in the city of Foshan, in southern Guangdong Province, saw ticket sales increase 406% from Friday, and somehow a Wanda cineplex in the city of flood-stricken Liuzhou in Guangxi Province had an average of 130 moviegoers per screening on Saturday; Warcraft’s highest average attendance was 93 during its midnight screenings. Something wasn’t adding up.

http://chinafilminsider.com/china-box-office-warcraft-ticket-sales-come-scrutiny/

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

oldpainless posted:

:agreed:

I can't understand why they chose that hill to die on.

Then again I guess they'd die on any hill as long as they were defending it from cooties. The true martyrs of our day.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

Wanamingo posted:

The audience doesn't care, the pandering is so the movie can be approved by the CCP. For what it's worth, there's evidence that studios have been rampantly inflating their numbers.

http://chinafilminsider.com/china-box-office-warcraft-ticket-sales-come-scrutiny/

Apparently Chinese viewers actually really don't like the cameos from big Chinese actors that gets added to blockbusters there.

Go figure, who'd have thought that audiences don't like blatantly last-minute pandering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

goose fleet posted:

Front page of Imgur:

I haven't seen it, but even I know it won't be the worst movie I've ever seen, wonen in the lead be damned!