Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Bushnell Hybrid Laser-Gps Rangefinder on sale today down from ~$330 to $189.99.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGATIXE/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

daslog posted:

I just wish they wouldn't hide behind the Zika virus threat (it's not a threat in the winter) and just admit that the Olympics is a dumpster fire that they don't want to be associated with.

I reckon it would be more interesting if they restricted it to the world's top amateurs.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

mattfl posted:

Ok so I tried to play with these today and they are way to small. I guess the socks I wore when I tried them on were thicker than my normal ones. I put one on and was like nope, so they haven't even been worn at all.

So if anyone wears a size 10.5 in nikes and wants these before I put them on eBay I'll let them go for $35 shipped. That should be enough to cover what I paid and priority shipping within the US.

I'll take them! Email me, don't have Pms. Or just give me your PayPal or w/e and I'll send you the money.

dangling pointer fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 19, 2016

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

dangling pointer posted:

I'll take them! Email me, don't have Pms. Or just give me your PayPal or w/e and I'll send you the money.

Alex565@gmail.com

Emailed!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Halo14 posted:

I reckon it would be more interesting if they restricted it to the world's top amateurs.
But we already have the US Amateur, British Amateur, Asian Amateur, and Latin American Amateur.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

mattfl posted:

Emailed!

Money sent. Those are going to match my nike covert 3 wood, Ohio State towel, and Brutus headcover nicely :q:

I guess they look comfy too but who cares about that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Halo14 posted:

Nah. Men's soccer is limited to the u-23 teams which means nobody gives a poo poo about the tournament.

Most if not all of the men pulling out(ironically) are of the age where they're probably planning on having a kid in the next couple years. They're just being responsible.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Had my second handicap round today. Shot a 92 and should have shot in the mid to high 80s but once again a few dicky wedges let me down. Still drat happy to beat last weeks round by 22 shots. Had my best ever chance at an eagle drove a short par 4 and ended up about 3 metres away but pin high with a break towards the front of the green, missed it by about 3 cm and left s tap in birdie.

Feeling a lot better about this weeks round than last weeks trash.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Another stop at Burlington this morning to see if they had any bigger pairs.

They did lol. $20 and they actually fit. Nike golf shoes run super small for me. These are size 12 and fit great. The footjoys I wear are 10.5 and fit the same way these do. So weird.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

This is bizarre. I was a manager at a Burlington distributon center for three years and never saw a piece of golf apparel.

It must be a recent change. I stopped working there in late 2013 so it's entirely possible.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

This is bizarre. I was a manager at a Burlington distributon center for three years and never saw a piece of golf apparel.

It must be a recent change. I stopped working there in late 2013 so it's entirely possible.
Burlington and Ross bought a bunch of Nike's overstock golf stuff from last year.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I've got a pair of TW15s on the way from somebody on golfwrx, hopefully they fit. Other Nike size 12s fit me and these supposedly run pretty true to size. Looking forward to them since they're super comfortable for walking according to just about every review of them.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

mattfl posted:

Another stop at Burlington this morning to see if they had any bigger pairs.

They did lol. $20 and they actually fit. Nike golf shoes run super small for me. These are size 12 and fit great. The footjoys I wear are 10.5 and fit the same way these do. So weird.

Next time you're in there get me a size 10.5!!!! I'll pay ya double.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

ironlung posted:

Next time you're in there get me a size 10.5!!!! I'll pay ya double.
I have a pair in 10.5 wide... different color way though.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Any of you guys ever played Olde Stonewall Golf Club in eastern PA? The group I play with on Sundays wants to play there. I think we are going to wait till the fall because the course looks beautiful when the leaves turn, I can't wait!

Also do you guys hit your 3 wood off the deck? The opportunity for me to play that shot happens once maybe twice a round if the par 5s are really long. I'm much more confident with a 3H in my hand so I always play that. Maybe I should practice it more, I love me 3W off the tee.

Along the same lines any instructional videos you recommend for bunker shots around the green? That's another shot that sometimes comes up during my round that I would like to be more confident with.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

dangling pointer posted:

Along the same lines any instructional videos you recommend for bunker shots around the green? That's another shot that sometimes comes up during my round that I would like to be more confident with.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=me+and+my+golf+bunker&page=&utm_source=opensearch

Personally I love these guys for golf advice and drills :)

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

dangling pointer posted:

Any of you guys ever played Olde Stonewall Golf Club in eastern PA? The group I play with on Sundays wants to play there. I think we are going to wait till the fall because the course looks beautiful when the leaves turn, I can't wait!

Also do you guys hit your 3 wood off the deck? The opportunity for me to play that shot happens once maybe twice a round if the par 5s are really long. I'm much more confident with a 3H in my hand so I always play that. Maybe I should practice it more, I love me 3W off the tee.

That's Western PA, you had me thinking it would be an hour or two south of me but nope lol.

Also, I have a 4W currently and love it. That's only because I forced myself to get good at it via lots and lots of extra shots with it while I'm playing practice rounds. On my home course I hit it off the first tee unless it's into wind (short par 4) and occasionally as a second shot on one par 5 or tee shot on the par 4 17th. Up until a month or two ago I basically didn't hit any club between my driver and 4i but now my 4W and 3H are both reliable ~225 carry and ~205 carry. They're reasonably consistent at turning the way I want them to but it's hard to predict if it will be 5 yards of curve or 25. I found that taking a slightly shorter backswing with them made me much much more consistent, I used to top my previous 3W constantly but now that I have a more compact swing and don't try to crush it I look forward to opportunities to use it. On the tee I usually just place it on a good lie or use a broken tee and barely tee it up at all since I'd rather hit it thin than sky it.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

I have a pair in 10.5 wide... different color way though.

Thanks but wide is a no-go, my feet are really narrow

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hate this game so much. Every time I fix something Im doing wrong 2 more things somehow break. I took 7 penalty strokes off the tee today. Ive been solid off the tee all summer and in my last 3 games Ive developed this nasty push-slice with my driver and pull-hook with my 5W.

But on the bright side I can now play decently well from 100-30 yards!

:suicide:

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Josh Lyman, what happened in the US Women's Open playoff?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
JOE BUCK AND THE FOX SPORTS ULTRA MEGA HD SAND CAM SPOTTED MOVEMENT WHILE ANNA NORDQUIST ADDRESSED A BUNKER SHOT on the 17th hole.

and of course the USGA waits until after she hits her 3rd shot into the par 5 18th to let her know. :newlol:

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

USGA president called her Bethany Lang when she announced the victory lol. She's batting a thousand this year at botching US Open appearances.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

Josh Lyman, what happened in the US Women's Open playoff?
I slept through it because I assumed Lydia Ko had things wrapped up, but Keyser and Suprfli pretty much covered it.

Also, :siren: British Open thread is up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782832 :siren:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

They also let both players know at two different times. Jesus christ USGA

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I really doubt Nordqvist even felt her club brush the sand, it was literally a few grains that moved. Heightened scrutiny and HD cameras strike again.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

I really doubt Nordqvist even felt her club brush the sand, it was literally a few grains that moved. Heightened scrutiny and HD cameras strike again.

And what's lovely is the players played all tournament without those HD cams following every shot, so who knows how many other tiny infractions occurred. Only reason they had cams on ever shot was because it was a playoff.

They are going to have to come up with a better way to do this next season. 2 major championships have now been affected by poor decisions by the USGA and I doubt the players are going to put up with it much longer.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, I mean it's a penalty by the letter of the law but there's no way they've had that attention on every player and it's pretty bullshit Nordqvist gets dinged when likely nobody else that day, save Lang, was being watched that closely.

I get that with today's era of HD cameras and such that we're going to have these moments but you absolutely cannot let both players know at two separate times. Halt all play and tell everyone if you must, but the delays completely screwed Nordqvist, then you tell the player she thinks she's tied with about the situation before she hits her 3rd, but after Nordqvist already did? That is 100% bullshit.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Played my first round with my new push cart yesterday... such a great way to play golf. Obviously not practical on some courses but my home course is very walkable and I have been carrying for years. Pushing is so much easier, I really noticed the extra energy on the last 3-4 holes.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The actual cameraman was the guy who called it in to the booth too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Keyser S0ze posted:

The actual cameraman was the guy who called it in to the booth too.

lmao no way

ironlung posted:

Played my first round with my new push cart yesterday... such a great way to play golf. Obviously not practical on some courses but my home course is very walkable and I have been carrying for years. Pushing is so much easier, I really noticed the extra energy on the last 3-4 holes.

I really need to get one. More walking would do me wonders.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I love my Ogio push cart, it folds up with the bag still on it and fits in my trunk. It feels weird to use a riding cart since 99% of my rounds are walking, I think that contributes a bit to why I don't play so well in tournaments. Walking feels much more relaxing, riding always makes me feel rushed.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Speef just pulled out of the Olympics.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Speef just pulled out of the Olympics.

Not surprised. I can't blame anyone who doesn't want to go over there to compete in that poo poo show!

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
just let Phelps play for the USA in between swimming events

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Blegh. Whatever. As long as Patrick Reed is there I'm happy. That motherfucker is a real American.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

EnsGDT posted:

Blegh. Whatever. As long as Patrick Reed is there I'm happy. That motherfucker is a real American.

is he the one nicknamed BEEF? that guy owns

E: oh that's Andrew Johnston

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/721694658988888065?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Does this mean Kuuuuuuch will get in? 4 Americans can go if they're all in the top 15 and with Spieth and DJ out, he might make it. Maybe there's hope for this shitshow after all!

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

DJExile posted:

is he the one nicknamed BEEF? that guy owns

E: oh that's Andrew Johnston

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/721694658988888065?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/go...supporters.html

This is what I want from the Olympics.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Suprfli6 posted:

Does this mean Kuuuuuuch will get in? 4 Americans can go if they're all in the top 15 and with Spieth and DJ out, he might make it. Maybe there's hope for this shitshow after all!

I think we're looking at Kuch, Fowler, Watson and Reed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yessss this loving ruled